Oblivion Problems!?!

laserazer

CAGiversary!
I got Oblivion for the xbox 360, and I'm loving the game so far. It's way long. But just recently I'm experiencing the game freezing on me during loading screens. Does anyone know why or how to fix this problem? Is this a problem with the game or the system? I don't think its a overheating issue because the game would freeze about half an hour or an hour into the game (the system is placed in a well ventilated area). Thx for the help.

The game is known to have some Dirty Disc Errors...does your just freeze though? Mine always gives me the DDE and then goes to the Dashboard.

I get the DDE all the time with this stupid game. I also had it freeze on me a few times but not nearly as much. Also, Burnout Revenge gives me a DDE about every 20 minutes. I love it.

never had a single problem with this game so far, no freezing no DDE, nothing, i clear the HD cache everytime i start the game up, have you tried that?

I had it freeze once on me then I did the hold "A" trick on reset and I haven't had a problem since.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Its not freezing, the game is just that slow.[/QUOTE]
Why post this when we can see your gamercard and see that you haven't played it. :roll:

make sure you wipe your hard drive cache every few times you play by holding A while the game boots up..it'll make a world of difference.

~b

I've not had a single freezing issue with it, or my 360 for that matter (touches wood). I got it at launch. The only glitch I had is breaking 20 lockpicks within 30 seconds, and the clicking sound it made just replayed over and over and over...

Does anyone else have this problem with Oblivion? I start playing, 3 hours pass, and I'm like "When the hell did it become 11 PM and why didn't I want to eat or take a dump in that time?"

[quote name='cleaver']Does anyone else have this problem with Oblivion? I start playing, 3 hours pass, and I'm like "When the hell did it become 11 PM and why didn't I want to eat or take a dump in that time?"[/QUOTE]
Everyday, change 11PM to 1AM though.

I had the freezing problem. Clearing the cache didn't help, so I exchanged the game at BB. Luckily they still had LE's. The new copy works much better. Neither one had scratches, nor does any other game give my 360 a problem. I am still stumped.

The first couple of days (about the first 10 hours of gameplay) the game froze about 4 times on me. The last week or so (30 hours or so of gameplay) it hasn't frozen at all. I'm not doing anything different than before so who knows.

As far as the overall technical problems with Oblivion, does no one remember how horrendously glitchy Morrowind was? Oblivion is polished to a fine shine compared to Morrowind as far as random freezes, long load times, and overal glitches go.

My game will crash randomly when I try to save or load if my PC has been on standby.

Other than that, my biggest problem is the damn lockpicks break even when I hit it at the right time.

[quote name='Kayden']
Other than that, my biggest problem is the damn lockpicks break even when I hit it at the right time.[/quote]

I think that means that you're NOT hitting it at the right time ;)

I fancy myself a lock pick pro now. I had to go through a dungeon full of locks with just 2 picks so I got patient and got good.

I usually tap it up a good 5 or 10 times just to get a feel for each pin's frequency of going up fast or slow. Then you can semi-predict when the slows are coming if you wait for the fasts. You can also just react to each individual hit.

I didnt like the whole mini-game that lock picking was at first. But its really grown on me. It really requires YOUR personal skill to pick a lock.

I hate it because to me its really not skill. You have either .25 of a second or .5 of a second to hit the mouse. If you're off by .01 second you fail. Its not so much as skill as it is half luck and half patience.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I think that means that you're NOT hitting it at the right time ;)

I fancy myself a lock pick pro now. I had to go through a dungeon full of locks with just 2 picks so I got patient and got good.

I usually tap it up a good 5 or 10 times just to get a feel for each pin's frequency of going up fast or slow. Then you can semi-predict when the slows are coming if you wait for the fasts. You can also just react to each individual hit.

I didnt like the whole mini-game that lock picking was at first. But its really grown on me. It really requires YOUR personal skill to pick a lock.[/quote]

[quote name='Number83']I've not had a single freezing issue with it, or my 360 for that matter (touches wood). I got it at launch. The only glitch I had is breaking 20 lockpicks within 30 seconds, and the clicking sound it made just replayed over and over and over...[/QUOTE]
Thats happened to me before, just probably not that exact way I got that glitch.

Id also say im near pro at picklocking, there is a extreamly small window to hit A, and I can do it near perfect everytime, just need confidence, little patience, and good judgement of hitting A right before it hits the top. I usually wait for the loose tumbler, one goes up and down pretty quick, then after that one I think its easiest.

This happened several times on just one time I was in jail, and couldnt do anything. Just let your 360 rest, and delete the cache when you get back on.

[quote name='spoo']Why post this when we can see your gamercard and see that you haven't played it. :roll:[/quote]

OOOOOHHH! The magical gamecard concept! You know me, Everytime I use a demo display at EB, I sign in as me.... hey I've got friends outside of CAG, and they love it when I create my profile, sign on to live (Even though they dont have broadband) and I sign in and bring over my stats and achievements... EVERYTIME!

