Now online: Stargate 8, Seinfeld 6, Newsradio 1&2, 12.50 at Best buy after b1g1

Status
Not open for further replies.

starman9000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
Just picked up all of these at Bestbuy for 24.99. Plus they are B1G1 knocking them down to 12.50.

The YMMV is that the display shelf below each title says 24.99, but it doesnt ring up at that price. My store price adjusted with no problem, but some at DVDtalk said the manager was removing the sale sign.

thanks to Forumsmy at DVDtalk

Oh, it also includes NewsRadio 1&2

Edit:

Now online for Seinfeld 6, Stargate season 8, Newsradio 1&2
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat79000050018

Definitely sounds like a big YMMV, but I might give it a look. The big problem is that not only do they need to have the sign saying $25 and then agree to honor that, they also have to agree to do the B1G1 on top of that. Or does it automatically do the B1G1 even after they price adjust? If not, I doubt my BB would agree to do both, unless they had signs saying both things.

[quote name='wubb']Definitely sounds like a big YMMV, but I might give it a look. The big problem is that not only do they need to have the sign saying $25 and then agree to honor that, they also have to agree to do the B1G1 on top of that. Or does it automatically do the B1G1 even after they price adjust? If not, I doubt my BB would agree to do both, unless they had signs saying both things.[/QUOTE]

After the price adjust, it automatically did the buy 2 get 1. I was worried about them aggreeing to both, but it worked.

The signage was long and ran across numerous dvds, not just the ones listed, so they arent too apparent at first.

Do these prices reflect a special sale or is it under some special circumstaces and how long do these prices last? Because it seems like the computer systems aren't recognizing the $24.99 price and I was thinking about getting some more info being checking out BB tomorrow to see if I can pick Seinfeld 5&6.

[quote name='Tyga24']Do these prices reflect a special sale or is it under some special circumstaces and how long do these prices last? Because it seems like the computer systems aren't recognizing the $24.99 price and I was thinking about getting some more info being checking out BB tomorrow to see if I can pick Seinfeld 5&6.[/QUOTE]

The signs look like a special sale. They say 24.99 sale good until 1/28. But yeah, they arent in the system. It looks like they were maybe going to be part of the 24.99 sale they have going on a bunch of TV dvds, but maybe somebody realized last minute that they were also B1G1.

edit: I just saw this at DVDTalk:
next weeks sale includes
Roseanne: Season 1 >>>> $19.99
3rd Rock From the Sun: Season 1 >>>> $19.99
NewsRadio: Seasons 1 & 2 >>>> $24.99
Stargate: Season 8 >>>> $24.99
Seinfeld: Season 6 >>>> $24.99

I saw the B1G1 for these online but the Seinfeld season's were $40 a pop so you got two for $20 each. Are the prices online and instore normally different?

[quote name='Rihan']Signs are still up at the Fargo store.[/QUOTE]

Did you get any? They didnt hassle me at all. Actually, they barely looked at the signs, so Im sure you could get other sets as well, although I suppose thats a bit dodgey.

[quote name='starman9000']The signs look like a special sale. They say 24.99 sale good until 1/28. But yeah, they arent in the system. It looks like they were maybe going to be part of the 24.99 sale they have going on a bunch of TV dvds, but maybe somebody realized last minute that they were also B1G1.

edit: I just saw this at DVDTalk:
next weeks sale includes
Roseanne: Season 1 >>>> $19.99
3rd Rock From the Sun: Season 1 >>>> $19.99
NewsRadio: Seasons 1 & 2 >>>> $24.99
Stargate: Season 8 >>>> $24.99
Seinfeld: Season 6 >>>> $24.99[/QUOTE]

If this is TRUE then it wil rock cause the BUY1 get 1 Promotion will run through 2/11

Stargate season 8 + newsradio 1-2 for 24.99 would kick so much ass

[quote name='starman9000']Did you get any? They didnt hassle me at all. Actually, they barely looked at the signs, so Im sure you could get other sets as well, although I suppose thats a bit dodgey.[/QUOTE]

If there was actualy something that interested me, I would. As much as I like Seinfeld, its not really something I would spend money on. Although I might go back and get News Radio at some point.

Thx OP....got seinfeld seasons 5&6 at Bloomingdale IL. The fine print on the 24.99 sign under the seinfeld's said "offer good till 1/28/06" so if anyone else wants to try, time is runnin short. At this particular store pickin's were slim for seas. 5, and seas. 6 was hard to find w/out too many dings or tears on the packaging. A couple of managers had to override price and i had to sign some form, but i didnt have to put up a fight at all.

Thank you for the heads up starman9000. I went yesterday to scope out my bestbuy and they had the signs up so I came back today with some money and grabed Stargate s8 and News Radio. Had it not been for an idiot cashier, and to his credit he might have been tired, but it took me nearly 25 minutes to get him to do the price adjust.

First he rang everything up and the prices didn't match the shelf banner. So I said there were different prices on the shelf, so he just took a penny off of Stargate and he negated the B1G1. So I said uh, no. Then round and round we go, he can't find the stupid signs, and eventually he calls over a manager and she just redoes everything and overrides the price to give me the adjustment.

All in all though I am happy I got these!

Again, thanks!

[quote name='munch']Is there a sign for B1G1?[/QUOTE]

there was a big display for it at my store, sort of behind where the rest of the DVDs are.

[quote name='starman9000']there was a big display for it at my store, sort of behind where the rest of the DVDs are.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Hopefully this will be a simple process.

[quote name='munch']Cool. Hopefully this will be a simple process.[/QUOTE]

Good luck, just remember the B1G1 signs and the 24.99 sale price signs will be in different spots.

[quote name='starman9000']there was a big display for it at my store, sort of behind where the rest of the DVDs are.[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly mine didn't have a B1G1 sign up, even the employees were clueless as to that sale.

The $24.99 price on Stargate s8, Seinfeld s6, and News Radio s1&2 are now live at bestbuy.com, as per the ad. They are still b1g1 (sometimes they end these things early, so I'm glad that wasn't the case). I just ordered Stargate and News Radio for in-store pickup, woohoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back