Obama Care Could Be Deadly

Probably because he has some self-control and doesn't want to deal with some of the idiots in this thread.
Apparently though my posts were hidden I am still subscribbed to this thread heh. Yes I deleted them for that exact reason. If certain people have not learned to accept even mathamatical or scientific facts over the years, what purpose other then to draw me into an endless argument does it serve to say anything? No offense to anyone here, iv just learnt that while its important for me to stay informed and educated on politics, its something that most people are just not mature enough to discuss. Nor is it something they are willing to be open minded about. Ill unsubscribe now. Hopefully no one takes offense to this post, my intent was not to point fingers at anyone here or say you are wasting your time. I just personally have decided it is in my case given years of trying.

Edit - And thanks for the kind comment dohdoh. I greatly appreciate it. Know we had at least a few heated debates (mostly on the subject of race if I recall) heh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently though my posts were hidden I am still subscribbed to this thread heh. Yes I deleted them for that exact reason. If certain people have not learned to accept even mathamatical or scientific facts over the years, what purpose other then to draw me into an endless argument does it serve to say anything? No offense to anyone here, iv just learnt that while its important for me to stay informed and educated on politics, its something that most people are just not mature enough to discuss. Nor is it something they are willing to be open minded about. Ill unsubscribe now. Hopefully no one takes offense to this post, my intent was not to point fingers at anyone here or say you are wasting your time. I just personally have decided it is in my case given years of trying.

Edit - And thanks for the kind comment dohdoh. I greatly appreciate it. Know we had at least a few heated debates (mostly on the subject of race if I recall) heh!
Hahaha...we have! But you're good peeps, so it's all good. Least you could do is drop in on the Real Time thread once in a while though. :D

TO BUMP AN OLD TOPIC 

but just got notice my bill goes from 

2900 a year to  3700 a year come jan 2015.     Like  i just have 800 bucks lying around.  I ask the person on the phone how the hell am i to come up with the extra 800 and she goes, o dont worry the goverment should pick that up for you, i go i dont get handouts like most and shes quite for a minute and goes  I dont know what to tell you then. 

fuck obamacare  i had my own health insurance for 20+ years and now thanks to that bastard i wont come jan

TO BUMP AN OLD TOPIC

2900 a year to 3700 a year come jan 2015. Like i just have 800 bucks lying around. I ask the person on the phone how the hell am i to come up with the extra 800 and she goes, o dont worry the goverment should pick that up for you, i go i dont get handouts like most and shes quite for a minute and goes I dont know what to tell you then.

fuck obamacare i had my own health insurance for 20+ years and now thanks to that bastard i wont come jan
Good luck, bro. Research the ACA income limits on receiving the subsidy. I know you don't like handouts, but, if you have been paying taxes, I would much rather see you getting tax payer money versus people who don't work. Also shop around for a better deal.

TO BUMP AN OLD TOPIC

2900 a year to 3700 a year come jan 2015. Like i just have 800 bucks lying around. I ask the person on the phone how the hell am i to come up with the extra 800 and she goes, o dont worry the goverment should pick that up for you, i go i dont get handouts like most and shes quite for a minute and goes I dont know what to tell you then.

fuck obamacare i had my own health insurance for 20+ years and now thanks to that bastard i wont come jan
Has your plan changed? Are you buying insurance as an individual and not on a group policy? Didn't you file a claim that increases your risk of having more expensive claims? If any of the above is in the affirmative, I'm guessing that's the answer to your question of why, but it doesn't really seem like you're asking why, so I dunno wtfbbq is up with you.

Good luck, bro. Research the ACA income limits on receiving the subsidy. I know you don't like handouts, but, if you have been paying taxes, I would much rather see you getting tax payer money versus people who don't work. Also shop around for a better deal.
LOLZ...he has absolutely no problem getting handouts. I mean, have you ever actually read any of his threads or posts outside of vs.? I'm guessing not because all you do is trololol here.

TO BUMP AN OLD TOPIC

Sorry to hear that but remember it could always be worse. For some perspective, most of my coworkers pay close $2700/month for family coverage. I might be doing the same shortly. I am not really looking forward to it.

