Non slim Microsoft 360 - Arcade $150, Elite bundles $250

Clark.Griswold

CAGiversary!
So for those who haven't heard yet, Microsoft is clearing out all remaining Xbox 360's with a $50 price drop at all major retailers. I'm hoping to find some sales on Arcades closer to the $100 mark before it's all said and done. I missed out when they were on for $129 awhile ago.

Anyway, just a heads up if you were thinking of getting some of the old hardware at reduced prices before it's all phased out to the slim models. If you need wireless though the new $299 slim model includes it (where the old ones require a separate, expensive adapter) so the Elite bundle seems a bit of a waste there. For people like me who have wired Ethernet though, the Arcades are attractive at that price point since I can add cheap flash storage to them now. I'm thinking of getting one or two for gaming and their HD media extending capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of going for a cheap Arcade. Does anyone know if the Arcade's at Gamestop come with Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie?

I believe arcades do not come with any games. Maybe hexic HD. I can confirm this price drop. Saw a couple of EBs selling at 150/250/300 for super elites

[quote name='Xephon']I believe arcades do not come with any games. Maybe hexic HD. I can confirm this price drop. Saw a couple of EBs selling at 150/250/300 for super elites[/QUOTE]
No Hexic, it's only free with hard drives. If you buy one for your Arcade though, then you'll get Hexic.

Aegis Wing can be downloaded off Xbox Live for free, and it's pretty awesome downloadable title. That's all you'll get with a new arcade without a purchase though.

[quote name='RchrdJ']I'm thinking of going for a cheap Arcade. Does anyone know if the Arcade's at Gamestop come with Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie?[/QUOTE]

All Xbox 360 Arcades now have packaged in with them Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts from the Spring Bundle (unless the store has the older Arcade units which come with nothing or even older a memory card with some arcade games but those are pre-November 2008 systems).

Edit: Xbox 360 Slim is an original Xbox 360 with a giant band aid on it hoping to fix the RROD but didn't fix the disc issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwINtoQpyNc

All Xbox 360 Arcades now have packaged in with them Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts from the Spring Bundle (unless the store has the older Arcade units which come with nothing or even older a memory card with some arcade games but those are pre-November 2008 systems).

Thanks, that's what I was referring to. I just wasn't sure if it was all consoles, or consoles from certain retailers.

[quote name='RchrdJ']I'm thinking of going for a cheap Arcade. Does anyone know if the Arcade's at Gamestop come with Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie?[/QUOTE]
If you are going to get one, RCSS has a no tax event going on this weekend and 10% off 360 consoles on top of that.

I just want an Arcade so I can play the frankly ridiculous amounts of RPGs I have. I still have to go through Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean 4, Lost Odyessy and Oblivion...and I want to get Magna Carta 2 and RoF D:

The problem with sharing a 360 with a sibling...solo game time is very limited.

[quote name='thegamecubist']I just want an Arcade so I can play the frankly ridiculous amounts of RPGs I have. I still have to go through Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean 4, Lost Odyessy and Oblivion...and I want to get Magna Carta 2 and RoF D:

The problem with sharing a 360 with a sibling...solo game time is very limited.[/QUOTE]
Ahhh yes, console sharing. Although the last time I had to do that it was a SNES, not Xbox 360 I was sharing. I definitely don't miss the sharing part. I do sort of missing having someone to play local 2 player games with all the time though. Online is fun and all but it's just not the same as in person. Too bad my wife doesn't care for much other than extremely casual gaming from time to time.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']If you are going to get one, RCSS has a no tax event going on this weekend and 10% off 360 consoles on top of that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I can't do that for two reasons.

1. We don't have an RCSS where I live
2. I'm trading in 4 garbage games at EB for $100 towards the console.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RchrdJ']Thanks, but I can't do that for two reasons.

1. We don't have an RCSS where I live
2. I'm trading in 5 garbage games at EB for $100 towards the console.[/QUOTE]
Oh, well there is always that option as well. :)

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']
Edit: Xbox 360 Slim is an original Xbox 360 with a giant band aid on it hoping to fix the RROD but didn't fix the disc issues.
[/QUOTE]

seriously guy...if the idiot in the video can't read the giant sticker that says "DO NOT MOVE CONSOLE WHILE ITS ON" then he deserves whatever he gets. I've never had a scratched disc via my 360 as when its on i leave it alone.

go grab your PC tower and start shaking it while its on and see if you cause any damage.

all electronics function under the basic premise of "do not move while using" so next time you start juggling a PS3 let me know how it goes ;)

& if a pet or child tips over the console, now what? this isnt widely known on ps3, or how about portable cd players?

