NYTimes Actually went to E3

happy

CAGiversary!
After seeing all the other newspapers jump on the WiiFit/sony bashing, the Times (which actually has a video game reporter/column) says PS3 now has a chance
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/14/arts/television/14game.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Just the start since it's a long article:

SANTA MONICA, Calif., July 13 — Sony is back. Maybe.
As succinctly as possible, that is the message from this year’s E3, the video game industry’s top annual conference, which wrapped up here today. Having attended nearly three dozen meetings, presentations and parties since Tuesday and seeing at least 100 new games, it appears to me that after more than a year of gobsmacking miscalculations, missteps and plain old mistakes, Sony’s game group is possibly getting its act back together. After being kicked around by its main competitors, Microsoft and Nintendo, Sony is taking the first real steps to generate momentum behind its troubled PlayStation 3 game console, a critical component of the company’s overall future and a contender for the attention of hundreds of millions of gamers around the world.

I really think Sony showed off the most impressiv games of the show. Nintendo was really ho-hum this year, which was to be expected after last year's, ahem, Megaton showing. Microsoft was the same way. I got the vibe that Halo 3 was coming, but am I really interested in playing Scene It?

Not to discount AAA games like Super Mario Galaxy or Fable 2, but Nintendo not demonstation Brawl and Microsoft not announcing Metal Gear Solid 4 for the 360 as was expected were major letdowns.

All in all, E3 '07 was pretty dismal.

[quote name='lanleague']I really think Sony showed off the most impressiv games of the show. Nintendo was really ho-hum this year, which was to be expected after last year's, ahem, Megaton showing. Microsoft was the same way. I got the vibe that Halo 3 was coming, but am I really interested in playing Scene It?

Not to discount AAA games like Super Mario Galaxy or Fable 2, but Nintendo not demonstation Brawl and Microsoft not announcing Metal Gear Solid 4 for the 360 as was expected were major letdowns.

All in all, E3 '07 was pretty dismal.[/QUOTE]
How could they announce MGS 4 if they do not have it?

[quote name='mwynn']How could they announce MGS 4 if they do not have it?[/quote]
That's the point. It was assumed they would announce it as not being PS3 exclusive, but it didn't happen. That's a blow for Microsoft.

The point is after so many rumors MS was expected to get MGS 4 so it remaining on only PS3 is a big blow.

Especially after seeing the amount of money they paid for GTA IV, a big MGS deal seemed like it could be the semi-surprise of the show.

[quote name='Zoglog']omg... lies
good thing nobody outside of New York ever reads this small publication[/quote]

No, Lair. (And LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Heavenly Sword and Home)

bread's done
Back