not a cheap deal but Star Wars Battlefront ready for store pick up at Best Buy

Please post if this actually works. Isn't the game supposed to come out on tuesday with the DVD box set? Either way if this works for you I am all over it.

My local Wal-Mart had it out in their locked cases.. not sure if they were actually selling it yet though. OF course the same Wal-Mart still had signs everywhere trying to get people to pre-order Fable... so they're apparently really up on release dates.

I was really looking forward to getting this on the PC. IGNs review is somewhat disappointing, though. I wish they'd make the demo available so I could check it out.

I'd call to check though prolly a YMMV. They only have the Xbox version and the guy said they got them in yesterday.

Release date is this coming tuesday.

If you've preordered from GameRush you can always play this copy for a week save receipt and return your GR copy. :)

Pics will follow.

That's pretty cool. I don't think anyone needs to buy this one and return another pre-ordered copy though. A few more days isn't that big of a deal.

Well, I'm not interested in this game but a few of my friends are I will pass it on to them, thanks.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']better the sale, than your mother's hymen[/quote]

Isnt that like a oxymoron or something.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']is there anyone online yet. Just wondering if the servors are up yet.[/quote]

there is only 2 servers hosting 24 people at a time and a couple hosting less numbers. You'll always have full rooms though because the game uses bots to fill the empty slots so the teams are always even. I made a game with 24 slots and played against bots for a while till i got bored and went to the main servers with real people.

Gameplay is fun and very fast paced, honestly i dont see how the ps2 version will stand up graphically versus the xbox version online.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='$hady']Xbox review

Only played the online: It's fun, it'd be better if it wasn't gayass Star Wars.[/quote]

So if you like gayass Starwars is it more fun?[/quote]

Yea, cause i dont know who any of these people are, i dont know the vehicles places etc..... Picture an alien playing a army game.

I like using Chewbacca and just howling rar row rar like he growls and i kill stuff. And you can drive a shitload of vechiles.

Also you cant tell who's on your team till your close enough to target them (or use the radar) since you can have like 5 different characters per team per map.

So, this doesn't cost any extra money to play online except for the XBL subscription fee on Xbox, right?
I thought a game was coming out soon that costed extra to play, but I just wanted to check for this game.
It's basically just a game where each team has a certain number of players and tries to kill them all on multiplayer, I'm guessing.
Also, how's the single player?

[quote name='sj41']So, this doesn't cost any extra money except for the XBL subscription fee on Xbox, right?
I thought a game was coming out soon that costed extra to play, but I just wanted to check for this game.
It's basically just a game where each team has a certain number of players and tries to kill them all on multiplayer, I'm guessing.
Also, how's the single player?[/quote]

Yes it's free to play.

Yes it's your normal multiplayer killfest, with vechiles.

Never touched single player.

Better that SOCOM 2? HELL NO

Olympia, WA Best Buy was *this* close to breaking the street date for me, until they told me to wait 15min and returned saying they couldn't sell it. Damn. See you bastards online Tuesday I guess.

[quote name='Daz9402']Just picked it up at Best Buy in MN...[/quote]

Post reciept please. It's not out yet or is it? LoL

[quote name='$hady'][quote name='sj41']So, this doesn't cost any extra money except for the XBL subscription fee on Xbox, right?
Also, how's the single player?[/quote]

Yes it's free to play.

Yes it's your normal multiplayer killfest, with vechiles.

Never touched single player.

Better that SOCOM 2? HELL NO[/quote]Thanks for the insight. I read the review from EGM (it got scores of 8,8,and 9) and it seems like a pretty good game for Xbox atleast.

I'm going to see if I can preorder it at GameRush for $30. I'm not really in any rush to get this game, so I'll wait until they get this in.

Also, GameRush (mine atleast) puts 2 barcode stickers on the back of new games that you can buy from them. I'm not sure how easy you can get them off. BB might not take the game if the stickers are on it, so be carefull. :)

[quote name='$hady']Xbox review

Only played the online: It's fun, it'd be better if it wasn't gayass Star Wars.[/quote]

Why would you get it if you don't even like Star Wars?

someone PLEASE scan their receipt. I also went to the Olympia, Wa BB and they turned me down, even after I called ahead and I was told I could pick up a copy.

