NOOO... all my money, gone... can anyone relate??

x0thedeadzone0x

CAGiversary!
Sympathize with me here: You know that awesome Time Crisis 2 deal that came out, 20$ WITH the gun? Well, I was over at my friends birthday party and we all went to the mall. With my urge to spend things and approximately 30$ in my pocket, and after I bought lunch, I bought Time Crisis 2, used. Mind you, WITHOUT any gun. After that my money had completely vanished from my pocket, emptying my pennies to the generous guy that gave me a couple bucks to cover for tax. I figured that I got a pretty good deal, or at least somewhat OK, because add an extra 10$ to the packages with the guns (60$ time crisis 3 with guncon 2) and I've been saving up for SOME kind of Time Crisis game with the gun, I don't know but the idea of an Arcade type game with a real gun pointing and shooting at the screen not only fascinated me, but I needed it. I spent all my money on this see. And I figured that guns would only be about 15$ each alone. Boy was I freaking wrong. After Looking online everywhere for about 2 hours, I came to the conclusion that guns could come at no less then 35$, EACH. I wanted to get two, so me and my friends could play in case they come over, you know, like a true arcade experience. I called up my dad and after him aimlessly running around for about an hour, he finally went to gamestop and bought a used Guncon 2 for 20$. Kinda expensive, but not too bad considering the prices that I had found on the net, and I was excited for it to work. Turned on the tv, and nothing happened, just a blurry flash of colors across the screen. Unplugged the gun, and it looked fine. Tried my other TV, since it says right on it "does not work with some TV's." didn't work with that one as well. My dad slightly miffed went back out to Gamestop to return it, and to my surprise bought home ANOTHER gun, called Mad Catz Blaster (ever heard of it?) It worked suprisingly well. After that frustrating ordeal, I was relieved and happy that, even though somewhat expensive (covering around 60$ with tax) I had finally gotten a real arcade experience. I signed on this this morning, and -OH MY GOD- Time Crisis 2 with the GUncon 2, 20$, free fucking shipping. I was about to kill myself. This is all I had to put into powerful enough words....
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frustratingly enough. :evil:

Bless you for reading all of that.
Anyone else had experiences they had gone through where, after weeks of saving up to buy something, they had just come across recently later they could have gotten it for a much, much smaller price and less distasters to go through had they only waited?

A little game called "Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness", that I was sure would be superb and was so excited about that I even pre-ordered at EB's terrible, new-game price. It was discounted within a few weeks because A) it sucked and B) no one bought it. I don't think I played it for more than a few hours, and of course I've seen it for around $15.99. I never buy full-price anymore and pre-ordering unless there's some bonus loot is out of the question.

Ha that really does kinda suck, but I can't coun the number of times something similar has happened to me. For example, I bought a Gamecube for $150 literally about one day before they announced a price drop to $99. If you don't have a second gun yet you should get the $20 deal then trade in the game towards another cheap light gun game (Vampire Night is somewhat decent). Also, I have the Mad Catz Blaster for the Xbox and I like it....it's a very durable and reliable light gun. Now if they made some more games for the Xbox that I could use it on that'd be nice.

deadz, i just checked out the time crisis 2 deal and i dont think it comes with the guncon afterall. there are two different used versions of time crisis 3. one that says with gun and one that says without gun. there is only one version of time crisis 2 preowned and it does not say with gun. also the prices dont match up. time crisis 2 w/ gun is 60 dollars new, as is time crisis 3 w/ gun. time crisis 3 preowned w/ gun is 50. so you would assume so should time crisis 2 w/ gun. so thats about how much you payed anyway.
anyway the issue is a moot one because its on backorder. so stop hitting yourself.

EDIT: my mistake it does come w/ guncon. but its still on backorder.

why didn't you get it when it was $20?

I got mine during the buy 2 get 1 free on ebgames.com. I got Mario Party 4, House of the Dead 3, and Time Crisis 2 with gun .

[quote name='cruster']A little game called "Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness", that I was sure would be superb and was so excited about that I even pre-ordered at EB's terrible, new-game price. It was discounted within a few weeks because A) it sucked and B) no one bought it. I don't think I played it for more than a few hours, and of course I've seen it for around $15.99. I never buy full-price anymore and pre-ordering unless there's some bonus loot is out of the question.[/quote]

You should join in on the pre-ordering thread, its in Game Industry & Game News section.

LOL, that guy who asked me why I didn't get it for 20$ doesn't understand. See, this thread was posted this morning, when Cheapyd or whoever announced the Time Crisis 2 w/ Guncon deal, 20$ flat. All of my occurences happened all last night. So it literally was a day before, lol.

Eh that ish happens with everything especially electronics. I think Circuit City allows you to return something and get the difference returned if you bring in an ad with the lower price. But you learn to live with it... its called buyer's remorse...

although it still kills me when I see games or movies I bought for full price drastically reduced on this site. Also I was big into trading to EB and am now on TGN... and I get pissed when I see everyone wanting the games I just traded, considering games are like money on that site

[quote name='-Never4ever-']My friend can relate to you with 4 words:
Beyound Good And Evil

he bought it new....
The saturday before it dropped at CC.[/quote]

Did he not take the receipt back and get the price match guarantee?

i can relate to. So im at wal-mart and im buying my ps2. i wanted to buy it at a mall at best buy but my dad wantd to me to buy it at a local store cause thats how he gets paid through taxes, and i bought it at wally world for $300. he let me buy the accessorys and stuff at best buy tho. any ways 4 days later the price droped to 200, if my dad wasnt so woried about the taxes staying local id have at least 2 more killer games so dont tell me about............. well what ever your triying to tel me about.

I can top your story. Mind you, this is something that happened to my close friend Nate and not something that happened to me.

My friend Nate went out and bought a brand new copy of Steel Battalion, paid the full $200 price for it. A week later, someone traded it in to a local EBgames. The preowned price on it was $180 and my friend Nate could have gotten 25% off of it via GMR discount and a coupon for preplayed games. That means had he waited a week he could have gotten Steel Battalion for $135 rather than the $200 he paid for it. Like someone else said, buyers remorse. Like all things in life it's all about the timing.

bread's done
Back