4 - 360 - Assassins Creed 2 (Ubisoft) - 794.7k
5 - 360 - Left 4 Dead 2 (EA) - 744.0k
6 - Wii - Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 720.2k
7 - Wii - Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 679.0k
8 - PS3 - Assassins Creed 2 (Ubisoft) - 448.4k
9 - 360 - Dragon Age Origins (EA) - 362.1k
10- Wii - Mario Kart (Nintendo) - 315.0k

11- Wii - Wii Play (Nintendo)
12- Wii - Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics (Sega)
13- Wii - Value Game Bundle
14- NDS - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo)
15- PS3 - Dragon Age Origins (EA) - 189k
16- NDS - Value Game Bundle
17- PS3 - God of War Collection (Sony)
18- 360 - Halo 3: ODST (Microsoft)
19- 360 - Borderlands (2K)
20- 360 - Madden 10 (EA)

Dragon Age:
360 DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS 342,254
360 DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS COLLECTOR'S ED 19,888
PS3 DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS COLLECTOR'S ED 11,728
PS3 DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS 177,008

Tony Hawk Ride:
Wii: 67K
360: 30K
PS3: 16K

DJ Hero:
360: 62K
PS3: 39K
Wii: 19K
PS2: 3K

Notes:
Batman Arkham Asylum is now 10k ahead on the PS3 LTD.

Lego Rock Band:
Wii > DS> X360 > PS3
PS3 = x
5x > 4x> 2.5x > x

Leaks:
90k > Modern Warfare Reflex > Rabbids Go Home > LittleBigPlanet PSP > Darkside Chronicles > Extraction (LTD)

PS2: 1,466,700
DS: 7,875,400
PSP: 1,841,200
360: 3,460,700
PS3: 2,974,500
Wii: 5,784,000

LTD

PS2: 44,981,318
DS: 35,416,758
PSP: 16,182,836
360: 17,320,986
PS3: 9,768,696
Wii: 23,324,381

Benchmark Comparisons (US):

PS2 - 19,310,000 (37-month mark) (Oct 2003)
PS2 - 25,212,000 (49-month mark) (Oct 2004)

Xbox - 10,768,402 (37-month mark) (Nov 2004)
Xbox - 13,065,000 (49-month mark) (Nov 2005)

GCN - 8,353,241 (37-month mark) (Nov 2004)
GCN - 11,642,000 (49-month mark) (Nov 2005)

360 - 12,498,400 (37 months) (Nov 2008)
360 - 17,419,100 (49 months) (Nov 2009)
PS3 - 9,765,200 (37 months) (Nov 2009)
Wii - 23,324,800 (37 months) (Nov 2009)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's some sweet HD saturation.
And DS's best month ever.

I'm almost surprised MW2 PS3 beat Mario this month.
I played both very little before shelving them once again.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Who in the F are buying all these DS's and Wii's? Doesn't everyone own 2 by now?[/QUOTE]

probably women buying the wii's and ds's. ive been noticing alot of commercials on lately targeted towards women for both consoles especially the wii with that ea exercise game. theyve been selling alot of wiis on qvc too would those sales be a part of the npd?

[quote name='lokizz']probably women buying the wii's and ds's. ive been noticing alot of commercials on lately targeted towards women for both consoles especially the wii with that ea exercise game. theyve been selling alot of wiis on qvc too would those sales be a part of the npd?[/QUOTE]

Awesome. And people like you live in your mom's basement. I'm joking.
I love generalizations!!! :D YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH!

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Awesome. And people like you live in your mom's basement. I'm joking.
I love generalizations!!! :D YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH![/QUOTE]

so mentioning that many of the commercials for both consoles have been targeting women more is a generalization how? if youre going to be a dumbass thats your choice as an american, one i see youre very comfortable in exercising, but if youre trying to be funny try harder :applause:.

