Oblivion (360, PH Version) $19.99 at Walmart

gorgo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Sorry if this is a repost, I couldn't find it with search. This does not appear to be a YMMV, it was in their "cheap" game section, lotsa copies, clearly priced with the end of row pricetag.

I just picked up my 360 about two months ago and have been holding off on this game. Is it better to get this version and add-on or should I buy the GOTY edition for $50 at BB this week?

I can at least confirm this.

Been waiting to find it for 20 bucks, so I went to my local Wal-Mart and while there weren't any out on the shelf, this employee was stocking at the moment and had a single copy in the cart he was using.

I had him price check it, and it did indeed come up 20 dollars.

The PH Version and the Non-PH version should have the same UPC, so if you see a normal copy of Oblivion, it should ring up for $20 as well.

does anyone know how much the collector's edition oblivion cost? Local Walmart still got tons of copies.

this was discussed before when CC has the game on sale for $23.xx I was able to price match at Best Buy for the GOTY ed. at that price LOL and ended up selling it on eBay to pick up the regular non-PH at my walmart for $19.xx about a month or two ago. SWEET

[quote name='62t']Walmart doesnt do clearance. At most it is a universal markdown.[/QUOTE]
Walmart most certainly does do clearance, but not usually on console games.

[quote name='radjago']Walmart most certainly does do clearance, but not usually on console games.[/QUOTE]

What i mean is it is up to the individual store, so not the universal clearance that we are used to.

[quote name='meager']Actually, their website has a whole clearance section...

http://www.walmart.com/search/browse-ng.do?ic=24_0&ref=125866.125866+500501.500683

some good gamecube games in there.[/QUOTE]
walmart.com and B&M are not the same

[quote name='62t']What i mean is it is up to the individual store, so not the universal clearance that we are used to.

walmart.com and B&M are not the same[/quote]
I'm sorry but this is just absolutely untrue. Walmart does do store-specific clearance. I have been to one store where something was marked down and gone to another store (and scanned it) and it was full price.

[quote name='radjago']Walmart most certainly does do clearance, but not usually on console games.[/QUOTE]

and its usually YMMV

I have a couple of questions about Oblivion.

Can you rent the Shivering Isles and load it onto your 360 and then it will stay forever? Or how does that work?

[quote name='CuE-TiP']I have a couple of questions about Oblivion.

Can you rent the Shivering Isles and load it onto your 360 and then it will stay forever? Or how does that work?[/quote]

No, if I remember correctly it loads from the disc, to keep people from doing that I guess.

Well, their website says $30, but I am sure that it is different in stores.

Aside from that, this is a SWEET deal!!! I am going to buy a 360 this weekend, so I will pick this up for sure!

I was gonna buy Halo 3, but for the same price I will buy this for $20 and The Orange Box for $40 at Best Buy.

I can't wait, thanks for the news!

[quote name='spsummers']No, if I remember correctly it loads from the disc, to keep people from doing that I guess.[/QUOTE]
no, it install to the HDD

[quote name='Oakenshield']Well, their website says $30, but I am sure that it is different in stores.

Aside from that, this is a SWEET deal!!! I am going to buy a 360 this weekend, so I will pick this up for sure!

I was gonna buy Halo 3, but for the same price I will buy this for $20 and The Orange Box for $40 at Best Buy.

I can't wait, thanks for the news![/quote]

ah, the sweet joy of getting an x360 for the first time...enjoy it!

[quote name='gorgo']Sorry if this is a repost, I couldn't find it with search. This does not appear to be a YMMV, it was in their "cheap" game section, lotsa copies, clearly priced with the end of row pricetag.[/quote]

I posted it a while back in the price drop thread, actually.

[quote name='Oakenshield']I was at Walmart and they only had GOTY editions... :([/quote]

Same here. He said they had the $19.99 one but when I asked if they had anymore or if they would PM (A HUGE REACH) he checked and said he couldn't. But at least he checked.

If someone can pick up a copy at the $19 price and is willing to ship it to me please PM me. I have looked at 3 Walmarts and they only have the GOTY at Reg. Price.

bread's done
Back