Not a Deal: PS3 80GB MGS 4 Bundle available for pre-order at Circuitcity.com

[quote name='hhhdx4']The buying process here is about 2 steps too long[/quote]

I agree,

I just bit since I got a CC 2 miles away where I can return the remote and I had a $50 gift card to cover tax.

Complicated but this guy on SD did the following to just buy the PS3:

I just ordered the system without the remote by doing the following:
- Add both to cart
- Change the quantity of the PS3 to 2.
- Remove the remote. This will automatically change your PS3 down to 1.
- Continue with the ordering.

I got the order confirmation with only the PS3 showing. YMMV since they might catch this before the actual launch date. In either case you have nothing to lose by trying. You can always return the unopened PS3 if you find it for less elsewhere.

its confirmed that changing the quantity to two then removing the remote changes it so that you only have to preorder the MGS4 bundle. WOW, was this cheap of them.

[quote name='Kendal']Weak. It isn't instock to pick up today. It is a pre-order. Thread title is misleading.[/QUOTE]

I think it is pretty well known that it isn't released until the 12th.

[quote name='JoMasta']I think it is pretty well known that it isn't released until the 12th.[/quote]

OMG NO WAI! Anyway, Circuit City in the past has had things on the website before their release date. I got Guitar Hero II for the 360 Days early. Thus why it isn't in stock, but just a pre-order and misleading. If it was in-stock I could order it today. Not pre-order.

Has anyone here ever pre-ordered thru CC? I have my bundle pre-orderd thru them and was just wondering when they ship out? Do they ship Wed night? I have had mine ordered for close to a month, back before they took the pre-order off. I am still hoping I can catch 1 at WM and get the GC, if so, I will be returning CC's to them, if not, I still have 1.

Something worth noting, if you do find one at Walmart or through Amazon, you can cancel your order, or just return it at any Circuit City.

Thats the plan as of now. But I would like the GC, that is a game or 2, or possibly 3-5 movies. Either way it is $100.

[quote name='jjhearn']Has anyone here ever pre-ordered thru CC? I have my bundle pre-orderd thru them and was just wondering when they ship out? Do they ship Wed night? I have had mine ordered for close to a month, back before they took the pre-order off. I am still hoping I can catch 1 at WM and get the GC, if so, I will be returning CC's to them, if not, I still have 1.[/quote]

i preordered the 80 gb mgs bundle through them like 2 week ago. i tried caling cc to see when theyed actually charge my card and what day they ship the consoles but the chick i talked to wasnt very helpful. i just want to know if each preorder is gauranteed a system.

I need this game so now.

I just pre-ordered mine from them yesterday. Does anyone know how reliable CC is with pre-orders? The fact that it had been up for at least a day or two and not sold out kind of worries me that maybe I won't get a first shipment. I also took advantage of that glitch to order it without the remote, but that wouldn't mess anything up, would it?

Not only that, but I never got a confirmation e-mail showing that I pre-ordered it. It shows it under my Order History if I log into the site though. Finally, if it comes out Thurs, is there a chance CC will ship it out earlier so it arrives by that day (or within a day of it)?

Sorry, but I've never pre-ordered anything with them before.

A friend of mine ordered from here and he's also worried his won't ship with the first batch. So if any of you get a shipping notification, can you post here?

is there anyone here who either works for cc or knows someone who does that can say when these bundles will ship to those who preordered online?

i called the store and they said they dont think they're gonna have them in store on thursday. i dont get this. do these employees just not know, or is CC the only store not getting these thursday?

called cc today and from what i was told if you preordered you are gauranteed a bundle. you wont be charged till the day of release which means you probably wont receive the system till some time after thursday(which will vary depending on your shipping options).

My order is shown as being shipped and I was given a tracking number. It doesn't work on the Fedex site yet though.

Trying to decide if I should still give walmart a shot for the gift card..

Mine shipped as well, scheduled to be here tomorrow. That was worth not waiting in line at Wal-Mart or Best Buy, although I would have loved that $100 GC.

Ordered on 6/9 received shipping notice & tracking # for PS3 today. FedEx says I should receive the bundle tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

My remote shipped yesterday and should be waiting on my doorstep when I get home.

bread's done
Back