Nothing will boot up?

okwordyoda

CAGiversary!
I fired up my Wii for the first time since finishing Super Mario Galaxy a few weeks back, and for whatever reason nothing works.

I went to the shop with no problem. I downloaded Check Mii Out, SMB 2 and 3, and Sin and Punishment.

Once I launch them, my controller just shuts off, and I'm left with a black screen. I tried some of the previous VC games I bought, and they do the exact same thing.

This happened once before a couple months ago, but it sort of "fixed" itself. Any idea what the deal is?

Mine does sort of the same thing every once in awhile. Although, after a few minutes of black screen and controller being off, it normally will finally load and be fine.

It seems like whenever I've left it off for a while it takes a long time to boot, probably having to do with wii connect 24 or something. How long did you wait?

Try re-syncing your remote, and making sure you have plenty of battery power in the thing too. I've had couple of blips where the remote lost it's connection in the middle of loading a VC title, or one of the other channels, and simply pressing 1 and 2 at the same time to reactivate the remote brought it all back to life.

bread's done
Back