non rock version of rock band?

akilshohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (67%)
Do you think it's possible? I don't mean another version of Rock band, but a music game that's not deeply rooted in rock but is just as expansive? I like the concept of the game, but it kinda turns me off because the song selection is not my cup of tea, but I don't think any other genre of music would lend it's self to a game like that.
Any thought anyone?

Suggest these to the makers of Guitar Hero.

1) Blue Grass Victory.

2) Country Champions.

3) Acoustic Accomplishments.

PS. No I'm not sure why I felt those last two had to have the same first letter.

[quote name='akilshohen']Do you think it's possible? I don't mean another version of Rock band, but a music game that's not deeply rooted in rock but is just as expansive? I like the concept of the game, but it kinda turns me off because the song selection is not my cup of tea, but I don't think any other genre of music would lend it's self to a game like that.
Any thought anyone?[/QUOTE]
You're just waiting for them to release Country Bear Jamboree on the Wii. ;)

Nah, I was thinking about a hip-hop focused rhythm game. I made one for my game idea development class, but the concept kinda fell on it's face.
But instead of a country version, I'd like to see a R&B centric version. I just love singing the slow jams in karaoke revolution.

[quote name='akilshohen']Do you think it's possible? I don't mean another version of Rock band, but a music game that's not deeply rooted in rock but is just as expansive? I like the concept of the game, but it kinda turns me off because the song selection is not my cup of tea, but I don't think any other genre of music would lend it's self to a game like that.
Any thought anyone?[/QUOTE]

Keyboard mania, Drummania has other types of songs, Guitar Freaks even too.
Beatmania of course which covers a few areas of music. It's all been out there for years and years.

g20190bd5nn.jpg

[quote name='CouRageouS']Wait till Harmonix puts out their own version of Beatmania. I'm sure they'll get around to it eventually.[/QUOTE]

frequency was a bit similar... well not really but that had a decent amount of different song genres

bread's done
Back