Nov. 15th DragonQuest 8 moved up.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I'm happy they did this so now they can avoid the 360 launch.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately there are TONS of games coming out Nov. 8th and 15th. It's going to be hard. DQ and Mario and Luigi were the only games I had on my list of games coming out later November.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Unfortunately there are TONS of games coming out Nov. 8th and 15th. It's going to be hard. DQ and Mario and Luigi were the only games I had on my list of games coming out later November.[/QUOTE]

Yea Starting in Nov. every week there's gonna be atleast 15-20 games released. Its pretty crazy. DQ8 should do ok in the USA and it will make a killin overseas.

No matter what week they move it too, it will be just another great game in the mess of Christmas rush.

[quote name='Scahom1']No matter what week they move it too, it will be just another great game in the mess of Christmas rush.[/QUOTE]
Very true. I found it odd since all their ads have had November 22nd plastered all over them.

It's not too late, Square-Enix. For the love of God, change the title to its rightful name. This is like Final Fantasy XIII being released as "Final Fantastic XIII"

[quote name='Doom Gaze']It's not too late, Square-Enix. For the love of God, change the title to its rightful name. This is like Final Fantasy XIII being released as "Final Fantastic XIII"[/QUOTE]
Technically it did change it to it's rightful name, seeing as Dragon Warrior is only the american name for the series and being from Japan it's rightful name would be Dragon Quest for that's the name the series was intended to have.

I feel like this is going to be another great game lost in the shuffle. The holiday season kills games like this all the time.

[quote name='kill3r7']I feel like this is going to be another great game lost in the shuffle. The holiday season kills games like this all the time.[/QUOTE]
Well even if it is lost stateside, it was a HUGE seller in Japan. There will be enough fans of the series and sqeenix lovers to pick it up. Also there's been some huge reviews in the magazines on it, usually two-page ones.

Good move IMO. No sense in selling the game amongst a mass of pissed off people who didn't get the 360 they pre-ordered. DQ VIII and Trapt are my two most anticipated titles right now.

I am disappointed that the Dragon Quest series doesn't receive as much hype here as other RPGs (FF cough cough). While I love the FF series too, the Square Enix merger brought two of my favorite series under one roof. I hope it isn't lost in the shuffle, but after playing the demo, it is vastly impressive compared to its last game. Cel shading was a good move on the PS2 for it, it looks and plays very cleanly.

[quote name='neopolss']I am disappointed that the Dragon Quest series doesn't receive as much hype here as other RPGs (FF cough cough). While I love the FF series too, the Square Enix merger brought two of my favorite series under one roof. I hope it isn't lost in the shuffle, but after playing the demo, it is vastly impressive compared to its last game. Cel shading was a good move on the PS2 for it, it looks and plays very cleanly.[/QUOTE]

I admittedly haven't played much of the Dragon Warrior/Quest series even though I have I, II and III for the GBC and VII for the PS One. I think the visual style of the game in 8 is going to really attract people to it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I admittedly haven't played much of the Dragon Warrior/Quest series even though I have I, II and III for the GBC and VII for the PS One. I think the visual style of the game in 8 is going to really attract people to it.[/QUOTE]
What upsets me is when people get turned off because of the art with the now infamous line of "it looks like DBZ and I hate DBZ" So what if the same artist did DBZ, it doesn't affect the game in the least. Bleh. It's irritating.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']What upsets me is when people get turned off because of the art with the now infamous line of "it looks like DBZ and I hate DBZ" So what if the same artist did DBZ, it doesn't affect the game in the least. Bleh. It's irritating.[/QUOTE]

That's silly. They must hate Chrono Trigger too. I just think the cel-shaded graphics are great.

bread's done
Back