Has your plan changed? Are you buying insurance as an individual and not on a group policy? Didn't you file a claim that increases your risk of having more expensive claims? If any of the above is in the affirmative, I'm guessing that's the answer to your question of why, but it doesn't really seem like you're asking why, so I dunno wtfbbq is up with you.
buying individual. I did have claims but they were back in Jan and feb dont know why they would wait till OCT to jack up my bill. (my bill goes up starting oct 1 from 240 to 310 a month) this is just for one person

and i have a deduction of 1500 meaning they do not pay a Penny until i pay 1500 but then they pay 100% after 1500.

i think im going to the doctor big time in oct and nov just to fuck them over :) really though i have to go to see about a shoulder problem

2700 for a family plan sounds dirt cheap when im paying 3700 for one person

cant get any help cause working the past 20 years allowed me to put 100k in the bank.

buying individual. I did have claims but they were back in Jan and feb dont know why they would wait till OCT to jack up my bill. (my bill goes up starting oct 1 from 240 to 310 a month) this is just for one person

and i have a deduction of 1500 meaning they do not pay a Penny until i pay 1500 but then they pay 100% after 1500.

i think im going to the doctor big time in oct and nov just to fuck them over :) really though i have to go to see about a shoulder problem

2700 for a family plan sounds dirt cheap when im paying 3700 for one person
That's $2700 a month.

I'd like to know what kind of coverage one is getting for $2700 per month. Sounds more like the employer is too small to require supplying insurance to their workers and hopefully compensating in increased wages.
A cadillac plan. Basically no referrals needed. I will share it with you some day once I'm out of here. The law firm is one of the preeminent business litigation firms in the US. Easily over a 1000 employees worldwide.

A cadillac plan. Basically no referrals needed. I will share it with you some day once I'm out of here. The law firm is one of the preeminent business litigation firms in the US. Easily over a 1000 employees worldwide.
So is that the employee contribution or the entire cost of the plan? I used to have a no-deductible, no-lifetime cap, with 25/50 copays and the full cost was $650 a month for individuals. Employer kicked in 70/75% so all I needed to pay was about $30 a week. Family plan was for 2+ people and cost twice as much. This was at a good sized private university in the US top 30(since we're swinging our e-dicks here).

It simply does not compute for me as to why your plan would be $2700 out of pocket per month.

So is that the employee contribution or the entire cost of the plan?
Employee contribution. The firm subsidy is pretty low. My understanding is that we get a group rate, the firm subidizes the cost of insurance for me (I pay ~850 a month) but I am responsible for the full amount for my wife and kid. I guess the plan is not bad if you have lots of kids as the rate stays the same whether you have 1 child or 6 of them.

Employee contribution. The firm subsidy is pretty low. My understanding is that we get a group rate, the firm subidizes the cost of insurance for me (I pay ~850 a month) but I am responsible for the full amount for my wife and kid. I guess the plan is not bad if you have lots of kids as the rate stays the same whether you have 1 child or 6 of them.
And that was the little tid bit of information I was looking for. Thanks.

For a fancy law firm, I'm surprised that it has such a shitty health insurance contribution. Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised? I'm sure they want all of their lawyers working 80 hours a week. Having kids puts a damper on that. LOLZ

But you're still paying around $850, so IDKWTF itz still cray cray

Luis Lang is your typical patriotic American, who had a decent paying job and could afford his own medical bills. He knows that Obamacare is ruining America and refuses to get insurance because he didn't want to pay for someone else's health care. Now he is going blind, and his diabetes is going out of control. He needs your help, because it would hurt his pride to get health insurance.He can't qualify for the federal subsidy that could've made insurance more affordable, as he is now unemployed. He can't get Medicare or Medicaid either because his state is one of 17 that refused to expand coverage for shiftless Americans. Here is his gofundme page: http://www.gofundme.com/s78e9w

I'm pretty sure the GOP politicians are breathing a collective sigh over the ACA ruling by the Supreme Court, because they definitely had nothing on the table. All they have is to demonize the terrible plan they helped write.

