Oblivion: GOTY (PS3) $29.99 @ Amazon.com

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
just found the PS3 non - GOTY edition at Target today for $20.98 and grabbed it. What is the main difference between the GOTY and standard editions? is it just shivering isles?

I logged well over 100 hours on this game on the PC, but never finished it because other games came along I wanted to play. Lately I've been playing Fallout 3 on PS3 (good lord is this game ridiculous...), and wouldn't mind playing this again when I'm done. I have come to like the controls on the PS3 (didn't think I would), and I never played Shivering Isles.

This is an awesome deal.

[quote name='langdon_alger']just found the PS3 non - GOTY edition at Target today for $20.98 and grabbed it. What is the main difference between the GOTY and standard editions? is it just shivering isles?[/QUOTE]
Yep.

[quote name='mxpowar']Well, you should check out the reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/elderscrolls4oblivion?q=oblivion

You'll be in for treat. :) Plus, you also get the expansion, Shivering Isles, so you can add a few points to the score. :)[/quote]

thanks, gona read this now.
icon_smile.gif

Damn I just paid $250 on games and accessories from amazon. I am thinking about getting this game because I can sale it on ebay for a profit. I also need more games for the PS3 so I might get 2. Damn amazon is robbing me in a good way!

i just got Oblivion today... and i ordered it on wednesday... i beat fallout 3 recently and im down to try bethesda's game before Fallout 3...

oblivion is the game where you start out in jail, and escape through the tunnel right?? Forgot about Morrowwind until someone earlier mentioned it, now I'm second guessing myself if I'm getting the two games mixed up?!

EDIT: I thought the GOTY had nights of the nines expansion, now I'm really confused~~~~~~~

[quote name='brother bendu']Just purchased 2 copies. Selling one of them so I will get my money back. Hopefully it is a good game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah sure.

[quote name='shadowkast']oblivion is the game where you start out in jail, and escape through the tunnel right?? Forgot about Morrowwind until someone earlier mentioned it, now I'm second guessing myself if I'm getting the two games mixed up?!

EDIT: I thought the GOTY had nights of the nines expansion, now I'm really confused~~~~~~~[/QUOTE]

Oblivion for the PS3 already had Knights of the Nine already in it. The GOTY Edition has Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine.

[quote name='lito88']Yeah sure.

Oblivion for the PS3 already had Knights of the Nine already in it. The GOTY Edition has Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine.[/quote]

I love all the sarcastic people that are on this forum. What do you mean by "yeah sure?" I am buying two copies for less than $60. If I sell one of them for $35-$50 on Ebay or somewhere else, I will not be losing.

[quote name='brother bendu']I love all the sarcastic people that are on this forum. What do you mean by "yeah sure?" I am buying two copies for less than $60. If I sell one of them for $35-$50 on Ebay or somewhere else, I will not be losing.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop dropped the price to 30 dollars new; you should take a look at current ebay listings before purchasing a second copy to flip.

I can't decide if I should buy Oblivion and SI seperate to avoid that vampire glitch. Any recommendation? Thanks.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Damn it - why can't this be for 360!![/QUOTE]

As mentioned above, Gamestop is selling this title for 30 dollars. This is for both 360 and ps3.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Great - thanks. I only read pages 1 and 4. ;)[/QUOTE]

No problem, but my post was right above yours :)

[quote name='antifood']Gamestop dropped the price to 30 dollars new; you should take a look at current ebay listings before purchasing a second copy to flip.[/quote]

I did and a few of the PS3 versions are selling over $30. It say most people sell the copies for $40. Also I can try to sell it higher on another place. Like I said if I can sell it between $35-$50 that will be a win for me. Thanks for the heads up response and I respect the way you told me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Orrimarrko']Damn it - why can't this be for 360!![/quote]
Amazon has this for $29.99 for 360. If you follow the link that was provided in the first post, then click on the Xbox 360 version, Below where it says $59.99 it will say
"11 new from $29.99". Amazon is the seller selling it for $30.

