No pre-game movie bypass option, ticks me off.

mcwilliams132

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just have to say it. Games that force you to watch the pre-game movie without a bypass option really ticks me off. :x

I understand that it's cool the first time but, that's as much as I want to see it. Just let me get in and get on with the game.

I just got Metal Arms ($20 at Ebgames after AFF25 discount)...super fun, but you have to watch the pre-game movie (probably 5min in length) for any new game you start. I'm sure I could rattle off other games; I-Ninja is another that comes to mind off the top of my head.

Case-in-point...I created profiles for each of my two sons and one for me...we each started to play, but had to watch the opening movie each time.

Just wondering if that ticks off anyone else and if you can list any other games that don't have a movie bypass option.

Zelda:WW. I let my little bros play when they come over. they have to watch it everytime. and I'm not letting them play off my save... lol

Yeah, that really irks me when you can't just skip ahead of any movie. Also, when they have like 1300 different companies that helped make the game and you have to see each of their animated logos. Also, when the game, everytime you start goes to the beginning movie, even if you can skip it, its just annoying. It's like a game I play to see how fast I can get to actually playing the game.

And the irony: Why is it that load times and intros piss people off? Are you in a hurry to slack off? Must your anti-productivity come so quickly? For me, its like if I'm not gonna do anything, I want to do it on my own time, not on some load screens time.....

Me and my friend were playing ROTK on his computer, and for some reason it would crash 5 minutes into the game repeatedly. The first part is only one player so he'd be getting to play, and then it would crash. This happened like 10 times, over 45 minutes or so. There was no way to bypass the intro so after a while we'd got so accustomed to it we could point out little details in it. Eventually we was able to patch the game and we got stuck at the elephant part, but waiting for the movie to finish still qualifies as the greatest wasted amount of time in my whole life.

That still pisses me off to this day.

EDIT: When I'm in a rant I can't stop. What's up with those warning messages on DVDs these days. FBI Warning, the commentary might not be the opinion of the blah blah blahs, this show has been edited something or other. I thought DVDs were superior to VHS, yet you could skip over this crap with video tapes.

I've been watching Chappelle Show DVD, and has anyone noticed how ungodly long it takes to get to the first menu. One of those warnings stayed on for so long I thought my XBox crashed. There's no way to skip over those too. Sorry, just felt like sharing... :?

I agree. After you watch the thing once, you should have the option to skip it. Especially if it's right before a spot where you keep dying.

I was playing Dark Alliance on Extreme with my step-son. We were at the final boss, and were EXTREMELY low on potions. Every time we died, yep ... we had to watch her take off her stupid helmet and smash her stupid sword into the stupid ground, then pick up the stupid helmet and pull the stupid sword out of the stupid ground over and over and over and .... argh :evil:

I popped in Ninja Gaiden and watched all the stuff that comes up before the Start Game screen. Then began a new game. Turns out the movie that plays automatically when you pop in the disc is the same movie that starts out the game and you can't skip it when you start the game. Mildly annoying to watch the same movie two times in a row. (It's a minute or so long?)

That stuff doesn't annoy me as much as games that have the developer(s) logos unskipable before the title screen (as already mentioned) I mean you gotta watch that every time you pop in the disc, not just when you start a new game.

I'd like to see a standard where if you hit a button during a cut scene the game pops up a box asking, "Do you want to skip this movie? Yes, No" That way you won't accidentaly hit a button and miss a cool movie, but can skip one if you want.

Along the same lines, I hate (maybe too strong a term) when a game doesn't give you all the movies you've seen (or 'unlocked') in the game to watch again from a menu option.

I am not a big fan of cutscenes anyways, the less the better in my opinion. If I am not actually touching the controller something is wrong with the game in my opinion. I will watch them once, then I want to be able to skip them.

thats not that bad. pre patch for black and white, you had to watch a 10 minute movie and go through a 30 min tutorial every new game. that sucked.

This is amusing. I was just watching a DVD today and I thought that the title menus were getting out of hand with the length of intro movies. 30 seconds may not be that long, but for some reason it seems like forever when you're waiting for the DVD to start. What really ticks me off are the commercials for "coming soon to DVD" titles from the same studio. I've paid my $20 thank you very much, just play the damned movie instead of 10 minutes of commercials. I have a lot of kids DVD's and they are the biggest offenders.

Then I played Godzilla on the Cube with my son and had to flip through at leat 10 developer credit screens before playing the game. That it pretty annoying too.

Sonic Adventure for the DC was so bad and full of unskippable cutscenes, I almost chucked the disk against the wall. I havent played that game or any sonic game since.

[quote name='wubb']I popped in Ninja Gaiden and watched all the stuff that comes up before the Start Game screen. Then began a new game. Turns out the movie that plays automatically when you pop in the disc is the same movie that starts out the game and you can't skip it when you start the game. Mildly annoying to watch the same movie two times in a row. (It's a minute or so long?)[/quote]

Made this mistake too.

I remember when SWG launched, there was absolutely no way to bypass the LucasArts logo. Rumored had it, LucasArts wanted it this way so you'd be forced to see the logo.

It was later changed in one (of many, trust me) hotfixes.

[quote name='terribledeli']

I remember when SWG launched, there was absolutely no way to bypass the LucasArts logo. Rumored had it, LucasArts wanted it this way so you'd be forced to see the logo.

It was later changed in one (of many, trust me) hotfixes.[/quote]

Pardon my ignorance but whats swg?

bread's done
Back