Not sure how many of you recall the story about the chimp attack

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Happened a while ago , earlier part of the year i believe, she was going to visit a friend and the thing went crazy and brutalized her. Was looking around the nets and came across a video of her on oprah after the attack. If youre the squeamish type dont look. Not sure what happened to the owner of the chimp but if hes not serving jail time i dont know what to say.

Heres a pic of what she looked like before.

charla-nash.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rb-H8iBCr4

http://www.totallycrap.com/videos/videos_victim_of_chimp_attack_shows_face_for_the_first_time/

If you have friends with primates as pets, get new friends. I mean, not only are monkeys and the like staggeringly strong, they're smart enough to know how to inflict the maximum amount of pain on their opponents. There was another case several years ago of a guy that got mauled by chimps and in addition to losing his nose, ears, fingers and lips, they ripped his junk off. I'd rather fight a bear.

[quote name='Halo05']If you have friends with primates as pets, get new friends. I mean, not only are monkeys and the like staggeringly strong, they're smart enough to know how to inflict the maximum amount of pain on their opponents. There was another case several years ago of a guy that got mauled by chimps and in addition to losing his nose, ears, fingers and lips, they ripped his junk off. I'd rather fight a bear.[/QUOTE]

The people who insist that these animals are completely harmless always end up getting hurt. Like that bear guy who got killed by a bear.

If you want a pet, get a dog.

I'm terrified of chimps because of these stories. Apparently in the wild when they get into fights they go right for the junk, emasculating your opponent=victory. Screw you Mr.Bubbles!

yeah i was surprised when i first heard about how violent they get since i had heard years ago that baboons were the violent primates to be feared. the guy you mentioned before i think he and his wife both had worked with chimps for years and all of the sudden they went apeshit. they had a special on one of those animal channels about village in africa that was terrorized by some whod escaped from an animal reserve. learning that kind of stuff makes me look at show like lancelot link in a diff light.

DO NOT LOOK AT PICTURES OF HER NOW !!!!

You will not bew able to unseen what you have seen.

But the moral of the story is 200 pound chimps do not good pets make.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Chimpanzees in the wild will cannibalize another troop when they battle. They are our closest living relatives.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say you were incorrect because of bonobos, but supposedly there isn't definitive proof.

Of course, a bonobo probably would have fucked the woman instead of mutilating her.

[quote name='Purple Flames']In the video she said she believed she'd get her eyesight back but...I don't see her eyes. Just what look remotely like the sockets.[/QUOTE]

Yea, she believed she would. Later on in the interview I saw, she explains she never asks how bad her injuries are. The eye doctor tells her she won't ever see, since her eyes had to be removed... Terrible story, but I can't believe she is suing the chimp owner. Yes, she got attacked, but she went there knowing that chimp had escaped and tried to help get it back in the cage. Leave (wild) animals to professionals, or better yet, in the wild.

[quote name='lokizz']the guy you mentioned before i think he and his wife both had worked with chimps for years and all of the sudden they went apeshit. [/QUOTE]

Yup, that's what it was. I want to say it was an episode on some short-lived Animal Planet series about animals fucking up people.

I haven't watched the video in this thread mostly because I saw what the mauled man looked like. He looked like skin stretched over a skull. It was immediately apparent that everything that stuck off his head had been grabbed and ripped off.

*shudder*

[quote name='lokizz']for those of you like me who had never heard of a bonobo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonobo

be glad youre human guys or else youd have to penis fence lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was really hoping to catch some of that casual sex on camera when I was at the Cincinnati zoo.

I remember watching a documentary about them. It is hilarious. If they make eye contact, it is almost a guarantee of 10 seconds of humping.

The cool thing is that they're laid back and any aggression leads to ... ... makeup humping.

[quote name='shieryda']
And Oprah's getting LARGER![/QUOTE]

I'm reminded of that Man Show episode where Jimmy Kimmell is dressed up like Oprah and shits out those Hostess cupcakes. There are actually people calling her out for always having guests on her show peddling the diets she is on but she isn't losing any weight. That sometimes she recommends batshit crazy stuff and most of her viewers blindly subscribe to it.

bread's done
Back