I'm in the middle of compiling the new benchmarks and I noticed something interesting:

XBOX (Month 37)[Nov 2004] - 708k
PS3 (Month 37)[Nov 2009] - 710.4k

Things that might explain 360 beating PS3 this month:
- 1 million(?) 360 console bans, so those people buy new consoles
- Wal-Mart Gift Card deal (Highly ignored)

Nice to see Dragon Age sell well. It's really an awesome game.

Also glad to say I contributed to the PS3 sales last month, and so far I'm really happy with the purchase. :bouncy:

[quote name='KingBroly']Things that might explain 360 beating PS3 this month:
[/QUOTE]
On this point, I'm not so sure:

1) Its hard to convert pirates to non-pirates by any means. They're just not going to spend money on games in most scenarios.
2) A lot of them threatened to go PS3
3) A lot of them probably decided to stay offline and continue to pirate 360 games.
4) A lot of them went back to pirating PC games.

[quote name='lokizz']so mentioning that many of the commercials for both consoles have been targeting women more is a generalization how? if youre going to be a dumbass thats your choice as an american, one i see youre very comfortable in exercising, but if youre trying to be funny try harder :applause:.[/QUOTE]

I didn't understand your post. Not being rude, but it was written poorly and the intent is wasted on me anyway. Something about being an American makes me a dumbass and comfortable with working out... It was ultimate fail. Stick to burgers at McDonalds.

"- 1 million(?) 360 console bans, so those people buy new consoles"

That's like saying all those PS2 owners bought new PS2s because theirs broke. It's a cop-out.

If anything the fact that 1 million people were apparently able to pirate 360 games may have sold more to others thinking they could do it too assuming they aren't interested in online.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']I didn't understand your post. Not being rude, but it was written poorly and the intent is wasted on me anyway. Something about being an American makes me a dumbass and comfortable with working out... It was ultimate fail. Stick to burgers at McDonalds.

"- 1 million(?) 360 console bans, so those people buy new consoles"

That's like saying all those PS2 owners bought new PS2s because theirs broke. It's a cop-out.[/QUOTE]

It's just a theory. I don't see how 360 outsold the PS3 the week of Black Friday, especially when they didn't give a number (if they did outsell the PS3, that means they would've outsold the Wii during the same period). So either a ton of people bought those MW2 consoles (Which I highly doubt) or something else happened to spur sales.

You have to look at it from the other side as well - Price drops have always had a very limited effect. They give you a boost for a few months and then after that the effect is merely to slow the decline. They've never really mattered.

Ban wave 100% for sure. Most of the pirates just bought another 360 + mw2 just to keep playing, they kept the old 360 for everything else. Very impressive by microsoft to plan a ban wave in early november tho, good for NPD #s.

Everything else did great. MW2 on both platforms beating NSMB Wii isnt a joke, very impressive. 360 Still selling good software.

Good NPD all around. Can't wait for december!

[quote name='blitz6speed']Ban wave 100% for sure. Most of the pirates just bought another 360 + mw2 just to keep playing, they kept the old 360 for everything else. Very impressive by microsoft to plan a ban wave in early november tho, good for NPD #s.

Everything else did great. MW2 on both platforms beating NSMB Wii isnt a joke, very impressive. 360 Still selling good software.

Good NPD all around. Can't wait for december![/QUOTE]

well considering the hype that MW2 had.... it doesn't suprise me.... but if you look at long term though, I bet NSMB is going to be on the list longer than MW2 will be.

I mean fuck, look at Mario Kart bring up the rear at 300k.... NSMB has about that much legs too.

[quote name='xycury']well considering the hype that MW2 had.... it doesn't suprise me.... but if you look at long term though, I bet NSMB is going to be on the list longer than MW2 will be.

I mean fuck, look at Mario Kart bring up the rear at 300k.... NSMB has about that much legs too.[/QUOTE]

If anyone doubts NSMB Wii wont have legs, then they are nuts. Its still impressive for Mw2 tho, its really the poster child for the HD Consoles.

[quote name='Malik112099']even with the 360 bans it shouldn't be that close....seems to me a price drop was too little too late in the long run for the ps3[/QUOTE]

With over a million bans, even if 10% of those people bought a new system, that's still 100K new systems sold.

