Nostalgia 9.99 at walmart.com

Moonlk

CAGiversary!
I'm a bit skiddish when it comes to deals here cause I know how people get treated when the deal is already known, but here goes.

Nostalgia is 9.99 at walmart.com . Cheapest I've seen anywhere else. So if you were on the edge on wanting this, I'd say go for it. Free shipping with site to store as always.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nostalgia-DS-Nintendo-DS/13072307?sourceid=1500000000000003142040&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13072307

[quote name='Moonlk']I'm a bit skiddish when it comes to deals here cause I know how people get treated when the deal is already known, but here goes.[/QUOTE]

That's nothing compared to how people get treated when they misspell "skittish."

Just kidding, good find, in for one, thanks OP!

[quote name='default_shepard']That's nothing compared to how people get treated when they misspell "skittish."

Just kidding, good find, in for one, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Maybe he shat his pants and left skid marks because he was so nervous.

[quote name='Cornkrise']Always wanted to try this out, and its so cheap, but I have an R4 card. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh man, you are so cool.

[quote name='Cornkrise']Always wanted to try this out, and its so cheap, but I have an R4 card. :D[/QUOTE]

Bragging about being a pirate on a pro-consumer anti-pirate forum! You deserve a smack and a kick for that slip!

:applause::applause::applause:[quote name='bubo']Bragging about being a pirate on a pro-consumer anti-pirate forum! You deserve a smack and a kick for that slip![/QUOTE]

Bro, just so you know, pirates like you lead to ruined platforms (Saturn, Dreamcast, PC), restrictive DRM, poorer quality games, and crippled used games. But at least you can play free games for now, so who cares about anyone else?

[quote name='bubo']Bragging about being a pirate on a pro-consumer anti-pirate forum! You deserve a smack and a kick for that slip![/QUOTE]

He should be banned instead. :shame:

I dont even know what an "R4" card is and dont care.
If it leads to piracy thats 100% t3rd.

How about support the devs so they can support u with future games to play

[quote name='Moonlk']I'm a bit skiddish when it comes to deals here cause I know how people get treated when the deal is already known, but here goes.

Nostalgia is 9.99 at walmart.com . Cheapest I've seen anywhere else. So if you were on the edge on wanting this, I'd say go for it. Free shipping with site to store as always.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nostalgia...0000003142040&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13072307[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the deal. I'm looking into the game but not entirely sure if to buy it or not. I still have unwrapped Final Fantasy III, IV, and Dragon Quest IX. Anyone here can vouch for it's appeal?

[quote name='xRemnant']Thanks for posting the deal. I'm looking into the game but not entirely sure if to buy it or not. I still have unwrapped Final Fantasy III, IV, and Dragon Quest IX. Anyone here can vouch for it's appeal?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty bad, nowhere near as good as any of those three games or many other DS rpgs. It's hyper-generic and the characters you play as are children, so no appeal to be had from the plot. I might have liked it when I was 10 but it's not a game for adults.

Thanks for the replies, I decided not to buy it a few minutes ago after much consideration of time investment over enjoyment. Price not an issue, as it is cheap.

I can't recommend Nostalgia enough for fans of traditional RPGs. The storyline, quests, and characters are great. The environments you explore are terrific, and the graphics are among the best for the DS. I found the aerial battles to have a mean difficulty curve, but beyond that, the game was a delight. The game is pretty lengthy too. While I don't remember precisely how long it took, I know I was over 25 hours, and I did all but the last handful of quests.

[quote name='nwaugh']Bro, just so you know, pirates like you lead to ruined platforms (Saturn, Dreamcast, PC), restrictive DRM, poorer quality games, and crippled used games. But at least you can play free games for now, so who cares about anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Crippled used games isn't the fault of pirates. Its simply developers wanting to be greedy and destroy the perfectly legal used game market. Sometimes they say they are going after pirates, but their true intention is pretty obvious. Also DRM doesn't stop piracy and only harms legitimate buyers, so I never understood it.

