Nostalgia (DS) $9.96 on Amazon

Radiant Historia, Legacy of Ys, Luminous Arc, the DQ and FF remakes, all good. I especially like the Etrian Odyssey series, which has you draw your own dungeon maps on the touch screen.

Nostalgia is an absolute steal at under $10.

$10 for a good DS RPG. My backlog says no but it's $10. I might as well buy this considering I am going to be buying stuff off Amazon later tonight anyway.

[quote name='morrodox']Radiant Historia, Legacy of Ys, Luminous Arc, the DQ and FF remakes, all good. I especially like the Etrian Odyssey series, which has you draw your own dungeon maps on the touch screen.

Nostalgia is an absolute steal at under $10.[/QUOTE]

haha, im waiting for Raidiant historia and the new Legacy's to be cheaper.. on the point of Nostalgia, Great game totally worth 10$

Ya I think I am going to grab this as well and ff iv and chrono trigger. I wanna say both are around 15. Those 3 should last me to a decent radiant price drop.

The real question is should I use my amazon credit for a 3ds or keep trucking with my trusty lite.

[quote name='Very Unclever']I've heard this game is pretty decent, but I've seen some flat-out terrible reviews.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that pretty much the same for every game? I haven't seen a game yet without having some people praise it and some people claim it is the worst game ever made. That is why I usually avoid scores altogether and just read descriptions, look at pros/cons, and watch gameplay videos.

What I suggest is finding a review site you agree with and go by them. I have found I usually agree with the ideas and opinions of most of ign's reviews. With the exception of a few games I have never been let down by them.

Bought it last night. $10 is a great buy for this game. This will be added to my Portable game shelf which currently has 6 unplayed RPG's on it. What have I got myself into, lol.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']My backlog says no but it's $10.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I already have more DS RPGs in my backlog (and probably better ones than this, at that) than I'll ever likely get around to playing. But still, $10. I think I'll debate this one with myself for a little while, during which it will probably sell out. ;)

I played through this game, its a solid if somewhat easy RPG which I enjoyed for about 35 hours with all the extra content. Definately something you should get for $10.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']What I suggest is finding a review site you agree with and go by them. I have found I usually agree with the ideas and opinions of most of ign's reviews. With the exception of a few games I have never been let down by them.[/QUOTE]

I have the problem of millions think dancing with the stars is great tv, millions think the great gatsby is a good book, millions think britney spears is a good singer, millions say mcdonalds has good food, millions think transformers is a great movie, and so on. But if I completely disagree with that many people why would I would agree with just a few people who are being paid to review a product by the same people who made the product being reviewed (through advertisements and such)?

I will read what the game is about, maybe look at some screen shots or maybe Ill glance at some overall reactions from other gamers and make up my own mind. But Ive never bought a product based purely on another persons review of it. If it looks interesting to me Ill try and dont care what others think of it.

bread's done
Back