(Not Quite Dead Yet) Shadow of the Colossus $29.99 (pre-order) @ Amazon/toysrus.com

Starky27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0009I6S0O/103-3067447-1846207

*8/23 Update: If you notice, Amazon has this now back in stock but at the price of $39.99 (through Target). If you happen to still know your old order #, call Amazon and ask if you can get this price reinstated for a new order as it was cancelled due to 'item shortages'. But you will need an old order to show the original $30 price. Also, if you add the game to your cart it shows the Free Saver Shipping, so be persuasive about that too... ;)

-----

Don't know if this is the real selling price or what, but GameStop, EBGames & Walmart list it for $39 and $49. After shipping and tax it's about $36, but that's still a good price for a game that looks like this...

EDIT: Looks like Amazon pulled the plug on this and cancelled all the orders:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following
item from your order:

"PS2 Shadow of the Colossus"

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've
since found that it is not available from any of our sources at this
time. We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize
for the inconvenience we have caused you.

We have cancelled this item from your order.

Your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED for this item because you only
pay for items when we ship them to you.

Your order is now closed.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address
that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this
message.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com, and we hope to see you again.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']if only i knew when they charge your credit card[/QUOTE]
They've always charged when they shipped the times I've used them.

Well this kind of makes me sad I used two games at GR to preorder it but oh well. At this price, if it is across the board when it's released, hopefully it will do some good numbers so we keep getting games from these great people.

[quote name='Zennousha']They've always charged when they shipped the times I've used them.

Well this kind of makes me sad I used two games at GR to preorder it but oh well. At this price, if it is across the board when it's released, hopefully it will do some good numbers so we keep getting games from these great people.[/QUOTE]

Take a trip back to your local GR ask to switch ur pre-order to another game :)

Shadow of the Colossus sounds better to the average person.

I think one of the main reasons Ico didn't sell well, besides the stupid box art, was because of it's strange name. Hell, I almost snubbed it because of it's title. I only got interested after all the rave reviews it got.

Sure it may be a marketing decision, but they could have mangled the title far worse than that.

I hated the name change too but around E3 one of the producers said that the reason for the name change was that it was a bad translation in the first place. It was supposed to be something like Wandering of the Colossus in Japan but got taken as "Wanda and the Colossus" for some reason when Sony first let out info.

[quote name='Zennousha']They've always charged when they shipped the times I've used them.

Well this kind of makes me sad I used two games at GR to preorder it but oh well. At this price, if it is across the board when it's released, hopefully it will do some good numbers so we keep getting games from these great people.[/QUOTE]

That's true of most all online stores, they can only charge once the item has shipped.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this game as well.

[quote name='suko_32']Wouldn't the retail be $39.99? Because sony publishes it or something like that. Of course, none of us know yet.[/QUOTE]

Well, many Sony games retailed for $49.99. But I think you're talking about Jak and Daxter, Sly, Ratchet and Clank, and ATV Offroad Fury. Those games all started at $40.

When SOCOM came out for PS2 amazon had it for a $40 pre-order and the game's MSRP was $60 (it came with a headset) They honored the $40 price for those who got in on it.

I'll probably front page this today or tomorrow.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']Yeah, I'm looking forward to this game as well.

Well, many Sony games retailed for $49.99. But I think you're talking about Jak and Daxter, Sly, Ratchet and Clank, and ATV Offroad Fury. Those games all started at $40.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good point.

Thanks for putting this on the front page, Cheapy. Somehow I had missed this thread until just now. I'm a little disappointed that they don't have this qualifying for free shipping, though. I put it in the shopping cart, but maybe I'll wait on actually placing the order just to see if Outpost or some other seller can beat this deal. Thanks OP!

Since this is a first party(one of Sony own) game it should retail for $39.99 and not a 3rd party game (capcom,konami,namco etc.) which usually is $50.

The thing about this game that intrigues me so much is that it loks like it has the scale and adventure elements of Zelda, and the platforming elements of PoP: Sands of Time (which is probably the best platforming game out there, IMO). If they can make it work, it will be fantastic.

[quote name='tayaf69']ICO was the most underrated game on the PS2[/QUOTE]

Wrong. It was HIGHLY rated...it just sold like crap.

And if it's a ratio of goodness to poor sales, I think Beyond Good and Evil got the worst of it on PS2.

SECOND, God of War was Sony first-party and retailed for $50. All of Nintendo's first part stuff retails for $50. I guess they can choose to price however.

*ahem*

Anyways, thanks for the deal OP. Saved me $20 (hopefully).

I have been anxiously waiting for this game for years ever since I completed Ico. Ico was so incredible...this looks even better. Prince of Persia only whet my appetite for so long. Thanks for the deal!

The only deal I'm aware of that will cheapen this is the A9.com discount. If you login to Amazon, then log in at a9.com and do a search every day or so while you're logged in, you get pi/2% (that's 1.57%) off every Amazon order you place after a few days. Just remember to keep it active by searching every day while logged in.

Yeah, if the shipping weren't so bad i'd be all over this, but i'm having doubts right now. Anyone think there will be a better deal come release? This is one of those few games that I don't want to wait for a pricedrop for.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Anyone know any deals on shipping at Amazon to help this one out?[/QUOTE]

Even though it's being sold on Amazon.com, the seller is Toys R Us (surprisingly), so I don't think there would be a shipping deal since it's a 3rd party seller and not Amazon itself. I'm hoping Amazon will too put it up at $30, so then I can use Free Super Saver Shipping and get it for $30 straight, but right now, the shipping and tax of Toys R Us is making me a hesitant.

The game looks awesome though and if I can pick it up for $30 that'd be great. I still need to play ICO too.

Cancelling orders with Amazon is really easy, so I placed my order to secure the cheap price. I can always cancel it later if I find a better deal.

Games are games, people, they're not art. Games are meant to be played, not observed. As far as games go, Ico is terrible and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. If Shadow is "as good as" or "plays like" Ico, I wouldn't pick it up off the street. I wouldn't give $5 for it. I wouldn't trade a PSX copy of V.I.P. for it...

[quote name='ragtop70']Games are games, people, they're not art. Games are meant to be played, not observed. As far as games go, Ico is terrible and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. If Shadow is "as good as" or "plays like" Ico, I wouldn't pick it up off the street. I wouldn't give $5 for it. I wouldn't trade a PSX copy of V.I.P. for it...[/QUOTE]

:shock:

Is that your way of admitting you own a PSX copy of V.I.P.?

bread's done
Back