NXE Avatars: Will Yours Resemble You?

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
With the NXE update coming tomorrow I realized a lot of you will be creating avatars soon. We've already seen some user creations, my question to you guys is, will you be making an avatar to resemble yourself?

Mine resebles me pretty closely.

I'm hoping I can get the avatar to look somewhat like me.

I'll have The Wife design mine for me, just as I did with my Mii. She's awesome at making caricatures.

I went for Sean Connery but they're missing the black suit. Then HotShot said it looked a bit like Colonel Sanders and I tried to make it closer to him but they're missing facial options for him. Maybe I'll switch it to Patrick Stewart instead since it would resemble him closer.

Made mine to resemble myself as closely as I could. It's decent, head shape and hair are a bit off, but not bad. I look too young as well, just turned 30 but look like a teenager in the avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably try and make it as close to me as possible, but if that doesn't turn out I'm making something dumb.

I went with an avatar that looks like me but I could see that changing as more options become available. Hopefully there will be avatar options linked to achievements/games/promotions. I don't plan on buying anything.

Here is mine. Pretty dang close I have just a tiny bit of weight to lose and this will exactly be like me :p

Pretty close to the real me, except I have a soul patch (and that's not one of the facial hair options).

EDIT: I'm also left-handed, and the watch/bracelet options are only set for right-handed persons. :l

I got pretty close, not quite right on the hair. Had my wife help me since I am terrible at creating myself in game.

I change the way I look from week to week really.....hair, beard, glasses. It'll be tough. I'll hopefully get my comparisons up tomorrow.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I change the way I look from week to week really.....hair, beard, glasses. It'll be tough. I'll hopefully get my comparisons up tomorrow.[/quote]

Luckily you can save outfits/looks, so you could pull that off with the Avatars too.

I tried to make it as close as possible.

They need more suit options 'cause I would never wear a tan or white suit.

woop woop

[quote name='Chase']Oh, and they should add video game character costumes. That would be great. :whistle2:#[/quote]

400 MS Points Sir! count on it, it will be really damn neat, they should have it with upcoming games when you unlock certain achievments, you unlock items for your avatars

Rumor had it that the "brotherhood of steel" outfit would be unlocked once fallout 3 is completed or all 1000 gs is unlocked. I don't recall which....

I am actually looking forward into creating my Avatar but what has me weary is that there isn't a lot of customization options.

[quote name='Goodeye']Rumor had it that the "brotherhood of steel" outfit would be unlocked once fallout 3 is completed or all 1000 gs is unlocked. I don't recall which....[/quote]

Well I have 1000/1000 and I don't have the outfit. Unless it requires me to pop Fallout 3 in again to get it or something.

EDIT: Yeah, not available unless it suddenly becomes enabled after tomorrow update.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Goodeye']Rumor had it that the "brotherhood of steel" outfit would be unlocked once fallout 3 is completed or all 1000 gs is unlocked. I don't recall which....[/quote]

It would be awesome if games implement a reward system like that.

i'll create whatever looks good. Shiat... i may even make a girl avatar. Making myself will just be boring as i'm.... boring. but anyway, looking forward to the launch of the NXE 2morrow. It's nice to see that microsoft doesn't suck within all its divisions.

I will try to make my avatar resemble myself. It should be easy since I wear these damn glasses. After all, because of these glasses, I pulled off looking like McLovin despite not wanting to, trying to, or looking anything like McLovin.

Made to resemble me, but it's not very close. It's annoying that I was able to make a Mii that was closer to my appearance than an Avatar, despite having more options with the Avatars.

[quote name='Draekon']Well I have 1000/1000 and I don't have the outfit. Unless it requires me to pop Fallout 3 in again to get it or something.

EDIT: Yeah, not available unless it suddenly becomes enabled after tomorrow update.[/quote]

That was just the rumor I remember hearing... If you try tomorrow let us know if it worked.

bread's done
Back