NY Comic Con 2013

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
So... I went yesterday.  It wasn't quite like I expected but I'm not sure what I was expecting if that makes any sense.  It was PACKED.  They sold too many tickets.  Nintendo had a very large booth and they had Zelda 3DS, Pokemon X&Y, Wind Waker and Super Mario 3D Land (WiiU) and others playable.  Zelda and Mario look really nice. 

My favorite part was that I got to try the Oculus Rift - it was the coolest gaming experience I've had in the last 15+ years.  I can't remember being this excited about the possibilities of a video game since the first time I played SM64.  They were demoing some racing simulator and the graphics weren't great at all (PS2 level probably) but goddamn it tracked exactly where my head was moving and it felt like I was inside that car.

I finally went and I have to say I'm glad that I live in NYC, since I can get lots of things found here at plenty of stores in the city, if not on the Internet.  It's really worth going if you have A LOT of disposable income. If you don't and/or cheap and just want to experience the crazy sights, it really helps if you volunteer your time for some small business, like a comic book shop.

I did manage to catch a glimpse the Walking Dead guy, but I was sad to learn that a co-worker got to meet THE Andrea Romano.

I feel kinda sorry for Artists' Alley being so far away from the main hall, but in a way it's a lot more mellow there. Eddy Barrows is a pretty nice guy from the few minutes I met him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally went and I have to say I'm glad that I live in NYC, since I can get lots of things found here at plenty of stores in the city, if not on the Internet. It's really worth going if you have A LOT of disposable income. If you don't and/or cheap and just want to experience the crazy sights, it really helps if you volunteer your time for some small business, like a comic book shop.

I did manage to catch a glimpse the Walking Dead guy, but I was sad to learn that a co-worker got to meet THE Andrea Romano.

I feel kinda sorry for Artists' Alley being so far away from the main hall, but in a way it's a lot more mellow there. Eddy Barrows is a pretty nice guy from the few minutes I met him.
pretty true about the money last year i spent 500, this year 350, but thats because i like to get some exclusives and buy stuff at artist alley.

artist alley was mellow in the morning when i went but by like 1 it was getting a little packed, but i do feel bad for some of the artist who dont get a lot of traffic

bread's done
Back