nothingbutsoftware.com weekend specials Otomedius Excellent 360 $4, ZoE HD PS3 $12 free ship

happydogs

CAGiversary!
http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/Product/196126-Otomedius-Excellent-for-Xbox-360 Otomedius

http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/Product/276692-Zone-of-the-Enders-HD-Collection-Playstation-3 Zone of the Enders HD

Yeah, i know Otomedius has been cheap forever, but i finally bit on this one.  Pretty nice price for ZoE, too, i'd say.  They also have Karaoke Revolution: Glee 3 on 360 for $2:

http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/Product/194855-Karaoke-Revolution-Glee-3-Xbox-360

That's all they've got listed for games in this sale, but here's the full link, if anyone is interested:

http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/Prms/11046?ai=7273

(that is a pretty sweet looking percolator.)

(LOL)

I was going to snag Otomedius, but it's coming up $12.99. During checkout. The correct price is reflected on your third link though.

Edit: It finally updated the price. Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea what Otomedius Excellent is but I'll buy it for $4 but I think I'll wait for ZOE to get to $10. Crazy thing is I went to checkout with my email and it said I had an account. Did this site have another name before? Order history was only 30 days so that was no help.

No idea what Otomedius Excellent is but I'll buy it for $4 but I think I'll wait for ZOE to get to $10. Crazy thing is I went to checkout with my email and it said I had an account. Did this site have another name before? Order history was only 30 days so that was no help.
Looks like it's the same parent company as priceplunge. I ordered Otomedius Excellent because 3.99, but I did get charged tax (MA). Only .25, but I'm just curious.

Thanks OP!  Otomedius had been on my list for a while, but never picked it up.  The price was certainly right.  Sounds like folks trust the site. 

Otomedius Excellent is pretty bad, but if you're a shmup fan you should be able to get $4 worth of entertainment out of it. I bought it when it was full price, unfortunately.

Nothing for me but I never knew this site existed. Liked them on FB thanks OP will keep my eye out for future deals.
I've had an account there for years, but this is only the second or third time i've bought anything from them, so don't hold your breath for more amazing deals, ha ha. Never hurts to be on the mailing list, though.

Otomedius Excellent is pretty bad, but if you're a shmup fan you should be able to get $4 worth of entertainment out of it. I bought it when it was full price, unfortunately.
Pretty bad? It was a total blast from the past for me. The gameplay is old fashioned and the co-op is unfortunately flawed, but anyone who enjoyed Gradius back in the 16 bit era should enjoy this plenty. I like it more than i ever did Parodius, which is along the same lines, but sillier.

Well, maybe pretty bad is too harsh, but my two biggest issues were 1. Bullets blending too easily into the background making them very hard to see sometimes, and 2. The girls "riding" on the ships made it very difficult to tell where the hitboxes are (yes, I know there's a practice mode that shows the hitboxes but you don't want to play the whole game that way.)

I just think there are much better shmups on 360, but I'd go for it at $4-- it's worth that much. I'd just play any of the Cave games first, or Gradius V on PS2 (which I LOVED, wish that one would get a port to newer systems.)

For $4 why not. Only ever ordered from this site once before (years ago, got the ACDC RockBand Track pack for $1.99 from them). Grabbing the Glee one too, for $2 I'll give it to my glee obsessed niece. Even if she only plays it once, why not.

Thanks OP. You look exactly like GuilewasSNK. Whatever happened to that guy?
No idea. Just switched my avatar a couple of months ago, after like five years using HK-47 from KotoR. If he happens to reappear and it seems i've ganked his avatar, i'll change it again.

Well, maybe pretty bad is too harsh, but my two biggest issues were 1. Bullets blending too easily into the background making them very hard to see sometimes, and 2. The girls "riding" on the ships made it very difficult to tell where the hitboxes are (yes, I know there's a practice mode that shows the hitboxes but you don't want to play the whole game that way.)

I just think there are much better shmups on 360, but I'd go for it at $4-- it's worth that much. I'd just play any of the Cave games first, or Gradius V on PS2 (which I LOVED, wish that one would get a port to newer systems.)
Now that you mention it, wonky sprites/hitboxes did make things a bit hectic, especially when playing three player simultaneous. On the plus side, the game supports three player simultaneous, which is the first and only time i've seen that in a shmup. Yeah, i'd love to nab a comprehensive collection of the Gradius, Darius, R-Type, and/or Raiden games.

Now that you mention it, wonky sprites/hitboxes did make things a bit hectic, especially when playing three player simultaneous. On the plus side, the game supports three player simultaneous, which is the first and only time i've seen that in a shmup. Yeah, i'd love to nab a comprehensive collection of the Gradius, Darius, R-Type, and/or Raiden games.
Actually, I played a 4 player simultaneous shmup-- the Japanese arcade version of Dariusburst EX. It's a huge sitdown cabinet with bench seating (and a subwoofer in the seats) and two HD monitors next to each other. They had it briefly at Game Galaxy Arcade in Nashville. It was probably the first and last time I'll ever see it.

Ok, thread hijack over :)

Been interested in Z.O.E for a while, and at 11.99 seems like a good price, but am conflicted on whether just snag this up, or wait for a price drop on the Limited Edition (it's 25 bucks on Amazon for the PS3 version). 

Damnit, I saw the Glee deal over on SD, but not until today... and was sold out; I would've snagged Otomedius with Glee for the girlfriend but I can't really bother to register with this site for a $4 direct-to-backlog game I might never play. Sigh.

Just got my copy of Otomedius Excellent. Did this game originally come with shrinkwrap instead of a "Y seal"? Mine just has the shrinkwrap on it and I'm curious. FWIW the xbox seal/barcode appears intact on the side. 

I received my copy of Otomedius Excellent quite fast. I'm going to bookmark this site in case they have gaming deals in the future.
Did yours come shrinkwrapped or did it have the "Y seal"?

They threw in a couple coupon codes as well for $5 off $35 purchase and 5% off (no purchase limit). There were 2 of each code, but they were different. I'm wondering though if the codes can be shared with unlimited uses for other CAG to use?

[quote name="mossfan563" post="11362633" timestamp="1387402386"]I clicked the sale link and Glee shows up as $3.99 when I added it to my cart. :( am I doing something wrong?[/quote]

Yeah, you were late for the WEEKEND sale.

Thanks for pointing out that it was on-sale for $4 though, when I tried to get in on it, it simply displayed an error that it was OOS. $4 for my gf to sing something she enjoys despite awful UI flaws, I can still dig it.

bread's done
Back