[quote name='thirteenyahs']someone PLEASE scan their receipt. I also went to the Olympia, Wa BB and they turned me down, even after I called ahead and I was told I could pick up a copy.[/quote]Someone already has. Look at a link on the first page. I'm pretty sure it's a receipt. If you're trying to take a scanned receipt to BB, will they be forced to sell you a copy? I don't know the rules for this. :?

[quote name='thirteenyahs']someone PLEASE scan their receipt. I also went to the Olympia, Wa BB and they turned me down, even after I called ahead and I was told I could pick up a copy.[/quote]

The release date is actually the 21st, so I don't think there is much you could do.

[quote name='thirteenyahs']someone PLEASE scan their receipt. I also went to the Olympia, Wa BB and they turned me down, even after I called ahead and I was told I could pick up a copy.[/quote]

The manager at the Oly Best Buy IS NOT gonna let those SOB's go. I ordered it online for instore pickup, called Best Buy customer service, and they assured me that I would be able to pick it up tonight. Went back, spoke the manager, and she won't even consider letting them go until Tues., despite what Best Buy customer service told me. Damn...

[quote name='soulyogurt']Let's hear a review... is it as disappointing as some are saying the demo in OPM was?[/quote]

I played the demo and I'd have to say NO. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's the best Star Wars game to have ever came out.

All combat is done from the 3rd person, though there is a viewpoint that's over-the-sholder, which is kinda like 1rst person.

The game type for the demo was a combinatuion of deathmatch and capture-the-points (as in specific places, not score :roll: ). There is a total number of lives per side. In the demo I believe it was alotted to 70 respawns (or lives, if you will) per side. the game was played untill everyone's dead or all respawn points were "captured", which is as simple as mearly standing at one point for a period of time.

Another thing to make mentions of was the class system. After choosing whether to be the rebels or the empire you had your pick of what soilder you want to be. Each one having its own unique weapon, ability, look and attributes. Personally I favored the "Dark Troopers", they were heavly armed and could leap to great distances with their jet packs, however they were slower on foot and the rate of fire of their shotgun-like weapon was slow. The system is very similar to Return to Castle Wolfenstien: TOW.

Controls are very similar to Max Payne, or any other 3rd person shooter, for that matter. The vechiles in the demo, speeder bike and that 2 legged walker (sorry, not too much of a Star Wars fan), controled just like controling your character, so the transition to vechile isn't as "wonky" as, say, Halo.

All in all, I enjoyed the demo, it's fun and furious. those craving something to tide them over till Halo 2 or the next big game would do well to at least rent it.

Hope that helped :)

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='soulyogurt']Let's hear a review... is it as disappointing as some are saying the demo in OPM was?[/quote]

I played it and I'd have to say NO. The best Star Wars game to have ever came out.[/quote]So, you've played the actual game and think that most of the elements in the game are very good? This game seems good and I'm hoping it will be as good as everyone is saying it is.

[quote name='master baiter'][quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='soulyogurt']Let's hear a review... is it as disappointing as some are saying the demo in OPM was?[/quote]

I played it and I'd have to say NO. The best Star Wars game to have ever came out.[/quote]So, you've played the actual game and think that most of the elements in the game are very good? This game seems good and I'm hoping it will be as good as everyone is saying it is.[/quote]

Well I eloborated a bit more. I plan on renting it, the day BB gets it in. I would drop the $50 on it (or at less ;)), but it was this or MK:D, and well, no offense, but no other game out now, or coming out can match MK:D, IMO.

[quote name='bmulligan']Where are the freaking thread police when you need them.

This is the WRONG forum for this.........bump for the mod !!!!![/quote]

how is this in the wrong forum?? yes it may have gotten off topic, but it's still in the right place regardless.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='bmulligan']Where are the freaking thread police when you need them.

how is this in the wrong forum?? yes it may have gotten off topic, but it's still in the right place regardless.[/quote]

This is not a game deal. It belongs in discussions and bragging rights.

[quote name='bmulligan'][quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='bmulligan']Where are the freaking thread police when you need them.

how is this in the wrong forum?? yes it may have gotten off topic, but it's still in the right place regardless.[/quote]

This is not a game deal. It belongs in discussions and bragging rights.[/quote]It's better than free overnight shipping, so it could be a deal. :wink: You really went crazy to make sure that the forum was changed. It's not exactly a deal, though, so I guess I am forced to agee. :(

bread's done
Back