Oblivion GOTY edition question

mcgavin27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I was just wondering whether or not the expansion that come with the GOTY of Oblivion are on the disc or come on a separate disc. If they are separate, what stops people from just passing the disc around and downloading them?

dee dee dee question...

It's the same disc, but the expansion never downloads onto your hdd. Just like the Xbox Arcade Unplugged vol 1, some people thought the games dl onto your system. Wake up people, do you think microsoft is that stupid. The games are on the disc and stay on the disc

I never bought the GOTY edition, but I did buy the Shivering Isles disc, and it DOES download to your Hard Drive, and you NEVER need the disc again, so yes you could loan it to your friends, or rent it or what ever.

I thought the GOTY also came with the other disc, but I guess I am wrong.

Yeah, I rented the GOTY edition from Gamefly just to install Shivering Isles as I had the original stand alone disc and that worked fine.

well thank you for the quick response. I guess I can rent the GOTY and then borrow my brother-in-law's normal edition to see if it works.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']It's the same disc, but the expansion never downloads onto your hdd. Just like the Xbox Arcade Unplugged vol 1, some people thought the games dl onto your system. Wake up people, do you think microsoft is that stupid. The games are on the disc and stay on the disc[/quote]
Wrong. Seperate disc; hard drive required for installation (says so on the box).

I got it and it is just on a second disc with an install. Kinda of a bad move on the publisher part, but I am not going to complain.

Yes.

I forget though, does the GOTY edition include all the other DLC like Knights of the Nine or whatever?

Also, do saves carry over from the original release?

bread's done
Back