Really, could you be more ignorant? I dont have to sign as me, to try a game. So could everyone stop using the retarded gamecard BS?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']OOOOOHHH! The magical gamecard concept! You know me, Everytime I use a demo display at EB, I sign in as me.... hey I've got friends outside of CAG, and they love it when I create my profile, sign on to live (Even though they dont have broadband) and I sign in and bring over my stats and achievements... EVERYTIME!

Really, could you be more ignorant? I dont have to sign as me, to try a game. So could everyone stop using the retarded gamecard BS?[/QUOTE]

Oh noes you played Oblivion for 5-30 min now you have a reason to troll around on a topic about Oblivion, you really owned me :roll:

Did you have any thing to add in your post to help the OP?
No the only thing you had to add was a pointless troll post. Then you come back and try defending yourself with name calling. You must have been called out before if you are getting so worked up about the gamercard. My advice for you is to keep your opinions to yourself unless you actually played a game and no I don't consider playing a game over at a friends place or a demo playing the game, it is more like taking it out on a test drive.

[quote name='spoo']Oh noes you played Oblivion for 5-30 min now you have a reason to troll around on a topic about Oblivion, you really owned me :roll:

Did you have any thing to add in your post to help the OP?
No the only thing you had to add was a pointless troll post. Then you come back and try defending yourself with name calling. You must have been called out before if you are getting so worked up about the gamercard. My advice for you is to keep your opinions to yourself unless you actually played a game and no I don't consider playing a game over at a friends place or a demo playing the game, it is more like taking it out on a test drive.[/QUOTE]

that was hardly trolling and the 'omg its not on yer gamercard!!! liar!' bit is really... REALLY chidlish and quite frankly rather stupid.

guess what? i've been playing Far Cry and... it's not on my gamercard!!

magic? no... am i lying right now...? NO.

i just haven't signed on to XBL since playing it

try not to let your head explode, simpleton

[quote name='PKRipp3r']that was hardly trolling and the 'omg its not on yer gamercard!!! liar!' bit is really... REALLY chidlish and quite frankly rather stupid.

guess what? i've been playing Far Cry and... it's not on my gamercard!!

magic? no... am i lying right now...? NO.

i just haven't signed on to XBL since playing it

try not to let your head explode, simpleton[/quote]

**Bell Rings** "Achievement Unlocked"

Burning Spoo for his ignorance. [250 points]

Mine locked up yesterday when opening the door to Northern Goods and Trade in Chorrol, but it hasn't done it again since.

People, just be glad you don't have the PC version. That thing is trash.

EDIT: Locked up in Perfect Dark Zero, but that game has a little scratch on it. I'm going to be furious if my new system is malfunctioning.

*Sigh* Should I have posted what I posted probably not, would I have posted it if I (here is the kicker) didn't already have something to add to the thread in a helping manner, no. Now in the days of Gamercards we can see what others have been playing. Do I truly care if you have or have not played Oblivion? No, I could care less but I found that you were wrongfully accusing Oblivion of being slow. Maybe you were just trying to make a funny but I didn’t laugh or see the humor in you post.

Could you have played it on PC? Yes. Could you have played it at a peer’s house? Yes. Could you have played it with another Gamertag? Yes. My point is you could have found the PC game slow but maybe not the 360 version. I have heard that the PC version runs slow on PCs that do not meet the recommended requirements and this being on the 360 board this is one of the points that I was leaning towards.

I can see you have the working with the mind frame to come to post on the forums so you can “burn” other posters for self gratification. This is sad, and my OP my post was to A) try help OP with his problem B) State my disagreement how can you call a game slow if you have not spent some quality special time with Oblivion, not to “Burn” you.

We are acting like children with this pointless bickering, enough said.

Back on Topic; laserazer have you found a fix for your loading problems?

[quote name='spoo']I can see you have the working with the mind frame to come to post on the forums so you can “burn” other posters for self gratification. This is sad, and my OP my post was to A) try help OP with his problem B) State my disagreement how can you call a game slow if you have not spent some quality special time with Oblivion, not to “Burn” you.[/quote]

Oh, I see... yeah, you're right... the eye rolling really helps and is 100% sincere. For a second there I thought you were just being a smartass like me. Good to know you use those powers for the good of mankind.

[quote name='spoo']Why post this when we can see your gamercard and see that you haven't played it. :roll:[/quote]

[quote name='Mookyjooky']**Bell Rings** "Achievement Unlocked"

Burning Spoo for his ignorance. [250 points][/QUOTE]

no! lies!!

i dun see teh acheevmunt on ur gamerkard omg!!!!

*listens to linkin park*

It happened to me plenty. I cleared the cache a couple times but never thought to do it EVERY TIME. That would be rather retarded if that was necessary.

What's starting to annoy me is it's happened once or twice in the mean time with Burnout Revenge. I just hope to Christ this isn't sign of things to come.

bread's done
Back