I wonder if any PC gamers decided to jump over to the 360 for MW2...:whistle2:k

[quote name='Malik112099']even with the 360 bans it shouldn't be that close....seems to me a price drop was too little too late in the long run for the ps3[/QUOTE]

The 360 won by 101.9k systems. There were OVER 1 million bans. Again, if 10% of them bought a new system (I would guess closer to 40% if you include Bans + RROD systems) then you have the reason why the 360 is ontop this month.

December will be obviously much more telling.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']#11-20 added[/QUOTE]

Would you have Dragon Age numbers for the PC? Steam maybe not, but should be count for retail right?

NPD doesnt generally release PC retail data. You have to get them from publisher press releases. They are also really dismal.

Also, it seems that the top selling PSP game was some generic Ubisoft title at #150

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Also, it seems that the top selling PSP game was some generic Ubisoft title at #150[/QUOTE]

Apparently, that's not entirely correct. According to IGN, the top-selling PSP game was LittleBigPlanet, clocking in 42,000 sales and ranked at 107.
http://psp.ign.com/articles/105/1054350p1.html

Also found this in the GAF thread (post 1505), though the original poster later edited out the numbers:
Band Hero: 153k
Lego Rock Band: 83k

Band Hero total > Tony Hawk Ride total > Lego Rock Band total

60% of Band Hero sales are Wii sales. 60% of Lego Rock Band are Wii sales. The Wii version of Band Hero > all Lego Rock Band.

[quote name='KingBroly']What the heck happened to Uncharted 2?[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess, it probably sold somewhere in the 100K range which looks to be below the Top 20 this month.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I'm in the middle of compiling the new benchmarks and I noticed something interesting:

XBOX (Month 37)[Nov 2004] - 708k
PS3 (Month 37)[Nov 2009] - 710.4k[/QUOTE]

Damn. So Sony's PS3, a console from an established gaming brand, is doing as good now as the original Xbox, a brand new console from an uproven gaming company, did back in its run? Crazy.

Although things are certainly picking up for the PS3. It looks like year over year sales from last November have doubled. I guess they've finally reached the proper price point.

[quote name='KingBroly']Things that might explain 360 beating PS3 this month:
- Wal-Mart Gift Card deal (Highly ignored)[/QUOTE]

Or maybe the fact that Xbox has the better online service and November was a month when the biggest online multiplayer game of the year is released.

[quote name='Maklershed']Damn. So Sony's PS3, a console from an established gaming brand, is doing as good now as the original Xbox, a brand new console from an uproven gaming company, did back in its run? Crazy. [/QUOTE]

Considering that the PS3 launched at $600 while the Xbox launched at (I think) $300, I believe the PS3 is doing just fine. It's starting to reach mass-market price point but still not there yet.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Considering that the PS3 launched at $600 while the Xbox launched at (I think) $300, I believe the PS3 is doing just fine.[/QUOTE]

But that's a variable that Sony controls. And it doesn't change what DMK was pointing out.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Considering that the PS3 launched at $600 while the Xbox launched at (I think) $300, I believe the PS3 is doing just fine. It's starting to reach mass-market price point but still not there yet.[/QUOTE]

Its at 300 that's essentially what the launch price should have been. But the other problem is that even though the price is at or nearing its mass market appeal; people are already invested with game collections on the Wii and the 360. Its more difficult to get people to buy a new console...when they've already purchased one. People who bought 360s or PS3 this holiday season probably won't buy another console for another 6 - 12 months (just my estimate). Should be more shopping incentives for people who pick up PS3. Free game and movie should come with EVERY PS3. what's up with that Twlight Bundle

Live also creates a powerful momentum in hardware sales. Sure, the PS3 on paper is a better value, but you're more likely to buy a system that your friends already have. It probably also creates a momentum in software sales when it comes to online multiplayer.

(unrelated)
Lego Rock band:
Wii > DS> X360 > PS3

PS3 = x
5x > 4x> 2.5x > x

Nintendo: where people come to buy Nintendo titles, a bare smattering of third-party titles, and nothing else.

