Nutrition Question--Artificial vs. Natural sugars

Broccoli Storm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
This is something I've always wondered and figured someone could help.

I'm always trying to eat healthy and avoid bad foods and I've always wondered about foods that have a lot of sugar on the nutrition label, but are 100% juice (juicy juice, orange juice, apple sauce that is made from only apples, ice pops made from 100% natural juice). How does this sugar affect the body compared to artificial sugars that are found in candy and junkfood? Also, is eating a large amount of fruit (5-7 pieces a day plus natural juices) a bad idea in the sense that I'm taking in too much sugar? I guess to sum it all up, how can I tell good sugar from bad sugar and how much "good" sugar should I eat a day?

My dads a diabetic when he became diabetic a few years ago I learned with him all of the different things about nutrition namely sugar.

Simple sugars is what's in candies, ice cream, cheap non 100% juices etc. They stick to your arteries and the turn to fat in the body if not burned off via exercise.

Complex sugars are what is in fruits, wheat etc. They don't give you a buzz like the other because they slowly release sugar into your bloodstream.

Simple sugars are always bad no matter what. Complex sugars are fine to eat, but don't eat more then the food pyramid recommends. If you eat lots of fruit do a couple more minutes of your work out more then normal.

bread's done
Back