Obama Administration to Hold Detainees Even if Acquitted

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration said Tuesday it could continue to imprison non-U.S. citizens indefinitely even if they have been acquitted of terrorism charges by a U.S. military commission.
Jeh Johnson, the Defense Department's chief lawyer, told the Senate Armed Services Committee that releasing a detainee who has been tried and found not guilty was a policy decision that officials would make based on their estimate of whether the prisoner posed a future threat.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124699680303307309.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
You're fucking great Obama. You speak out against something during the campaign and then go ahead and do it when you are elected. Also, you have the audacity to give a speech about doing something the Constitution forbids, right in front of it. See clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uuWVHT1WUY

At least it's just the terrorists right? This doesn't apply to citizens yet....

Obama is screwing up because he wants to keep the powers that Bush had even though he railed against them mightily in the campaign. I think McCain would've done the same thing but it doesn't make it any better.

[quote name='depascal22'] I think McCain would've done the same thing but it doesn't make it any better.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt have expected mccain to do any less. and obama just keeps proving over and over again that i was right in being skeptical in his "change".

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Fixed.

EDIT: This universe is starting to annoy me.[/QUOTE]

Since Nixon.

When the President does it, it's not illegal.

;)

[quote name='UncleBob']Since Nixon.

When the President does it, it's not illegal.

;)[/QUOTE]

History book, read up on impeach and all forms of it.

I can't wait to see Msut's spin on this.

[quote name='depascal22']At least it's just the terrorists right? This doesn't apply to citizens yet....[/QUOTE]What's to stop them from defining you as a terrorist and locking you up where no one can find you so they can try you outside the court system? :whistle2:?

Obama is doing the same thing as Bush, he is just doing it in a more PR-friendly way. Say one thing, do another, and hope no one notices.

But I can't say I disagree with either of the end results of their policies in this case.

[quote name='UncleBob']Perhaps you should adjust your sarcasm detector and read up on history yourself (or, at least, watch recent movies somewhat based on history?)[/QUOTE]

Why would I watch dramatized situations that are more often than not pure guesswork? You act as if Nixon was the first President to get Congress mad.

[quote name='Ruined']Obama is doing the same thing as Bush, he is just doing it in a more PR-friendly way. Say one thing, do another, and hope no one notices.

But I can't say I disagree with either of the end results of their policies in this case.[/QUOTE]

It never ceases to amaze me how dumb Americans are and how many times they fall for the same slight-of-hand tricks by politicians.

It's like the stimulus package. Obama made it sound like it was a huge emergency to get it passed and rushed through. Then, after nobody read it, because it was such a huge hurry to get it to him, he lets it sit on his desk for days before signing it. Now, six months later, only about 20% of the stimulus has been sent out.

Huge emergency my ass. The administration simply could not abide having it mulled over like a normal bill because then it would have never passed once people read it.

[quote name='KingBroly']Why would I watch dramatized situations that are more often than not pure guesswork? You act as if Nixon was the first President to get Congress mad.[/QUOTE]

A.) You can look into the actual Frost/Nixon interview instead of the movie featuring Skeletor.
B.) I made a small joke in reference to a comment Nixon made and you didn't get it. That is all.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I can't wait to see Msut's spin on this.

[/QUOTE]

I'll be MSUT...

You're ability to even form an argument is mind-boggling moronic. I'm not going to give you a history lesson to explain why you're wrong because if I did your little brain wouldn't be able to understand the point.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I'll be MSUT...

You're ability to even form an argument is mind-boggling moronic. I'm not going to give you a history lesson to explain why you're wrong because if I did your little brain wouldn't be able to understand the point.[/QUOTE]

LoL.

Pretty close, you could have thrown in another personal attack for accuracy though.

[quote name='Ruined']Say one thing, do another, and hope no one notices.[/QUOTE]

This has become the classic Obama M.O., and it's only six months into his presidency.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I'll be MSUT...

You're ability to even form an argument is mind-boggling moronic. I'm not going to give you a history lesson to explain why you're wrong because if I did your little brain wouldn't be able to understand the point.[/QUOTE]

too coherent

bread's done
Back