Lego RB and Band Hero's sales ratios are anomalies. HUGE anomalies, in fact.

[quote name='mykevermin']Nintendo: where people come to buy Nintendo titles, a bare smattering of third-party titles, and nothing else.

Lego RB and Band Hero's sales ratios are anomalies. HUGE anomalies, in fact.[/QUOTE]

Apparently Tony Hawk Ride also did the best on Wii. [insert any number of obvious jokes here]

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Live also creates a powerful momentum in hardware sales. Sure, the PS3 on paper is a better value, but you're more likely to buy a system that your friends already have. It probably also creates a momentum in software sales when it comes to online multiplayer.

(unrelated)
Lego Rock band:
Wii > DS> X360 > PS3

PS3 = x
5x > 4x> 2.5x > x[/QUOTE]

one good thing is that, I don't think we'll see an expensively priced console at the next set of launches.

I guess with DJ Hero only selling 3000 on PS2, we won't be seeing many more accessory bundles for PS2 and they'll just release software only versions if any at all. I guess I am one of those 3000, $50 after the $40 Amazon promo and $10 coupon code was a great deal.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Considering that the PS3 launched at $600 while the Xbox launched at (I think) $300, I believe the PS3 is doing just fine. It's starting to reach mass-market price point but still not there yet.[/QUOTE]

Premium (ie Pro) XBox was $400, Core (ie Arcade) was $300.
http://xbox.about.com/od/xbox2/a/x360pricenews.htm

I'm really surprised Forza 3 dropped as far as it did. Figured it would stay in the top 20 for sure.
Going to be interesting to see what Sony does with PS2 games now considering the GoW Collection made the top 20 in a super crowded month.

I wish we could get a leak to see the AC 2/Forza 3 Gamestop exclusive CE's vs. the Dragon's Age CE numbers.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Premium (ie Pro) XBox was $400, Core (ie Arcade) was $300.
http://xbox.about.com/od/xbox2/a/x360pricenews.htm

I'm really surprised Forza 3 dropped as far as it did. Figured it would stay in the top 20 for sure.
Going to be interesting to see what Sony does with PS2 games now considering the GoW Collection made the top 20 in a super crowded month.

I wish we could get a leak to see the AC 2/Forza 3 Gamestop exclusive CE's vs. the Dragon's Age CE numbers.[/QUOTE]

Forza was destined to die. Franchises that take center stage early on in their genres are the ones that keep making money. Halo, Call of Duty, Gran Turismo, etc. The demo of GT5P has sold almost 5 million copies. The real game will do 10 or more million worldwide. Forza only sold 1 mil worldwide so far because GT5 didnt come out, some people needed a stopgap.

I've read over 110k copies of GOW Collection sold. This is just the US and it hasnt been released in europe yet. Thats a smashing success for a 15 week port of old ps2 games that cost the same on PS2 as they do on PS3. I am sure a lot more companies will want in at this point, and for good reason, they'd be fools not to.

MS already said recently that Forza 3 has sold one million. It will most likely sell as good as Forza 2 did World Wide. Honestly, what racing game has sold extremely well on XBox or the 360? Either way Forza will most likely be a staple series for the XBox, and It was rumored Turn 10 was working on the next PGR.

Anyways I think It's sad that PS3 didn't win November either with the $100 gift card with the 360. Most people I would have thought would jump on the insane Black Friday PS3 deals not to mention the insane advertisement the PS3 is getting. There might be no real brand loyality in the US but at the same time I don't think Microsoft will fall from second place anytime soon unless they pull a Sony IE release their next console at $500-$600.

[quote name='Maklershed']Damn. So Sony's PS3, a console from an established gaming brand, is doing as good now as the original Xbox, a brand new console from an uproven gaming company, did back in its run? Crazy.[/QUOTE]November 2004 has to be one of the best selling months for the original Xbox, as that's when Halo 2 launched. Not that Modern Warfare 2 wasn't hyped to death and didn't help PS3 sales, but it isn't an exclusive.

bread's done
Back