not a deal but info. Best Buy will have 10 80GB MGS4 Bundles for launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxdie

CAG Veteran
Every Best Buy is getting 10 80BG bundles for it's launch Thursday. The Stores that are doing a Midnight launch are getting 26 units AND were told they must hold 10 of the 26 units for the regular AM opening. So they will release 16 at midnight and hold 10 additional units for the stores regular morning opening.

no word on the possible price match for next week June 8-14th yet.

But there is a memo out saying do not let customers return a PS3 without a receipt, referencing scammers trying to use the gift card on a second ps3 and repeating over again...

Man, I'll be sure to head there early then on Thursday morning. Any word on if they are matching Wal-Mart that week regarding the $100 gift card?

The memo I was shown also said, the bundle and the individual game will be dropped shipped to the stores on June 10th.

[quote name='foxxdie']The memo I was shown also said, the bundle and the individual game will be dropped shipped to the stores on June 10th.[/quote]

That's good to hear. I'm gonna rush to Walmart when they open, try to get the system there so I can get the gift card. If that doesnt work out, I'll be at Best Buy when they open and just buy it there. I really hope we get some confirmation on whether they'll price match the GC deal before then though.

Is there anywhere to see which stores are having midnight releases?

And Knives05, I'd say that the topic post referencing the gift card in the memo is pretty much confirmation that they will price match.

[quote name='johny24']will they pricematch walmart??[/QUOTE]
I can't imagine why. It doesn't seem like they'll have any problems unloading them.

[quote name='foxxdie']Every Best Buy is getting 10 80BG bundles for it's launch Thursday. The Stores that are doing a Midnight launch are getting 26 units AND were told they must hold 10 of the 26 units for the regular AM opening. So they will release 16 at midnight and hold 10 additional units for the stores regular morning opening.

no word on the possible price match for next week June 8-14th yet.

But there is a memo out saying do not let customers return a PS3 without a receipt, referencing scammers trying to use the gift card on a second ps3 and repeating over again...[/quote]
Source: 2ch

Yeah the memo that states 10 must be regional. I work at Best Buy in Michigan and the number of units is speradic with no memo to us. Also regarding the Gift Card PM at Walmart it really depends on the department manager becuase Best Buy knows that Walmart will sell out of the systems (80GB MGS4 Bundle) so they may PM first thing in the morning but later in the afternoon it would be a def. no. PM policy states that the other store must have them IN STOCK if they are sold out then no PM.

[quote name='foxxdie']Every Best Buy is getting 10 80BG bundles for it's launch Thursday. The Stores that are doing a Midnight launch are getting 26 units AND were told they must hold 10 of the 26 units for the regular AM opening. So they will release 16 at midnight and hold 10 additional units for the stores regular morning opening..[/QUOTE]

Those were minimum numbers for the midnight launch. Plenty of stores are getting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back