*Sims 2 Nightlife Expansion PC $24.99
*X-Men Legends XB/PS2/GC $9.99
*DOOM 3 XB $19.99
*Final Fantasy X2 PS2 $12.99
*Call of Duty XB/GC/PS2 $14.99

PART 2
Regular Sale 10/9-10/16

*Buy 3 Pre-Played Games, or DVD Movies and Get 1 Free: Code BUY3GET1

*Receive $25.00 Trade in Credit when you trade in a working Gameboy Advance SP or Nintendo Gamecube System

*Receive $10.00 Trade in Credit when you trade in a working Gameboy Advance

*Receive $70.00 Trade in Credit when you trade in a working XBOX or Playstation 2 System

*Receive 25% bonus trade in credit when you trade in 3 PS2/XB/GC/PSP/GBA/DS games (Looks like there is no exclusions)

*Get NBA Live 2006 PSP/PS2/XB/PC for free when you trade in 5 qualifying PS2/XB/GC/PSP games

*Get Tiger Woods 2006 PSP/GC/XB/PC/PS2 for free when you trade in 5 qualfying PS2/XB/GC/PSP games

*Free Hi-Tech Card when you pre order DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi PS2

*10.00 EB Games Gift Voucher when you purchase X-Men Legends II or Ultimate Spiderman (valid on PS2/XB/GC only)

*Free GBA carrying case w/ purchase of Bratz Rock Angelz GBA (while supplies last)

*Free T-Shirt for Call of Duty 2/Quake 4/Soul Calibur III when you pre order

*Free Calendar w/pre order of BLitz the League PS2/XB

Hopefully EBgames.com stocks up on the Xbox X-Men game. Last I checked, there was only 2 in stock (however, the warning message said the low availability was temporary or something like that, unlike other low availability warnings).

I bet we see most of the sales online as early as Friday...

To answer questions in the order asked since my last post, $70 for the PS2 or XBOX is $5 additional credit from the normal $65 amount, and this won't work at Gamestop because there has been no merger yet (although by the time this sale starts it should go through) and it's not the same company. GS may line up a similar promotion because that's what they are starting to do (thus both companies doing PO buy 2 get 1 free the same weekend a few weeks ago) but I don't think it will be the exact same.

[quote name='CheapyD']Hell yes. Thanks again, tenzor![/QUOTE]

X-men Legends is CheapyD approved I might have to finally pick this one up for this price.

Doesn't EB give $30 or $35 now for a used GBA SP? I know they have that promotion where they give $45 for an SP with a non POX game. So are they giving less after this sale?

Good post, nothing good for me though. :whistle2:s Just waiting now for my Jade Empire and POP:WW to arrive. Ahhhh, now THOSE were great deals. :razz:

I was just at EB's yesterday and they said you could trade in a SP plus one GBA Advance game to get an extra $15 credit. They said they would give me $30 for my SP which would put the SP offer at $45. If your looking to trade in a SP do it now because this new deal stinks.

So, is this October sale, namely the 10/9 - 10/10 part, going to be in any sort of a flyer? I would love to price match Doom 3 to Circuit City, espically since I can probably PM the LE version with them and they want 59.99 for it... that 110% PM will give me another 4 bucks off the price :D

[quote name='Drico']So, if I trade in 9 games, does that mean I'll be getting 75% more trade-in credit? :D[/QUOTE]

If you trade in anything after 3, the computer will just continue to give you 25% extra credit nothing less or more.

[quote name='$hady']Does the new Doom 3 expansion contain the original version of doom 3? I never did get around to finishing it. I've had it borrowed from my friend for about a month now and never even played it, i need to give it back. :)[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. I would hope so, because $30 for an expansion is too damn much...and I don't have Doom 3 yet...I would doubt the original version is here though...

