Nocturne - final battlles.

eldergamer

CAGiversary!
After nearly two years of playing SMT Nocturne I'm finally at level 666 of the tower of katsguchi.
I'm about to fight/defeat(?) Katsguchi and I just don't know if it's worth it.

I faced him once just as a test and it seemed like his full moon attacks seemed to just destroy my party. I'm at level 78-79. Have dante, have defated all the fiends and have even unlocked 'pierce'. I even defeated the 4 kings and got the ultimate "null all but almighty" magatashi.

So should I press on? Give up? Spend months leveling up?
Can I defeat moon face only to be utterly defated by lucifier at the end?
Just don't want to get my hopes up. I'd rather just watch the ending on youtube than go through all the extra work.

Hmm, it must be your other demons then - Kagatsuchi is a really easy fight honestly. Make sure you -nda him down and -kaja yourself up. If you have Metatron or a similarly powerful demon, make sure you use Debilitate on him constantly (takes every stat down by 1 - max you can take down stats are by 4). If you have someone with Fog Breath, use that as well (I believe Beelzebub is a great demon who has it naturally). Hopefully your main guy has both Freikugel and Focus, because those together make for a strong attack against the enemy. You're gonna be hitting for ~6000 damage each attack if you have 4 Tarukajas, use 4 Rakundas on the enemy, Focus and then hit with Freikugel.

In regards to Lucifer, yea...he'll probably tear ya a new one...not cause he's overwhelmingly strong, but just because you probably won't be able to damage him. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and assume you haven't bothered to give all your demons the Pierce skill (by fusing in with the special creature you could buy on either the 4th or 5th Kalpa, forgot which)...so that battle will probably be a bitch and a half. That's kinda why I've never liked to get Pierce...sure, it's a fine skill. But the new optional boss can only be seriously hurt if you have it...so your main character is going to be the only one who can even put a dent in him unless you bother to fuse like crazy. He also does have some strong attacks, and likes to cancel your -nda and -kaja boosts, so you'll have to keep others stat boosting the whole fight. I typically have Metatron Debilitate constantly or Tarukaja if he gets a free turn, have Beelzebub Fog Breath like crazy and Sukukaja if possible, have my main guy or whoever else I have (BTW, Dante is absolute trash for the Lucifer fight, don't even bother since he can't learn Pierce and doesn't have any good stat boosting/healing skills) use Mediarahan...and like I suggested, use a Focus/Freikugel double. If you don't have Focus, or already wasted your chance to learn it, that's fine. It's helpful, but nothing too great. Freikugel, however, you really need to have. I wanna say you get that from the Magatama you're talking about (Masakados I believe) as his final skill to bestow, so get that if ya can.

Aaaand yea...I feel incredibly nerdy remembering all that when the last time I played Nocturne was probably ~2 years ago :(

I definately dont have metaton and beezlebub. According to the double jump strat guide (which is a godsend for this game) you need metatron in order to open the door on the 5th kalpa to purchase the demon w/ pierce skill. (my character has it, btw.)

Megaten covered pretty much everything. All my demons had Bright Might, which helped. The moon phases do shift during the battle, but during Full Moon you'll be kicking ass. And Focus + Freikugel makes the battle pretty easy.

bread's done
Back