[quote name='Esper']Oblivion for the PS3 is now 27.99, just a 2 dollar price drop from (29.99).[/quote]

I don't think you are looking at the right version. PS3 GOY edition is still 29.99.

[quote name='n10zguy']I don't think you are looking at the right version. PS3 GOY edition is still 29.99.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, my mistake. I looked at the wrong version.

Two things:

1 - is this a permanent price drop at Amazon or is it just one of their 15 days of Christmas deals?

2 - How come I can't find info on the Gamestop price drop? I was there on Saturday (Dec 6) trading in games for credit and the price was still the full $60. Given my store credit, I'll definitely pick it up at Gamestop assuming the price has dropped.

Thanks in advance

[quote name='kevin82485']It is definitely $29.99 for Xbox 360 on Amazon now. Anyone who wants it for 360 can get it[/QUOTE]

I do, and I did!

[quote name='cheapnpoor']I can't decide if I should buy Oblivion and SI seperate to avoid that vampire glitch. Any recommendation? Thanks.[/quote]

Honestly avoiding being a vampire is very easy, if you contract it through a vampire it's easy enough to use a cure disease potion/spell. If you actually want to become one test it out on a secondary account or secondary save file.

Glitches are a pain in the ass in Oblivion and are everywhere, it's a smart thing to manually save a couple of times, often. That way if you get screwed by one you can go back to another point.

[quote name='Johan22']Two things:

1 - is this a permanent price drop at Amazon or is it just one of their 15 days of Christmas deals?

2 - How come I can't find info on the Gamestop price drop? I was there on Saturday (Dec 6) trading in games for credit and the price was still the full $60. Given my store credit, I'll definitely pick it up at Gamestop assuming the price has dropped.

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Resolved.

1 - it may not be permanent at Amazon but the Gamestop told me it's more than likely permanent so likely it'll be across the board.

2 - Again, $29.99 at Gamestop as well.

I went to my local Wal-Mart tonite (in York, SC) and the GOTY PS3 was tagged $29.99. It was a regular white tag, so I'm guessing this a permanent drop. Probably about time to pick it up, as I just finished Fallout 3.

I got the 360 GOTY version from Best Buy yesterday for $29.99. I would have gotten it from Amazon, but I was guessing it would have been the Platinum Hits version of the game they send.

I finally found a sealed GOTY 360 copy at GameStop, and called my friend and he was like "GameStop sells sealed games?".

Installed Knights of the Nine, and Shivering Isles. Pulled out my OXM Disc 67, installed Thieves Den, and Wizard's Tower. Then went to the marketplace and re-downloaded The Fighter's Stronghold (since I obtained it within the first week, when it was offered free).

twen-oblivion.jpg

Unless someone recommends paying extra for more DLC, this doesn't sound like a bad start for extra content, all for the low price of $30 store credit :)

[quote name='langdon_alger']just found the PS3 non - GOTY edition at Target today for $20.98 and grabbed it. What is the main difference between the GOTY and standard editions? is it just shivering isles?[/quote]
There were tons of Oblivion ($21) and Aerosmith Guitar Hero (~15 bucks) for the PS3. I thought of grabbing Oblivion just because of the price but I would never have time to play it.

Looks like I'll be buying this game... again. I picked Oblivion up at launch and have played it feverishly for about two years. I've bought and resold the game 3 times now(I keep telling myself I'm done with it, but get drawn back in), and haven't even finished the main quest. I bought the expansion back on my 360(didn't get very far though) but since I don't have my 360 anymore and this has gone down in price I think I might have to pick it up on the PS3. This game is my woman: we spend lots of time together, break up occasionly, and I can't help but think of how much better she'd be with an upgrade. Or maybe I'm just hypnotized by the NPC's ultra-shiny, lifeless eyes.

bread's done
Back