Nyko Rechargable Battery Packs

[quote name='geko29']You'll have to forgive me because my wii is new (and broken), but I still don't see the need. Just like my 360, whichever wiimote you turn on first is controller #1. Why do you need to tell them apart?[/quote]
Actually, that's a good point... i never have to know #1 or #2 for the Sixaxis. Once you press the PS button, it gets assigned automatically. Anyhow, i'm not certain the Wiimotes are setup this way? I only got one Wiimote at the moment, so i can't "test" this. My 2nd Wiimote is in the mail ($25 used), so i should be confirming this shortly.

Personally, i think the skins are a waste of money too. It doesn't make the Wimmote cooler and so what if the Wiimotes have scratches, it's not like it will stop functioning when it's all scratches up on the outside. Of course, if the Wiimote is not automatically assigned a number when it's used, then yes, the skin does serve the purpose of telling you which wiimote is #1 etc... But then again, you can do that with a "sticky" free sticker, post it (with tape), markers, or even different colored strap (hell, use the marker on the strap).

[quote name='Serpentor']Actually, that's a good point... i never have to know #1 or #2 for the Sixaxis. Once you press the PS button, it gets assigned automatically. Anyhow, i'm not certain the Wiimotes are setup this way? I only got one Wiimote at the moment, so i can't "test" this. My 2nd Wiimote is in the mail ($25 used), so i should be confirming this shortly.

Personally, i think the skins are a waste of money too. It doesn't make the Wimmote cooler and so what if the Wiimotes have scratches, it's not like it will stop functioning when it's all scratches up on the outside. Of course, if the Wiimote is not automatically assigned a number when it's used, then yes, the skin does serve the purpose of telling you which wiimote is #1 etc... But then again, you can do that with a "sticky" free sticker, post it (with tape), markers, or even different colored strap (hell, use the marker on the strap).[/QUOTE]
#1. Some people prefer to have their own controllers. My gf and I have our own wii-remotes with skins to tell them apart
#2. The controller gloves protects the wii-mote but at the same time, gives a better grip. Hence all those stories about the controllers flying into tvs is because they dont have controller gloves and were playing with sweaty hands.
#3. With the Wii-motes, any controller can be configured to #1 or #2 just by simply pressing the button first. I'm usually first but if my gf presses a button on her controller before I do, she becomes player 1

Using post-its, markers or anything like that is just a ghetto way. Might as well just take nail polish and put a dot on the back of the wii-mote like you would with a turtle or something. At least it wont be so obvious and ugly

Regarding batteries depleting when not in use, it happens for all devices. Whether it be iPods, controllers, TV remotes, cellphones, laptop batteries, it doesnt matter. Its just a matter of how much power it uses while its off. Obviously with TV remotes, it doesnt take much power hence it lasts for months if not a year.

[quote name='iazybandit']#1. Some people prefer to have their own controllers. My gf and I have our own wii-remotes with skins to tell them apart
#2. The controller gloves protects the wii-mote but at the same time, gives a better grip. Hence all those stories about the controllers flying into tvs is because they dont have controller gloves and were playing with sweaty hands.
#3. With the Wii-motes, any controller can be configured to #1 or #2 just by simply pressing the button first. I'm usually first but if my gf presses a button on her controller before I do, she becomes player 1

Using post-its, markers or anything like that is just a ghetto way. Might as well just take nail polish and put a dot on the back of the wii-mote like you would with a turtle or something. At least it wont be so obvious and ugly

Regarding batteries depleting when not in use, it happens for all devices. Whether it be iPods, controllers, TV remotes, cellphones, laptop batteries, it doesnt matter. Its just a matter of how much power it uses while its off. Obviously with TV remotes, it doesnt take much power hence it lasts for months if not a year.[/quote]

Thanks for confirming #3 for me... As to #1, you can simply do the turtle dot thing. As to #2, that's what the straps for... The marker, post it and what nots are just ways to do #1, but i like your turtle dot idea better.

Yes, all battery operated devices deplete, but it's the matter how fast the battery depletes that counts! Two fully charged 2000mh AAs in the wiimote will not last three weeks top (wheather you play Wii or not, of course it will be less if you play alot). On average, i have to replace the rechargeable batteries every two weeks for the wiimote. TV remotes? I haven't change the battery since i brought the TV (almost three years now). My Sansa player doesn't show any sign of battery depletion (maybe it's still six months old and no heavy usage, but still the wiimote is less than three months old and no heavy usage either...)

Now, i'm not saying the skin is not important to some people, but to me, it is, even it's $1, i still won't buy it... Eh, not to mention it's $10 or $5 when it's on sale.

same goes with the battery thing in the thread... man, $30??? Out of your mind...

I tried rechargeable batteries and what not but I fully back the recharge station.

It's just more convenient to place your Wiimote on the cradle when you're done using it and letting it recharge until the next time you play. That way, it'll also help to keep the battery charge capacity high.

My only issue with it is that I can't use those skins anymore. But I don't care, they Wiimotes are going to end up getting scratched up anyway.

^______^

Yeah, i agree with you and see the advantages (hey, i gotta change the reachargeable AAs every two weeks, i know the pain). But having to plug another device to the outlet is too much for me... if the charging station can be attached to the Wii, then it's alright with me. i know i know, then how the heck you charge the wiimote if the Wii is off? Anyhow, i just can't stand the fact that you need another socket...

let me tell you guys/gals, rechargables suck on the Wii. The power drains even when the remotes are left off for a few days. Havent tried the Nykos though...

[quote name='ddp72984']let me tell you guys/gals, rechargables suck on the Wii. The power drains even when the remotes are left off for a few days. Havent tried the Nykos though...[/quote]

Dude, tell me about it... i have been using rechargeable AAs on the Wiimote since the original battery died on me. Yeah, every two weeks or so, even if i'm not playing... But still, i don't see why should i spend another $30...

Just got my 2nd Wiimote and worked great. If this thing cost about $15, i will give it a shot...

I've now had this Nyko Recarge Station for 2 1/2 weeks.

It seems that my #1 mote is never fully charged. After a full day on the charger, the battery only registers 3/4 charge in the Wii remote menu. Then after 2 hours of play it goes down to 50%. Another 12 hours on the charger and it only charges to 75% and no higher. It did not do this in the first week.

It's still difficult to get the damn things on the charger without accidentally knocking them out of place. One slight nudge knocks them off the charging contacts. Very annoying.

^______^

That's not very good at all... It suppose to ease your pain, not to add more... I'll stick to my method for now, maybe a better model coming out. Thanks for the info bmulligan.

I got the Nyko charger about a week ago, and though I am only using it with one controller, I have been very pleased with it. After a couple hours of play, I was still registering 3/4 power. One does need to be careful that the strap doesn't interfere and prevent the contacts from touching, but other than that I really have no complaints. The charge holds long anough for me (I rarely play for more than a couple of hours at a time), and as long as I have checked to make sure that the light comes on when I put the controller in the cradle, it has always charged properly. I also think that the rubber cover makes the controller more comfortable. As far as I am concerned, it beats having to replace rechargable batteries every couple of weeks. Just my two cents, though.

There's also one by Psyclone that I got at Target. I am pretty happy with it, although I had to take off the wrist straps.

bread's done
Back