[quote name='Rig']I was wondering the same thing. I would hope so, because $30 for an expansion is too damn much...and I don't have Doom 3 yet...I would doubt the original version is here though...[/QUOTE]

We were able to play through a short demo of id RoE's story mode and also some of its multiplayer modes, and came away pleased. RoE is a stand-alone extension of Doom 3, which essentially means that you do not have to own the Xbox version of Doom 3 to play. The big new features here are a few new weapons and items, including the Grabber, the Artifact, and everyone's favorite, the double-barreled shotgun. -ign

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/653/653920p1.html

Getting DOOM 3 ($19.99) and then the expansion for ($29.99) ain't that bad. You will basically be getting the regular doom3 and expansion for the $50.00 price tag. I am sure other stores will have the expansion on sale for $19.99-$24.99 (*cough* frys) so in the end you could have the Expansion/Regular Doom for $40.00.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Any trade in X number of games, preorder Y for free?

I mean, 125% of $0.75 still isn't anywhere near a bump to $10.00-$12.50.[/QUOTE]The $0.75 games are POX, which all the current "trade 5 games for xyz preorder" won't let you use. The Zelda one is still going on, and I think the dude at EB mentioned there was one for Socom too.

[quote name='tenzor']We were able to play through a short demo of id RoE's story mode and also some of its multiplayer modes, and came away pleased. RoE is a stand-alone extension of Doom 3, which essentially means that you do not have to own the Xbox version of Doom 3 to play. The big new features here are a few new weapons and items, including the Grabber, the Artifact, and everyone's favorite, the double-barreled shotgun. -ign

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/653/653920p1.html

Getting DOOM 3 ($19.99) and then the expansion for ($29.99) ain't that bad. You will basically be getting the regular doom3 and expansion for the $50.00 price tag. I am sure other stores will have the expansion on sale for $19.99-$24.99 (*cough* frys) so in the end you could have the Expansion/Regular Doom for $40.00.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh...thanks for that. Of course, I won't be getting that expansion until it's cheaper! :) But, I'll bite on Doom 3...thanks again for the post!

$20 for Doom 3 is tempting but I really want the LE for the classic Doom that's included.

I did a trade 5 games for Doom 3 but cancelled and took the $50 credit to buy cheapies because I knew I could wait for the price to come down :)

[quote name='banpeikun']The $0.75 games are POX, which all the current "trade 5 games for xyz preorder" won't let you use. The Zelda one is still going on, and I think the dude at EB mentioned there was one for Socom too.[/QUOTE]

Is the Zelda one going on?? I went in today to try to trade some of the games I bought while on a business trip (I am out here frequently so could pick up or cancel the order later if I had to) so I didn't have to lug them home and they couldn't get this deal to work - but both employees there were new and didn't really know how to do the preorders, so maybe it was just them. Huge waste of time when I was supposed to be in the office :D.

If someone else can verify that it is still active, with no need to override or anything, then I might try it again, maybe at a different store, before I leave.

Otherwise I'll have to take them home and use them on the NBA Live '06 deal when it starts next week (or is this still active now - extended like the Madden deal was?).

[quote name='io']Is the Zelda one going on?? I went in today to try to trade some of the games I bought while on a business trip (I am out here frequently so could pick up or cancel the order later if I had to) so I didn't have to lug them home and they couldn't get this deal to work - but both employees there were new and didn't really know how to do the preorders, so maybe it was just them. Huge waste of time when I was supposed to be in the office :D.

If someone else can verify that it is still active, with no need to override or anything, then I might try it again, maybe at a different store, before I leave.

Otherwise I'll have to take them home and use them on the NBA Live '06 deal when it starts next week (or is this still active now - extended like the Madden deal was?).[/QUOTE]

When I last looked at the computer at work the Zelda one said it was active until 11/2/05 (the original release date before it was pushed back). However EB can always cancel a promotion at anytime.

[quote name='tenzor']When I last looked at the computer at work the Zelda one said it was active until 11/2/05 (the original release date before it was pushed back). However EB can always cancel a promotion at anytime.[/QUOTE]

Thanks tenzor - when did you look? I was wondering if they ended it 10/1 like the rest of the deals ($5 bonus, etc). If you have looked since then I'd say it is probably still on and the newbie EB employees just couldn't figure out how to do it. If you haven't looked since Saturday could you check next time you can? Much appreciated...

