NoMore GuiltyGear!! Now Blazblue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
The creater of GuiltyGear has stated that from now on GuiltyGear will be a 3D action game franchise .....similar to devil may cry.....(First is a Xbox360 exclusive).....(originally what he had wanted but made a fighter because of budget issues).......but there is good news the is anothier fighting game that takes place 10-20 years later called Blazblue which is in the guiltygear universe...plays and feels just like guilty gear so in other words guiltygear's decendent. LOOKS AWESOME I CANT WAIT. Drop your opinions and RIP GuiltyGear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiXL6NWzVXM

That looks pretty good, I'm glad to see the GG style continue. The new cast of characters looks interesting also.... any word on a release date or platform?

Guilty Gear 2 takes place on an alternate timeline anyways.

GG fans will love BlazBlue regardless. But there is still GG fighting games to be made. It makes way too much money to think otherwise.

[quote name='MarkMan']Guilty Gear 2 takes place on an alternate timeline anyways.

GG fans will love BlazBlue regardless. But there is still GG fighting games to be made. It makes way too much money to think otherwise.[/quote]

well this is why they are going to blazblue to continue the guiltygear fighting game style so that the fans have a new venture explore that is familiar to guilty gear because guilty gear is now going to be focused on the story ...which by the way is very interesting so if you are a hard core fan of guilty gear you want to explore the storyline through the action game as for fighting & money making... that's going to be left to its predecesser blazblue to carry on the torch

[quote name='Chacrana']Uhm.... look, if MM says something about a fighting game series like this, he's not going to just be talking out his ass.[/quote]

Look if your looking to fight with someone go to anothier forum ...im not arguing with MarkMan im just stating facts from magazines and representives of Arc System Works and like i mentioned before i am hoping that guilty gear continues to make fighting games..... i want them to... but unless you can prove to me that there are more guilty gear fighting games coming out then i have to go with whats creditible.....and by the way i believe Markman can speak for himself

[quote name='cheko']Look if your looking to fight with someone go to anothier forum ...im not arguing with MarkMan im just stating facts from magazines and representives of Arc System Works and like i mentioned before i am hoping that guilty gear continues to make fighting games..... i want them to... but unless you can prove to me that there are more guilty gear fighting games coming out then i have to go with whats creditible.....and by the way i believe Markman can speak for himself[/quote]

best place to even talk about this subject matter is in the fighter thread seeing as more details get discussed there than specific thread posts.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']best place to even talk about this subject matter is in the fighter thread seeing as more details get discussed there than specific thread posts.[/quote]

Im fairly new to Furoms so i'm still getting the hang of this furom stuff....thanks for the info

hi again,

I've played BlazBlue a lot and it doesn't play exactly like Guilty Gear or an 'evolved' version of Guilty Gear at all. it is it's own game.

I'm not going to say anything about what magazines/interviews say. But Trust my word ^_^

I have a good relationship with Aksys games/Arc Systemworks Japan... so yea, don't count Guilty Gear out, there will be MORE Guilty Gear fighting games. Trust me on this ^_^ BlazBlue is it's own thing. But GG fans will definitely be pleased with BB in more than one way.

[quote name='MarkMan']hi again,

I've played BlazBlue a lot and it doesn't play exactly like Guilty Gear or an 'evolved' version of Guilty Gear at all. it is it's own game.

I'm not going to say anything about what magazines/interviews say. But Trust my word ^_^

I have a good relationship with Aksys games/Arc Systemworks Japan... so yea, don't count Guilty Gear out, there will be MORE Guilty Gear fighting games. Trust me on this ^_^ BlazBlue is it's own thing. But GG fans will definitely be pleased with BB in more than one way.[/quote]

That's great to Hear...so you played BlazBlue ...in the arcade? where ? thats awesome im assuming not in NY maybe not even the US

[quote name='cheko']That's great to Hear...so you played BlazBlue ...in the arcade? where ? thats awesome im assuming not in NY maybe not even the US[/quote]

It's not even out in Japan.

yea i played it at AX 08...its good but i prefer GG....especally since BB has that one big cheap character...o well, its not a finished product yet so i can't judge it yet

also, when i was playing it, i got the feeling that the AI wasnt agressive enough...i want a fighting game that will rape and skullfuck me till im good

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm good friends with Aksys Games/Arc Systemworks, so I always have a chance to play it. I also had the game available to play at San Diego Comic-Con in my console gaming room.

[quote name='MarkMan']Guilty Gear 2 takes place on an alternate timeline anyways.

GG fans will love BlazBlue regardless. But there is still GG fighting games to be made. It makes way too much money to think otherwise.[/quote]

False!
Guilty Gear 2: Overture takes place right after the first Guilty Gear and is canon to the actual story. All the Guilty Gear X's and the like were considered gaidens.

Guilty Gear is becoming a 3-D action game as originally intended to be as stated by Daisuke himself in an interview.

BlazBlue like it or not is now the predecessor of Guilty Gear, I don't like it either and don't agree with the decision totally.

But BlazBlue looks great and I will definitely own the series, it also takes place in the Guilty Gear universe as for when and how has not been revealed yet.

On a side note I'm not flaming you or trolling I'm just correcting you. Next time get all your facts straight and do some research before you start an argument.

P.S.- Go here for all your BlazBlue and Guilty Gear information
http://www.blazblue.com/
or
http://www.dustloop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aPeXFUBAR']On a side note I'm not flaming you or trolling I'm just correcting you. Next time get all your facts straight and do some research before you start an argument.[/quote]

Just to be fair, since you're new and all, Rolento is right when it comes to going through all of the old Fighting Game Threads and reading up on what MarkMan has to say there.

Long story short, he has many connections in the industry. Things he hinted at or subtly whispered about pretty much passed from his keyboard to the forums a few days or a few weeks before official announcements hit major gaming blogs (think Joystiq, Kotaku, Magic Box, etc.) and whatnot.

I'm not saying he's 100% right since I only followed Guilty Gear's story up until a point before I gave up on caring [that and I found GG2 to be very uninspired and lacking, and I usually love those types of games, but I digress ;) ], but it also helps to look at what other posters have said as well.

All in all, I think everybody can learn something from this thread! For example, the few Fighting Game Thread people in here now know that I lurk in there for far too long. In my defense, I will point out that I love the games to death but my 2D skills have been lacking since MvC2 on the DC and 3D...oh lord...SCII? I need massive help. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back