*NOW LIVE*TRU "Up to $20 off" sale-CoD:MW3, Forza 4, AC:R, Skyrim, more 12/18-24

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12459211

Sale runs from 12/18 thru 12/24. See link above for full list of items.
Sale will be both in-store and online.
Combine this with the Google/TRU promo for additional savings.
Free shipping on $49+ orders. sorry, this doesn't apply to video games. Damn u TRU!

Thanks to redflare for making the list:

Save up to $20 on these games :360: & :ps3:
Skyrim $39.99 - seems to be the best deal so far on this
Rage $39.99, under $20 on Amazon
Assassin's Creed: Revelations $44.99 - wait for Best Buy sale 12/25 for $30
Call of Duty: MW3 $47.99 - wait for Best Buy sale 12/25 for $40
Goldeneye 007 $47.99
Ratchet & Clanket All 4 One $44.99
Uncharted 3 $44.99
Forza 4 $39.99
Gears Of War 3 $39.99
Dance Central (original) $34.99
Kinect Sports (original) $34.99
Sims 3 Pets $39.99
Tin Tin $44.99
Rayman: Origins $44.99
MGS HD Collection $34.99
Dead Island $39.99, on sale for $29.99 at Target
Check the top link for :wii: titles

Sunday and Monday Only!
Free $60 GC when you buy the Xbox 360 4gb Bundle with Kinect
Free $10 GC when you buy ANY Kinect game priced $39.99 or more

Kinect sensor $109.99
Kinect Zoom $19.99
Xbox 360 quick charge kit $19.99

There's also 2 third party Xbox controllers on sale, an Ear Force headset, and some docking station for the 360 controllers.

B1G1 40% off all titles $19.99 and under.
B1G1 50% off the Ubisoft dance games (Wii versions only).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dinokill']Can anyone tell what is the deal about that google offer?[/QUOTE]

Two days ago, purchase a $20 online credit for $10. Could then purchase eGiftcards with them to use in store.

[quote name='btw1217']If you're looking for free shipping, you can purchase them from Toys R Us through eBay for the same price. The only catch is that you can't use the Google Offers coupon.

iconps3.gif

Skyrim

iconxbox_r2.gif

Skyrim

They should have the other games on there as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, I have a few beans left in my pp acct and free shipping. They do charge tax, but you do get 80 cents in ebay bucks back.:whee:

[quote name='compco']btw1217

you are the freaking MAN!!!

I was hesitant to buy Skyrim because of the over 5$ shipping charge. You saved the day!!![/QUOTE]

Same here, I closed the page . Its amazing what difference a few bucks makes.

Thanks btw1217

GAAAAAH.

OK, really can't make up my mind. I've got a $40 card from x2 Google Offer redemptions, a free year of Shoprunner, and can't decide between UC3 and Rayman. CAG, please choose for me.

EDIT: OK, decided on Rayman, but apparently Shoprunner is the worst deal ever. It was free, though, so I'm not out anything other than the time I wasted signing up for that garbage. Blech, off to the B&M I go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Toysrus pm? Target has the Skylander starter for $60. I really want to combo this with the in store deal for a 3 pack with purchase.

[quote name='GamerDude316']and so begins the wait for the Amazon price match on Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

Yup, $7 in shipping and $8 in tax on two games kills this deal to send gifts to my kids by Christmas.

[quote name='shadow17x']Does Toysrus pm? Target has the Skylander starter for $60. I really want to combo this with the in store deal for a 3 pack with purchase.[/QUOTE]

TRU does price match for the remainder of this week. When you do price match an item, it voids any current promo that TRU is running so you can't double dip.

[quote name='momouchi']Approximately how many Skyrim games for each console does there seem to be in-store, for people who are just reporting back?[/QUOTE]

About 3 or 4 left of each in the store I went to.

I bought the 360 version, and it still had the Premium Map inside from the first shipment. The Premium Map is the one you had to "pre-order" to get. Although I don't see what the big deal is, as there are already better maps online made by fans of the game.

Feels like Christmas already~ $20 for Skyrim =)

[quote name='momouchi']Approximately how many Skyrim games for each console does there seem to be in-store, for people who are just reporting back?[/QUOTE]

I got the last copy of the 360 version but there were several of the PS3 and 2 of the PC. I got there at opening and out of the 70 people in line ahead of me I was the only one in the games department.

[quote name='yokofox33']Hoping Amazon matches the Skyrim deal.[/QUOTE]

Amen.
And hopefully, Amazon would include the PC version at $40, as well.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU does price match for the remainder of this week. When you do price match an item, it voids any current promo that TRU is running so you can't double dip.[/QUOTE]

well that stinks. guess i can wait for the set to get a few months old and get cheaper. skyrim for $24 total is definitely a good xmas gift.

Went out at 8am in a snowstorm to pick up Skyrim this morning. Yesterday's sales must have cleaned them out, because there were no :360: copies left but at least 20 for :ps3:. Thankfully, the guy at the store orded one for me with free shipping to my house...just have to wait a week or so.

Got to TRU about 8:30 this morning, I was literally the only customer in the store. They had probably 5 copies left for xbox and 10 for ps3. I used my 2 Google offers via egift cards. Best $20 I have spent in a while.

