NO WAY!!!??? KMART BLUE LIGHT SPECIALS YMMV Sat-Sun only? 60% off some games

dragonfireflys

CAGiversary!
UPDATED 1/16
This was in pittsburgh. Basically bunch of originally 14-30 dollar games for 60% off (clearance?) It was some supposed "BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL EVENT" but no blue lights involved; also included LOTS of other items (tags beneath the shelves).

Didn't see what gba games were on sale but I assume they were 60% of 15-20 so they'd be 6 or 8 dollars.

Decent selection sat/sun 1/16-1/17 only.

ADDITIONS: MERGED prelim list

XBOX
Burnout 2 directors cut xbox (12)

Manhunt Xbox 12 (can get for 11 at TRU fyi)

midway arcade treasures for xbox $8),

project gotham racing 2, (12)

MECHASSAULT Platinum (xbox) 8

Nhl hitz pro (xbox) 8

Gladiator sword of vengeance (xbox) 12

Crash and Burn (xbox) 12

Crimson Skies xbox 12

SCALER Xbox (8)

Psy-ops (8)

TMNT 1 (8)

Freedom Fighters (8)

Speed Kings (8)

ATV QUAD 2 (acclaim) 8

MX superstar (8)

BIG MOTHA TRUCKERS (5.20)

Metal Gear 2 substance (6)

PS2
Wild Arms 3 (12)

Suikoden 3 ps2 (8)

Spyhunter 2 ps2 (12)

Silent Hill 2 ps2 (12)

viewtiful joe for ps2 ($8, PS2) (GCN 12)

megaman zero 3 ($12, Ps2?)

Rise to Honor (ps2) 8

Spyhunter gh (ps2) 8

Rise to honor (8)

Beyond good and evil (12?)

Contra shattered soldier (12)

X111 (8)

sphinx (8)

Castlevania (ps2) 8

Spyhunter 2 (ps2) 12

Barbarian (ps2) 12

Whiplash (ps2) 12

GCN
mario party-e for $4 (GCN)/YMMV.

Wavebird+metroid gcn 15

Apparently this deal includes both the platinum hits and regular skus at least on xbox. I assume it applies to PS2 greatest hits as well.

Gets even better: the Metroid Prime + Wavebird bundles are $16!

Used the $15 check that I had from the DoubleDash bundle and picked one up for $2 w/ tax.

[quote name='vherub']the kmart at madison square garden has this sale, but no idea on what stock they have[/quote]

All I know is that they set it up in a sort of DVD like display near the electronics cashier. Completely fucking ugly crappy kmart display and unsure if ANY OTHER games were included. It may be ALL platinum hits, but don't quote me on that.

no... no... no... NO, I refuse to go into Kmart, I don't care, not this time, everytime I go the Kmart by me has nothing, and I'm not gonna get suckered into going down there again.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']no... no... no... NO, I refuse to go into Kmart, I don't care, not this time, everytime I go the Kmart by me has nothing, and I'm not gonna get suckered into going down there again.[/quote]

I'm with ya, horsey.. especially since I let the $15 Nintendo check turn into GameCrazy store credit.. that's okay though.. must.. resist.. sale..

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']no... no... no... NO, I refuse to go into Kmart, I don't care, not this time, everytime I go the Kmart by me has nothing, and I'm not gonna get suckered into going down there again.[/quote]

Same here. Every single time I hear of a "clearance" or "special" from them, it always ends up in nothing.

[quote name='TJordan522']If someone can pick up MechAssault and/or the Prime/Wavebird pack for me I will be eternally grateful.[/quote]

Sorry I'm leaving tommorrow so you'll have to find someone else.

Just call them. A wave bird for $16, let alone a game is a damn good deal

[quote name='dragonfireflys'][quote name='TJordan522']If someone can pick up MechAssault and/or the Prime/Wavebird pack for me I will be eternally grateful.[/quote]

Sorry I'm leaving tommorrow so you'll have to find someone else.[/quote]

Any other kind souls who aren't going anywhere?

Anyone have a list of the titles that are on sale so far? My Kmart had a little cheap plastic crate on the electronics display case near the register with games in it for 60% off, marked "ONLY THESE ARE 60% OFF". I spotted a Wavebird/Metroid bundle in the video game case along the wall on the bottom marked at $39.99 and it scanned at $15.99. They also had Mario Party 4 Wavebird bundles, but those scanned at $69.99.

Thanks to Tim for posting the Wavebird deal!

I saw a list of the games, it's a good 5 pages long. Here's what I remember of it(which isn't much at all):

PS2-
Castlevania
Wild Arms 3
XIII
BG+E
Twisted Metal Black
Amplitude

XBOX:
Mechassault Platnium
Amped

GBA:
Castlevania: CotM
Castlevania: AoS
Mega Man Zero 3 (yes, the new one)
Advance Wars 2

bunch of other good stuff....I'm going to go tomorrow too and take a pencil/paper, try to write down what I see

[quote name='Logain8955']I saw a list of the games, it's a good 5 pages long.

bunch of other good stuff....I'm going to go tomorrow too and take a pencil/paper, try to write down what I see[/quote]

I sure would appreciate it! I know there are a lot of old games at my local Kmart, but they only had that tiny crate of them marked as being on sale. I know there has to me more titles than that. (I did spot Amplitude, but I already have it.) They still have Ico here, for cryin' out loud.

