Nyko Wand+ Colors

MattCatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just got a Nyko Wand+ in orange from Best Buy. Love the soft touch feel of it. Anyways, anyone aware of other colors of the Wand+? Nyko's website only shows Black, White, and Grey. Best Buy's website doesn't show the orange either.

Not sure about the Wand+ but I think the Wand come in Pink, Purple, Blue, and Black.

I might be wrong though.

I have the purple, but it's not plus. I actually prefer them to the Nintendo brand. The A, 1, 2, and Home buttons are all slightly larger. The B button and battery cover are rubberized so it's easier to hold onto without the sleeve. Can't say much about the Motion Plus part, as I have no games that make use of the feature.

Here are the other colors of the standard Wand. I hope they all will be available as Wand+.

new-colors-for-the-nyko-wand-20090716045957694.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the Kama Wireless Nunchuck work with this? I bought one a while back and want to know if I should be getting a Wii Remote+ or this Wand+.

I thought Nyko made the Kama? In theory if they make both a nunchuk and a remote, you would think that they would go together.

Then again, I've learned quickly to avoid the knockoff nunchuks. Common consensus among the gaming blogs is similar with both the nunchuks and remotes.

I had a wired Kama and it lasted about 3 weeks. The design of the trigger-like button on the thing is atrociously bad. Maybe they improved it, but then at least, the way it was built it was destined to get sticky in short order, just as mine did. I'd never buy one of their products again, especially not if it has a trigger button.

Just picked up another Wand+, this time in the blue color in the picture. Just as the orange, the controller was the last one at Best Buy.

As for the quality of the Nyko controllers, I have had my purple Wand and Kama for about a year and no issues. Well, no functional issues. When I bought the Wand, they did not have the purple Kama. A couple months later they did, but the color had changed from a reddish purple to a bluish purple. They let me change out the wand to match the Kama.

Interesting note: the blue controller has blue LEDs and the Orange controller has red LEDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a response from Nyko. As of now, the only colors the Wand+ comes in are red (which looks orange) and blue, both only available at Best Buy.

bread's done
Back