Nobody wants Dark Void?

xxDOYLExx

CAGiversary!
I have checked BB, Amazon and TRU. None of them have a posted TIV for Dark Void. Is this game really this big of a stinker?

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']I have checked BB, Amazon and TRU. None of them have a posted TIV for Dark Void. Is this game really this big of a stinker?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for the masses but for me, it's a good thing a demo was released first.

Just to let everyone know the demo does not do the game justice. I thought the demo was terrible but played the game and it was not nearly as bad as what places like IGN say. I put a review up on my site if you are on the fence about playing the game, Gamingsurvival.com.

[quote name='Shockdrop']I played the demo, and I think it's awesome. I want it.[/QUOTE]
I will sell you a brand new sealed copy (PS3) for $30 + 2.50 (paypal) first class shipping with delivery confirmation.

[quote name='smarkbran']The game is terrible from what I have seen of it. It doesn't control very well judging from the demo.[/QUOTE]

It controled great once i figured out that i had to wedge the controller in my asscheeks and squeeze back and forth.:lol:

[quote name='DiRT_X']It controled great once i figured out that i had to wedge the controller in my asscheeks and squeeze back and forth.:lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol: This is why many of us wait till a game has had several price drops before buying them anymore, since there are so many glitchy games with bad controls out there.:roll:

Wow, i had high hopes for the game.

Sounds like the same thing that happened with Bionic Commando.

Oh well. I'll still Gamefly it.

[quote name='ppself']Sounds like the same thing that happened with Bionic Commando.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, I just read the review in Game Informer, and that was mentioned. Another game with an interesting concept that gets bogged down by a bad story and under utilization of the cool gimmick it has going for it.

Wow, that's pretty bad. Iron Man was beyond frustrating. I rented it, played it for a total of maybe 2 hours, and then shipped it right back to GameFly. Only game I ever did that with. It was that awful.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, that's pretty bad. Iron Man was beyond frustrating. I rented it, played it for a total of maybe 2 hours, and then shipped it right back to GameFly. Only game I ever did that with. It was that awful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Plus the animations got old after 5 minutes on Dark Void. The first time I did the boost to fly thing the guy shook around like crazy and I thought "that's kinda funny/cool" and then I realized it was the same animation every time and that you did that in game every 10 seconds.

I rented it as I had a free rental and all the others were rented out i wanted.

I know nothing about the game.

To me it seems like they wanted to add more guns to Uncharted 1 and go from there. I mean its really a similar game, but not as good.

It is picking up a bit however. I am not a fan of the ledge jumping but rarely have I had control issues.

I never tried the demo.

I heard the game is very short story wise and the only fun part is the jet pack.Which I really enjoyed in the PS3 demo but not worth $60 bucks if it has no online/2-Player Modes/or replay value after beating the story mode.

I like it... It's fun. Though in doses, as the game doesn't introduce too many new elements over time. It does give me the willies as I fly around, with the sense of vertigo, which is a great sensation. Definitely worth picking up if it's already marked down.

i got it on release day and i like it...the only reason i even considered it was that if you bought it with bayonetta, you got a $60 TRU gift card...

so for it being nearly free, it was worth it

I bought the PC version when GS was running the "Buy a select game, get a $10 credit towards a future online purchase" because 1) the PC version was $20 cheaper and 2) I had a ton of credit to burn.

The game has been a pleasant surprise thus far. The story is pretty corny, and the main character is a Nathan Drake wanna-be, but the controls are good and the action decent. It's not a bad console port at all.

Well I rented it a week or two ago as I had a free rental and the games I wanted were out.

Its decent. It feels like an uncharted copycat in some senses, and not just do to voice acting. There is bascially the same set of characters, etc. Some of the enviroments reminded me of Uncharted as well.

The rocket pack thing is ok, and the story is pretty cheesy. There were a few glitches I ran into and it was annoying. I had come to the last 2 chapters and I had about 2 left I presume.. It came down to be sleeping for 5-6 hours or beating the game and sleeping for 4 hours or so the last night I had it.

I just went to bed and returned it the next day. I would normally not do that, but the game was really not keeping me into it enough to stay up.

I am guessing this is going to drop really fast.

I also played it but I won't be as generous. The regular ground-based cover shooting was fine, but IMO the flight controls were complete garbage, and the story is utter nonsense.

Not to mention that I beat it in two days and the final boss was almost insultingly easy.

bread's done
Back