Oblivion GOTY Price Drop (360) $26.99 Used / $29.99 New @ GS B&M

livelife4life1

CAG Veteran
It looks like the price dropped drastically over at gamestop. Which is totally weird considering it's 26.99 used and 29.99 new (but not online), while the basic game is 24.99, you all think they made a mistake?

The basic game is also $29.99 new (although not available online either), this has to be a mistake!

$2.00 more for the expansions and etc is totally crazy and everywhere else it's still around $59.99 new.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=66115

Last edited by a moderator:
bought this when it came out.
icon_smile.gif

lucky for those who are jus buying it now..

Is there any difference between the 360 and PS3 version of Oblivion, GOTY or not? I kind of regret having both consoles and now I have to debate for multi-platform game I want.

Nice. Hopefully other retailers will follow and the game will continue to drop in price over time.

[quote name='allen9917']Is there any difference between the 360 and PS3 version of Oblivion, GOTY or not?[/quote]

Corresponding versions should be the same on both consoles, in terms of content. The GOTY edition obviously contains the expansion packs that are available as downloadable content. I remember hearing that the graphics were slightly better on the PS3, but I don't know firsthand if that's true or not.

[quote name='allen9917']I kind of regret having both consoles and now I have to debate for multi-platform game I want.[/quote]

Yeah, life's a bitch.

[quote name='allen9917']Is there any difference between the 360 and PS3 version of Oblivion, GOTY or not? I kind of regret having both consoles and now I have to debate for multi-platform game I want.[/QUOTE]

I'll take your PS3 off your hands.

I don't know if PS3 has as much ES4:O content as 360, so I'd look that up. 360 Has extra castles and dungeons and stuff, and they are only like 2$ each, so it's not half bad.

How does the GOTY handle the expansion stuff? I assume it's on disc - does this include Shivering Isles or no?

[quote name='allen9917']Is there any difference between the 360 and PS3 version of Oblivion, GOTY or not? I kind of regret having both consoles and now I have to debate for multi-platform game I want.[/quote]

From what I read, the OblivionGOTY for PS3 has a glitch where if you allow yourself to become a vampire, you will ALWAYS be a vampire. I don't think the 360 has this problem, so that would be enough for me to go 360 (if I had one :()

D'oh! This takes the sheen off that $29.99 ad mistake price I got from Gamecrzy a few months back (and have yet to open). :lol:

And though I haven't played either, from what I've seen I'm way more interested in this than Fallout 3, so yeah, it's worth it IMO ;). I was waiting for 2 things before playing Oblivion, though: game installs and a huge chunk of time. Well, the first has arrived, but I'm not sure when the second will happen...

[quote name='JJSP']How does the GOTY handle the expansion stuff? I assume it's on disc - does this include Shivering Isles or no?[/quote]

Yes, it includes Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine which is a smaller expansion or plug-in that includes a few extra quests. It comes with two discs; one with the expansions which you store onto your hard drive and the other is the basic game disc that you use to play. This version was basically for people w/o internet access (xbox live) or who just want a physical copy of the expansions (me).

[quote name='bobphone']Put the price in the title next time, buddy.[/quote]

Or you could say:

"Put the price in the title next time, please."

Same point. Much better approach.

We're all trying to help each other out here. No need to act rude to those trying to assist others with a great deal.

Had get it at this price. Just worked my way through the first dungeon and I am completely floored with what they have done. Morrowind was one of my favorite games and this is already much better due to the way combat is handled.

Same price on the PS3 GOTY version at Amazon according to the front page. Hopefully it will be universal across both platforms. I was just about to pay $30 without the expansions.

bread's done
Back