[quote name='bil4l']Is that bundle just a Wavebird controller and Metroid Prime or what?[/quote]

It's a shrink wrapped bundle of a gray Wavebird with a copy of Metroid Prime in a regular Gamecube case, with the Metroid Prime having a cover that says "Kmart Exclusive Wavebird Wireless Controller Included".

On sale at my KMART:

Viewtiful Joe PS2 $7.99

.Hack Outbreak $11.99

Metroid Prime Bundle $15.99

HP Prisoner Azkuban $7.99

Crimson Skies XBOX $11.99

I also found a sealed Wind Waker NonPC.

That's exactly my situation. Last time I saw a deal at K-mart was for Sudeki for $45.

[quote name='TJordan522']If someone can pick up MechAssault and/or the Prime/Wavebird pack for me I will be eternally grateful.[/quote]

I'm going back to check on Mega Man Zero 3 (which Logain8955 says is marked down as well), so I'll grab you one while I'm there.

[quote name='abilyk'][quote name='TJordan522']If someone can pick up MechAssault and/or the Prime/Wavebird pack for me I will be eternally grateful.[/quote]

I'm going back to check on Mega Man Zero 3 (which Logain8955 says is marked down as well), so I'll grab you one while I'm there.[/quote]

That would be great. Thanks! Let me know if you are able to get either of them.

[quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='abilyk'][quote name='TJordan522']If someone can pick up MechAssault and/or the Prime/Wavebird pack for me I will be eternally grateful.[/quote]

I'm going back to check on Mega Man Zero 3 (which Logain8955 says is marked down as well), so I'll grab you one while I'm there.[/quote]

That would be great. Thanks! Let me know if you are able to get either of them.[/quote]

Shoulda clarified on my first post, they've got MechAssault (platinum case, hope that's cool), but no Prime bundle. So MechAssault's what I'll be picking up.

I got PGR2, Amped 2, Crimson Skies (29.99-60% each) and 3 wavebird/Prime bundles. Nothing like a complete set of wavebirds. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='abilyk'][quote name='TJordan522'][quote name='abilyk'][quote name='TJordan522']If someone can pick up MechAssault and/or the Prime/Wavebird pack for me I will be eternally grateful.[/quote]

That would be great. Thanks! Let me know if you are able to get either of them.[/quote]

Shoulda clarified on my first post, they've got MechAssault (platinum case, hope that's cool), but no Prime bundle. So MechAssault's what I'll be picking up.[/quote]

Yeah that's great. Thanks a ton!!

SWEET! my finds edited in MS paint so you can tell what the fuck they are! lol

scan.jpg

My K-Mart never seems to mark down games. They had some in the 60% off bin, but the ones that I really would have liked (Amplitude and Viewtiful Joe) were still in the game case, marked at $40 and $20 respectively.

Of course, there was no one in the department to check prices for me... *sigh*

Do we know for certain if this is YMMV? If it's chain-wide, it would be worth going back to grab the games...but I'd really rather not waste more of my time.

Kmart never has anything, and when they do you have to go across the store to find someone to open the cases because they are afraid someone will steal some crap $2 game.

A very good sale, but I think all of the K-Marts in Texas closed down (atleast the ones that were in my area), so no sale for me. :(

I just picked up the MegaMan Zero 3, and I only paid 12.70 with tax.

EDIT: The bin at my K Mart was right in front of the electronics register/service counter.

So does does this seem to be chain wide? (People all across the country reporting this...) Also does everyone who's found these sales found them in special bins?

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']My K-Mart never seems to mark down games. They had some in the 60% off bin, but the ones that I really would have liked (Amplitude and Viewtiful Joe) were still in the game case, marked at $40 and $20 respectively.

Of course, there was no one in the department to check prices for me... *sigh*

Do we know for certain if this is YMMV? If it's chain-wide, it would be worth going back to grab the games...but I'd really rather not waste more of my time.[/quote]

Chain-wide. Hunt somebody down.

this is NOT YMMV if the employee told me the right thing....

these were lose in a cardboard display care at the end of one of the aisles by the register.. there was a devcent size poster hanging from the cealind saying it was a blue light sale

hope i help someone out

[quote name='StealthySeal']this is NOT YMMV if the employee told me the right thing....

these were lose in a cardboard display care at the end of one of the aisles by the register.. there was a devcent size poster hanging from the cealind saying it was a blue light sale

hope i help someone out[/quote]

Helped me out, thanks. Gonna go check this out now.

Just want to know if anyone has any confirmation if this is really saturday and sunday only, or if it's while supplies last? There's a K-Mart not too far from my job on tuesday if it's still goin' on....

Looks like this 60% off Blue Light special is indeed Sat/Sun only. I've been to all 3 Kmarts in town. All 3 had clearance bins/shelves, but all 3 also had clearance games that were still behind the glass (such as Mega Man Zero 3) and still marked at full price but rang up correctly. Hopefully a CAG can get us a list of all clearanced games, because I can just about guarantee that almost every Kmart has more clearanced games than what's in the bins.

It is Sat and Sun---60% off. My store had a lot of games: Viewtiful Joe, Suikoden 3, Silent Hill 3, XIII and quite a few others that looked interesting. Most were $7.99.

I'm going to check K-Mart for Mega Man Zero 3 tomarrow, but if for someone reason I can't find it, I'd appreciate an extra if someone comes across one.

bread's done
Back