Picked up Skyrim 360 this morning and also TRU price-matched Targets $30 price on Dead Island 360 as well. Pretty good use of the google 10 for 20 offer and a 15 percent off TRU coupon I had. Probably would have got MGS HD collection for 360 as well, but they didn't have any. Only downer is that I read that the 10 percent us TRU rewards members are getting back in store certificates after this holiday period are not for use on Video Games, Video Game Hardware or Video Game Accessories. Freaking bummer. Good thing I have a 4 year old and an almost 8 month old.

So, lets see here....not even $20 off for Rayman, no free shipping, no in store pickup.

TRU is making it difficult for me to want to shop there.

[quote name='pdjones']So, lets see here....not even $20 off for Rayman, no free shipping, no in store pickup.

TRU is making it difficult for me to want to shop there.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was tempted to get Skyrim on PS3(even with all the glitches) but after shipping and what have you, it's not really gonna be 40 now is it? Not so fast TRU :speaktothehand:

[quote name='Gkage']after shipping and what have you, it's not really gonna be 40 now is it? Not so fast TRU :speaktothehand:[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Which is why I'm waiting for Amazon to make a move and price match TRU. They are taking their sweet time.

[quote name='Xiaan']Exactly. Which is why I'm waiting for Amazon to make a move and price match TRU. They are taking their sweet time.[/QUOTE]

Yea they are. I dont know what's with Amazon this year. Usually i find they have the best deals, but this year Ive found myself driving to bestbuy on mutiple occasions for store pickup.

Maybe it was a bad idea to buy that Google offers deal considering Toys R Us wants to screw over the video game Internet shoppers.

Don't see why people are flipping their skirt for Rayman. It's an Ubisoft game, it will crater to $20 with relative speed. Let it.

Picked up Skyrim in-store with my 2 eGift Cards purchased with the Google Offers TRU deal. No issues and they had several copies when i was there around 9am. :)

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']What are google offers and how do they work?[/QUOTE]
Google Offer for Toys R US is over.
Google Offers are like groupon, the deal was $10 for $20 online credit at TRU

[quote name='Dorkus06']Picked up Skyrim in-store with my 2 eGift Cards purchased with the Google Offers TRU deal. No issues and they had several copies when i was there around 9am. :)[/QUOTE]

Just did the same with success, plenty of copies at the La Mesa, CA location.

[quote name='kouleefoh']wait the shop runner isn't free shipipng?[/QUOTE]

it appears they disabled Shoprunner from working on video games a few weeks ago. Probably after they got hammered by the free year signups...

[quote name='GamerDude316']it appears they disabled Shoprunner from working on video games a few weeks ago. Probably after they got hammered by the free year signups...[/QUOTE]

Its still handy for the asking price of the free signup promo when shopping at NewEGG. Still works on games there and speeds up your delivery for an extra login prompt. Nothing to write home about, but nice to have for a year.

[quote name='neil1115']If you are talking about the $10 google coupon for $20 off that is such a ripoff. I tried to use it skyrim and it won't let you. Apparently it can't be used for anything on sale. I guess I'll wait and see if Amazon will match it.[/QUOTE]

I used mine, no problems at all. I ordered at 2:37am PST. did you actually type your code, and pin number? copy and paste wont work.

Just put about 4 hours into Skyrim! So glad I had that Google Offer or I probably wouldn't have picked it up until it hit around $25 normally.

Should I go ahead and pick up Skyrim now or wait? My backlog is around 45 games. Not to mention, that I am playing MW3 with my buddies every night, along with an online dynasty in NCAA Football 12. I played part of the pc version of Skyrim last night, on a buddies computer, and was blown away though. Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Should I go ahead and pick up Skyrim now or wait? My backlog is around 45 games. Not to mention, that I am playing MW3 with my buddies every night, along with an online dynasty in NCAA Football 12. I played part of the pc version of Skyrim last night, on a buddies computer, and was blown away though. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. 45 games? You wouldn't need to buy a game for the rest of 2012 and still won't finish that backlog. Or you can realize that you'll never play those games, sell a couple and then use that money to buy Skyrim.

[quote name='ZForce915']Absolutely not. 45 games? You wouldn't need to buy a game for the rest of 2012 and still won't finish that backlog. Or you can realize that you'll never play those games, sell a couple and then use that money to buy Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

I know it's a huge backlog. I recently went back to college, and am also working two jobs, so I don't have the time that I used to.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I know it's a huge backlog. I recently went back to college, and am also working two jobs, so I don't have the time that I used to.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. So don't keep adding to that pile. You'll continue to have less and less time as you get older. Personally I have completely eliminated my backlog and only play newer games (when they hit an affordable price point).

Take 5 games from your backlog with similar narratives like Fable, Fallout and the like, sell those and get Skyrim. You'll never look back on that and if you really get the itch to play one of those games you can always re-buy it and probably for less.

So how long until amazon price matches for Skyrim? I thought maybe they would have it up by now, but still nothing. For those of you waiting on amazon, make sure to mention the lower price to them

I find that Amazon likes to match prices on Mondays (if they are going to match, last week it took them longer to match the $50 price).

Anyone able to PM at BB without any problems? Planning on running there tonight but as of now the TRU page pops up as Not Found so I'm not sure if I want to waste the trip.

bread's done
Back