[quote name='nwaugh']Bro, just so you know, pirates like you lead to ruined platforms (Saturn, Dreamcast, PC), restrictive DRM, poorer quality games, and crippled used games. But at least you can play free games for now, so who cares about anyone else?[/QUOTE]

To be fair, pirates wasn't the reason Dreamcast and Saturn died. PC is not and have never been dead. Dreamcast died because of the PS2, simple as that. Pirates can ruin desire to develop game for a system, best example being PSP.

That being said, I don't think pirates affect the sales of games as much as people think they do. Simply put, pirates are either poor or extremely cheap. Most of the games they pirate they would not buy otherwise. I find it funny when a PUBLISHER claim that the game was pirated # of time that would of been sale. EHHH no, would not have been sale; Maybe like 5% of the total pirated would of been sale, the rest would of not consider playing it and a percentage actually goes and buy the game if they liked it enough, and another percentage already owns it but is consider a pirate because there is no way of telling that they just wanted a back up copy.

That being said I do not approve of pirates. I actually don't approve of bootleg movies either. Downloading a game or movie you already own is fine with me, everything else is a big no. For the sake of clarification if you own FFI on nes don't mean you have the right to download the psp, gba, playstation, etc. version as well.

Also used games has nothing to do with pirating, why you bringing it up? Should drop your entirely pointless argument about used games.

I bought a copy since I doubt I'll find a better price than this. Also, I got the guide for a penny and for some reason having the guide makes me more likely to actually play the game. Thanks OP.

Nostalgia is a very enjoyable, underrated game. The gameplay is nothing we haven't seen before, but it's executed well and the rarely-used real-world setting gives it a unique flavor.

When you get to the screen that says in a pretty large font "Shipping Options" you click standard shipping.

It default to store shipping since that's the cheapest option.

Hm. I just get "add to cart", and after I click that, there's checkout or PayPal. Would like to use PayPal, but I don't see how to change the shipping. Maybe I'm just too tired and missing it. Feel like a crazy man.

thank you so much for this! i was looking forward to this game after hearing that it reminded many of skies of arcadia. i was going to pick it up on amazon, but this looks like the better deal

My order defaulted to Ship to Home, weird. I changed it to Ship to Store since it was cheaper and only a couple miles from here. Maybe it goes by whatever you used last.

Almost bit on this deal until I read the reviews. I'd rather spend my limited time on an engrossing RPG that oozes personality/charm. $10 is a good price for those who collect and/or have tons of free time, though.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Hm. I just get "add to cart", and after I click that, there's checkout or PayPal. Would like to use PayPal, but I don't see how to change the shipping. Maybe I'm just too tired and missing it. Feel like a crazy man.[/QUOTE]

I've had that issue with Walmart.com too. Trust me, it's not a problem on your side.

It's a good filler RPG if you've got nothing to play and are looking for something other than Dragon Quest for RPGs on your DS. I'd say it's kinda like a poor man's version of Skies of Arcadia with the ship battles.

Worthwile if you ask me.

Nostalgia is an excellent DS game!

Got it this past weekend at Kmart for $15, for $10 it's an absolute steal!

Good graphics, excellent gameplay, Great for someone that just wants a really enjoyable RPG, without all of the bells & whistles of some of the newer much more involved DS RPG's!

Just a really enjoyable RPG, much like "Skies of Arcadia" was for the Dreamcast/Gamecube!

If you are looking for a very easy to like RPG for the DS..., buy this game, before it is much more difficult to find at this price!!!

2 THUMBS WAY UP for this game!

[quote name='schnuth']Thanks OP! I placed an order for this and Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume which I also noticed is only $10.

Cheap DS RPGs rule.[/QUOTE]

I went with Valkyrie Profile instead of this game, but the OP essentially gave me that deal as well.

I guess I should be thankful.

falco.png

falco.png

Amazon has now matched this. Guess my reporting it twice in the past few days did a little good. It's up for $9.96 right now.

bread's done
Back