[quote name='io']Thanks tenzor - when did you look? I was wondering if they ended it 10/1 like the rest of the deals ($5 bonus, etc). If you have looked since then I'd say it is probably still on and the newbie EB employees just couldn't figure out how to do it. If you haven't looked since Saturday could you check next time you can? Much appreciated...[/QUOTE]

i was able to pre-order Zelda on 10/1 with no problems using the trade 5 deal. I had tried a day or two before and had similar problems as you did, mainly because the employee didn't know how to look it up.

I really am considering finding 5 cheap PO games to preorder Zelda there, cause for some reason I just don't trust the viability of GameRush until next April anymore...

[quote name='botticus']I really am considering finding 5 cheap PO games to preorder Zelda there, cause for some reason I just don't trust the viability of GameRush until next April anymore...[/QUOTE]

That's part of my reason as well - though there is just as much uncertainy with EB. What is going to happen with EB credit and preorders as they merge with GS? Will they keep the stores separate and continue as they are now (w/Edge cards and the like) or meld them into some combo? Hopefully they will keep the card concept (and certainly let us use the ones we have!). Doesn't GS have some lame-ass paper receipt credit thing? I've never traded there...

The other thing I worry about with preorders at EB is that they might decide to close some of the EB's that are near GS's. I ASSUME they would take care of your preorders in some way, but you'd have to keep an eye on it.

[quote name='io']That's part of my reason as well - though there is just as much uncertainy with EB. What is going to happen with EB credit and preorders as they merge with GS? Will they keep the stores separate and continue as they are now (w/Edge cards and the like) or meld them into some combo? Hopefully they will keep the card concept (and certainly let us use the ones we have!). Doesn't GS have some lame-ass paper receipt credit thing? I've never traded there...

The other thing I worry about with preorders at EB is that they might decide to close some of the EB's that are near GS's. I ASSUME they would take care of your preorders in some way, but you'd have to keep an eye on it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was another concern, but who knows. However, I would say that a merger is a lot less likely to result in a loss of something (legally, speaking... if EB is merged, I can't imagine they can take away credit and what not. Whereas, if GR folds, even though BB still exists, they may or may not be more likely to absolve themselves of debts) Its all speculation. Problem with EB is that the POX list makes it a pain in the ass to do with confidence, at least for me.

And luckily for me, I have a half dozen EBs and a half dozen GS within 10 miles, so that part isn't too bad. In that same radius, I have one GR.

[quote name='io']That's part of my reason as well - though there is just as much uncertainy with EB. What is going to happen with EB credit and preorders as they merge with GS? Will they keep the stores separate and continue as they are now (w/Edge cards and the like) or meld them into some combo? Hopefully they will keep the card concept (and certainly let us use the ones we have!). Doesn't GS have some lame-ass paper receipt credit thing? I've never traded there...

The other thing I worry about with preorders at EB is that they might decide to close some of the EB's that are near GS's. I ASSUME they would take care of your preorders in some way, but you'd have to keep an eye on it.[/QUOTE]

This is just my opinion, but I doubt you'll have trouble. Gamestop is owned by the same parent company that owns Barnes and Noble and B. Dalton. Both companies still do business, but I can still see some stores closing for the reason you listed. Keep an eye out, and hopefully they'll have a plan to shift preorders if this happens.

And speaking of Zelda, I stopped in tonight and asked the rep, and he said that they weren't taking preorders on Zelda. I'm going to stop in on Sunday during the sale and try again.

to anybody who's trading in their Gamecube to EB, send me a PM and/or check the trade list in my sig. and I'll give you more than EB is(before shipping)

Anyone who cares: the DOOM 3 expansion includes the classic DOOMs that were on the LE version, so you can pick up DOOM 3 here for $20 and wait for a price drop on the expansion if you like.

Check the ebgames.com listing for what it includes.

[quote name='ringlord']Anyone who cares: the DOOM 3 expansion includes the classic DOOMs that were on the LE version, so you can pick up DOOM 3 here for $20 and wait for a price drop on the expansion if you like.

Check the ebgames.com listing for what it includes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the head's up.