[quote name='kn00tcn']& if a pet or child tips over the console, now what? this isnt widely known on ps3, or how about portable cd players?[/QUOTE]

if you leave it in the open where a pet can run into it then I have no pity for you. Get your stuff off the floor and into a cabinet where it belongs. As for a kid...saying "no" when they get close to things they shouldn't be touching usually works.

be responsible. Don't blame MS for people's idiocy in taking care of their belongings. This is almost as lame as people who got upset over their console RRoD'ing after they left it on a carpet for weeks on end :bomb:

[quote name='kyle071785']if you leave it in the open where a pet can run into it then I have no pity for you. Get your stuff off the floor and into a cabinet where it belongs. As for a kid...saying "no" when they get close to things they shouldn't be touching usually works.

be responsible. Don't blame MS for people's idiocy in taking care of their belongings. This is almost as lame as people who got upset over their console RRoD'ing after they left it on a carpet for weeks on end :bomb:[/QUOTE]

If you put your Xbox 360 in a cabinet though then it would overheat and get a RROD.

Also the sticker is large but the text is small and how many people really read those things.

I agree with you about leaving your system on a carpet and someone getting an RROD. My friend did that who has two cats and a dog and he left his 360 on a carpet. What do you know it got 1 RROD and when I opened it up to fix it, it looked like he stuffed his cat in there.

I am a very responsible person with my electronics and I wouldn't shake my system while I am playing a game. What that guy did when he moved his 360 when the disc was running was stupid. However, in his defense Microsoft should have still fixed the disc tray in the system.

I am waiting to see if EB will have a trade in promo for the slim 360 like they did when the black Wii came out. I'd like to get the smaller 360 if there is a good promo on.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']All Xbox 360 Arcades now have packaged in with them Viva Pinata and Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts from the Spring Bundle (unless the store has the older Arcade units which come with nothing or even older a memory card with some arcade games but those are pre-November 2008 systems).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwINtoQpyNc[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the RROD problem was addressed in the New Jasper Arcade/Elite models. The Overheatting of the Graphics Card, X-Clamps, etc. I haven't heard of any of the Newer X360s RRODing with proper use/care.

This Update further improves on this update with a 45nm CPU/GPU (like the PS3 Slims), Smaller external power source, extra huge ventilation. so there is no reason why this should be RRODing too.

The disc tray is completely different. It is a given that one SHOULDNT move their xbox while its playing the disc. That is common sense for every Gamer. Also that wouldn't have happened if they installed that game to HDD.

The guy is the vid is a noob.

[quote name='Xephon']I'm pretty sure the RROD problem was addressed in the New Jasper Arcade/Elite models. The Overheatting of the Graphics Card, X-Clamps, etc. I haven't heard of any of the Newer X360s RRODing with proper use/care.

This Update further improves on this update with a 45nm CPU/GPU (like the PS3 Slims), Smaller external power source, extra huge ventilation. so there is no reason why this should be RRODing too.

The disc tray is completely different. It is a given that one SHOULDNT move their xbox while its playing the disc. That is common sense for every Gamer. Also that wouldn't have happened if they installed that game to HDD.

The guy is the vid is a noob.[/QUOTE]

What is common sense to you may not be common sense to everyone else.

The new Xbox 360 cannot RROD it has a Red Dot of Death. Also the new CPU and GPU are merged into one chip which will keep the system cooler since it is a hybrid.

An example of non-common sense would be that most Xbox 360s owners should know not to keep their Xbox 360 on a carpet right? Well apparently not everybody thinks this way. Same with knowing your Xbox 360 shouldn't be kept in a cabinet with a door closed with no ventilation.

My friend put his Xbox 360 on his carpet and I was shocked by this and immediately told him to put it on a piece of wood with ventilation.

I think the quality of some used games at your local EB Games would show you how much common sense some gamers have. Not everybody is responsible sadly.

Yes, and I am trying to sell a new xbox arcade 130 on kijiji, wish me luck.
I bought it at 130$ for a friend, who never had the friggin money to pay me.
Now getting rid of it -_-

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Yes, and I am trying to sell a new xbox arcade 130 on kijiji, wish me luck.
Now getting rid of it -_-[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you got it new recently, could you just return it?

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Yes, and I am trying to sell a new xbox arcade 130 on kijiji, wish me luck.
Now getting rid of it -_-[/QUOTE]

Is it J-Tagable? You could sell it for a lot more than $130...

[quote name='kn00tcn']& if a pet or child tips over the console, now what? this isnt widely known on ps3, or how about portable cd players?[/QUOTE] refer to video one more time.... console was flat a pet or child would have to flip the console... and either way that's got a pretty good chance to jar something around

Darn, I wanted my friend to be able to get in on it. I bought him one, I'm in the US and he's in Canada... but it seems like it's going to be way too much to ship it to him.

bread's done
Back