Norton antivirus 2012 or Kaspersky antivirus 2012

anbu-black-ops

CAGiversary!
Norton antivirus 2012 or Kaspersky antivirus 2012?

I'm gonna order one from amazon. I've been using Kaspersky for the longest time now and in those years, I only got one virus problem.

But Lately I've heard that Norton antivirus has been really good.

Anybody can give advice for those who have either of them or both.

I've read reviews on amazon that Norton have this annoying pop up messages. Is that true?

Just the antivirus edition only. Not the internet security.

Thanks in advance.

Kaspersky is currently free after rebate on newegg. I got Norton for free after rebate last December. Newegg or Amazon will do this from time to time. Microsoft Security Essentials is free and really good. Since there is no one virus scanner that is the best.

I still have less than 20 days before my kaspersky expires, so I am thinking which one I should get. I hear good things about Norton lately though, while kaspersky which I am using is bloated.

@mrspicytacoman: is it true that Norton has pop up messages from time to time about buying there other product or something?

whatever you do DO NOT BUY Kaspersky antivirus from best buy its a total rip off

first the plans starts from the day you buy it
2nd they overcharge like 300%

i got it from best buy for 50 i think (maybe 40 or 60)

I got a better one off amazon for 20

Hopefully the contract in the amazon box dont start cause i never returned the amazon one and once the best buy expires i was planning on using the amazon one

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']I still have less than 20 days before my kaspersky expires, so I am thinking which one I should get. I hear good things about Norton lately though, while kaspersky which I am using is bloated.

@mrspicytacoman: is it true that Norton has pop up messages from time to time about buying there other product or something?[/QUOTE]
Not for me. I guess it might depend on what version your using, but I've used norton my entire adult life and never had anything like that.

I use the norton security suite that comes with comcast.

ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall uses the Kaspersky AV engine. And like it says... it's free. Just disable the firewall part if you don't need/use it.

[quote name='hotstud19us']Microsoft Security Essentials is free and really good. Since there is no one virus scanner that is the best.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pacifickarma']This.[/QUOTE]

I currently use MSE since I don't like paying for a subscription. My university started recommending everyone to use it as their AV, but I wonder if it's because they thought it was more effective or because they didn't want to pay for a license for all of the campus community...

bread's done
Back