Luis Lang is your typical patriotic American, who had a decent paying job and could afford his own medical bills. He knows that Obamacare is ruining America and refuses to get insurance because he didn't want to pay for someone else's health care. Now he is going blind, and his diabetes is going out of control. He needs your help, because it would hurt his pride to get health insurance.He can't qualify for the federal subsidy that could've made insurance more affordable, as he is now unemployed. He can't get Medicare or Medicaid either because his state is one of 17 that refused to expand coverage for shiftless Americans. Here is his gofundme page: http://www.gofundme.com/s78e9w

lmao that gofundme page had me rolling
Dude has almost reached his goal and has converted to liberalism.:rofl:

I know, but they're celebrating already. And besides, along party lines means this bill will pass. All of Trump's cabinet? They are just incompetent or obstructionist. They got confirmed anyway, especially with Devos and Carson who thinks his job is ONLY the Projects (it's not)

I swear it was a few short years ago that Nancy Pelosi stood in front of America and said that they had to pass the ACA before they knew what was in it. Why is everyone acting so surprised that none of the Republican Congressmen read this bill before voting on it?

Not that I'm excusing the behavior... but damn... short term memory much, America?

I know, but they're celebrating already. And besides, along party lines means this bill will pass. All of Trump's cabinet? They are just incompetent or obstructionist. They got confirmed anyway, especially with Devos and Carson who thinks his job is ONLY the Projects (it's not)
They are racing to get it done before trumps treason trial

The new bill is garbage for the same reason that Obamacare is - you can't cover preexisting conditions and call it insurance.  That is now how insurance works.  If it was, I would wait until I was in a car wreck to buy "insurance".

The new bill is garbage for the same reason that Obamacare is - you can't cover preexisting conditions and call it insurance. That is now how insurance works. If it was, I would wait until I was in a car wreck to buy "insurance".
Who cares about the insurance, you're already a car wreck.

If health care were a patient, Obamacare would be killing him with a thousand cuts, while Trumpcare wants to end his misery with a stab to the heart. 

Health care is in a death spiral in this country and as much as I absolutely loathe to say it, the only way out may be universal health care, which I think was the intent all along.  Break the system so the government is "forced" to take over.  Well done Obama.

If health care were a patient, Obamacare would be killing him with a thousand cuts, while Trumpcare wants to end his misery with a stab to the heart.

Health care is in a death spiral in this country and as much as I absolutely loathe to say it, the only way out may be universal health care, which I think was the intent all along. Break the system so the government is "forced" to take over. Well done Obama.
It wasn't the affordable care act that put it into a death spiral. It was headed that way anyway. There's no room to treat people when there's a glut of baby boomers that didn't take of themselves and executives taking home record paychecks/bonuses.

I'm deeply amused at conservatives lamenting how a system created by the Heritage Foundation and first implemented by Governor Romney is supposedly destroying American health care and throwing it into a death spiral.  It's like they're admitting that their ideas suck and shouldn't be used.

I work in public health and do research on disability and maternal and child health issues. It is without exaggeration that I say that women, people with disabilities and special health needs, and LGBT people are under attack in this administration. The new healthcare plan is all the more dangerous because of how covert some of the more dangerous provisions are hidden in coded language. 

The health care plan is exactly what the GOP loves, tax breaks and everything else just gets thrown against the wall and see what sticks.

So McCain earned a little of his honor back after being a disgrace earlier in the week. He will be dead within a year so who else thinks they are planning on bringing this 'bill' to a vote before his body is even cold? I'm sure they are planning it right now.

Bernie Sanders is supposed to introduce a Medicare for All bill.

I think you should be able to count the votes it will receive on one hand.

"So crappy that we couldn't come up with a better plan after seven years of promising we had the answers!"
Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Mike Lee all have better plans, the problem is that some of the weak Republicans are more into high taxes and government welfare, so the true patriots won't ever get a good plan through.

The reason Obamacare is such a mess in the first place is because Democrats couldn't agree on a good plan either, so it is what it is.

Bernie Sanders is supposed to introduce a Medicare for All bill.

I think you should be able to count the votes it will receive on one hand.
The only reason Medicare works as well as it does is because only a smaller number of citizens qualify. If we are all on it... yikes.

I'm convinced we are heading towards single payer though. My generation sucks and wants hand outs even though it will bankrupt the country. We can only live off debt for so many more years... Time to start learning Mandarin.

Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Mike Lee all have better plans, the problem is that some of the weak Republicans are more into high taxes and government welfare, so the true patriots won't ever get a good plan through.
It's easy to say you have a great plan when it doesn't have to be tested. Hell, that's been the song & dance for the GOP for the last seven years.

https://youtu.be/8ko0DVJkLG0

Excellent debate between Ben Shapiro (The Daily Wire) and Cenk Uygur (The Young Turks)

One of the main topics is Healthcare.

bread's done
Back