[quote name='Ecofreak']B3G1 is weak sauce.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. WTF is up with that? I'll have to pass on this deal since they just already had a much better B2G1F deal.

[quote name='io']Thanks tenzor - when did you look? I was wondering if they ended it 10/1 like the rest of the deals ($5 bonus, etc). If you have looked since then I'd say it is probably still on and the newbie EB employees just couldn't figure out how to do it. If you haven't looked since Saturday could you check next time you can? Much appreciated...[/QUOTE]io - I did the Zelda preorder tonight (10/6) with the following games:

GCN Metroid Prime - $1 + 9
XBX Hitman 2 - $1 + 9
XBX Galleon - $2 + 8
PS2 Call of Duty FH - $5 + 5
PS2 Musashi - $6 + 4
Total: $50, preorder Zelda and put $0.01 on my EDGE card ;)

This sale is 10/9 and 10/10? Sunday and Monday? Is that normal? I would have thought it started on Saturday.

[quote name='banpeikun']io - I did the Zelda preorder tonight (10/6) with the following games:

XBX Hitman 2 - $1 + 9
XBX Galleon - $2 + 8
PS2 Musashi - $6 + 4
Total: $50, preorder Zelda and put $0.01 on my EDGE card ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info - damn those rat bast**ds at that one EB - I really wanted to unload some games - now my suitcase, which they temporarily lost on the way out, is stuffed with TRU games for my flight today :D.

EB only gives $2 for Galleon? Wow - Blockbuster gives $19 for it.

[quote name='banpeikun']io - I did the Zelda preorder tonight (10/6) with the following games:

XBX Hitman 2 - $1 + 9
XBX Galleon - $2 + 8
PS2 Musashi - $6 + 4
Total: $50, preorder Zelda and put $0.01 on my EDGE card ;)[/QUOTE]

Would've sworn that Metroid Prime and Hitman 2 were POX. At least, I've had Metroid Prime rejected recently. Hmmm. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Glad to see the Zelda pre-order still working. Might have to preorder a second copy.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Hopefully EBgames.com stocks up on the Xbox X-Men game. Last I checked, there was only 2 in stock (however, the warning message said the low availability was temporary or something like that, unlike other low availability warnings).

I bet we see most of the sales online as early as Friday...[/QUOTE]

Some (most? all?) of the sale items are active on the site.

X-Men Legends for the X-Box is backordered, so it's a no go on using the Saver/Pre-Played "trick".

[quote name='bmarquardt']Some (most? all?) of the sale items are active on the site.

X-Men Legends for the X-Box is backordered, so it's a no go on using the Saver/Pre-Played "trick".[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip. Ordered X-Men Legends for Cube. Saved me a gallon or two of gas by not having to drive to EB this weekend.

Is the $10 trade in credit worth trading in my GBA? Does anyone think that I could get more by selling it?

[quote name='ringlord']Anyone who cares: the DOOM 3 expansion includes the classic DOOMs that were on the LE version, so you can pick up DOOM 3 here for $20 and wait for a price drop on the expansion if you like.

Check the ebgames.com listing for what it includes.[/QUOTE]

Doom 3 Ressur of Evil is only $20 at Fry's this weekend.

Aww man, I want X-men Legends but I want to save money for TRU B2G1 (even though I dont know what I want). So many games, so little money.

Is there a free ship code for new games at EB?

Hello all, I didn't read the entire topic, but I was wondering if there are any coupon codes to make this deal even better - with a free shipping code or something. Anything at all really would be much appreciated, thanks!

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Aww man, I want X-men Legends but I want to save money for TRU B2G1 (even though I dont know what I want). So many games, so little money.

Is there a free ship code for new games at EB?[/QUOTE]

No but all you would have to do to use the free shipping code is add a cheap game that is less than 3 bucks or find a use copy of something you actually want to play.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']No but all you would have to do to use the free shipping code is add a cheap game that is less than 3 bucks or find a use copy of something you actually want to play.[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot, didnt know you could do that.

EDIT: I think I know someone that wants Dark Angel and that 4.99 w/o CAG15 and Edge.

bread's done
Back