Oblivion Ps3

Cheapass24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
So i started playing this game today, and i thought i would love it. I wasn't impressed. Once the tutorial was over, the game was a lot better, but it got really dull, really quick. I spent about an hour exploring the land that really only has, grass, trees, and the occasional wolf. The combat is just meh, aiming the right analog stick feels clunky and melee combat feels too hack and slash. Then i went into the nearby town, and it was just, felt too empty. Granted i only played for 2 hours but this game just wasn't what i thought it would be.

Join the Dark Brotherhood guild and the game gets hella interesting and fun. Just kill a random person and then go to sleep. When you wake up, do what the black cloak guy says. Probably the best guild in the game.

I think it really requires to get into it, and once you do, join the dark brotherhood, or the thieves guild ( i forget what they are called:)). But once you do that, it becomes hella fun!

you need to get further into the game to really experience the joys of being the champion of cyrodil(big spoiler oops).

go to the imperial city and join the area guild or do the main quest the dark brother hood is pretty sweet anyways this isn't a review!!! =(

yeah, this game is a total letdonw from my pov. I expected better fraphics, or atleast more engrossing fighting systems, seems to be very inaccurate if terms of fighting. also, why should anyone give up 7 hours of really boring game till they get to the fun?

Funny story about the Dark Brotherhood..

I killed a random person and went to sleep and he visited. As he was leaving, I decided that I wanted his cloak and I was going to be stupid and attack him, so I did. What I didn't expect, though, was three customers of the Inn to run upstairs and join the beatdown. The leader of the Dark Brotherhood was dead, I got a pop-up message stating that the Dark Brotherhood quests/missions/activities were no longer available to me.. and I stole his cloak.

The game IS kinda dull.. which is why I made my guy a ninja! He sucks at fighting but I have the skeleton key and I can pick the keys off of a guard that's standing at alert. It's fun.

I have to disagree. I found this game very, very fun and interesting. I had clocked in over 60 hours and then randomly, I turn on my PS3 and find that my hard drive had been compromised and apparently I lost all of my data, I was crushed to say the least. I just can't bring myself to play it again though.
As other people have said. join a guild, they are all really fun

I agree with all the others that the game is exciting and give it a little more of a chance
and the guy that killed lucien lachance....lol

The game does pick up after a time, and after you've acquired some renown (or scorn depending upon how you play it), you'll start seeing a grander story unfold... plus there is a metric TON of stuff to explore and visit (and loot!) that you'll be going all over the place just to find an abandoned mine to loot. ;)

I finished the game (and the shivering Isles expansion, which I highly recommend as a great story...), and it's worth the effort to put into it. This isn't a 10 hour game... you'll be playing it for months if you want to finish everything.

Guild Quests are fun. Daedric Shrine Quests are also really interesting (and can drop some SERIOUS loot as rewards.) The game rewards patience and chattiness. (Talk to everyone and flesh out stories, quests, and hints.)

The fun thing about Oblivion is the main quest will wait as long as you want. You can go through a great chunk of the game without touching the main quest.

What Mechafenris says is very true. You don't have to complete the main quest right away. You would die alot cause i was level 20 and failed the last quest like 3 times. But in the end, I played this game for about 2 months and tried to max out everything(which is also challenging). Give it more of a chance and it can be tons of fun. Plus, if you don't like the regular game, get Shivering isles cause thats a whole mind boggling experience.

And yes, daedric shrines are the best and i salute you for going through them Mechafenris.

EDIT: Still lol about lucien lachance

If you think the game is disappointing and haven't at the very least put 10 hours into it...you're doing it very wrong. Go join a guild (or better yet) kill an innocent person and then go to sleep...the dark brotherhood will find you.

[quote name='Scorch']Funny story about the Dark Brotherhood..

I killed a random person and went to sleep and he visited. As he was leaving, I decided that I wanted his cloak and I was going to be stupid and attack him, so I did. What I didn't expect, though, was three customers of the Inn to run upstairs and join the beatdown. The leader of the Dark Brotherhood was dead, I got a pop-up message stating that the Dark Brotherhood quests/missions/activities were no longer available to me.. and I stole his cloak.[/quote]
LMAO, I did the EXACT same thing (without the people beating on him) for his cloak thinking it would let me turn invisible. Now I find that I'm missing some of the best missions in the game.

This game is awesome; I was of the same opinion as you are after the first few hours. After about 5 hours I started getting into it and after 10 I was hooked. This is still one of my favorite games and I've logged 60+ hours in and am not even 1/3 the way though the main quest. Once you start getting better weapons and leveling up (which you need to sleep at an Inn or what-not to do) you'll start enjoying it.

Also, make sure you are using a character type you really want to play with, that makes a world of difference as well.

I spent several days going into elf-dungeons and picking bandits off from the shadows one by one before I ever entered an oblivion gate or advanced the plot. I decided to be a redguard and just killed and looted and killed and looted before I ever headed back to the capitol.

"Hello? Is somebody there? "

Me: mix stuff to make poison, poison arrow, aim, release....SHUNKTCH!

Check body for Loot loot loot and for amusing arrow puncture effects. If possible try to get the body to rag doll down some steps.

Collect nearby glowing elf-stone things.

Find next bandit,

Repeat.

Eventually I sarted running into undeads and picking locks and raising my destruction skill and sword fighting and THEN I started doing quests.

Once I put on some shoes that let me walk on water and got animals to chase me onto the water and they drowned.

Another time I ran into two imperial soldiers shooting arrows into each other. When one dropped the killer walked over to the body, looked at me, and said "Gasp! This man's been murdered! "

Another time in town some guy ran past me then the whole town chasing him and shooting spells at him. Why? I dunno. Racism maybe. He was a cat-guy.

I thought it was an execellent game though it was lacking in variety of scenery compared to morrowwind which had people living in towers, giant crab shells, or giant plants and mushrooms and stuff. Also I missed the plantations, the evil volcano, the hammer skull-crusher, levitation, super jumping, being pursued by assassins, and "uncle sweet share" from the previous games.

I was disappointed when I first started playing. trying to shoot someone with an arrow is ridiculously hard with the controls even if they are just walking around. and hand to hand is equally frustrating at times. trying to switch spells while running around in the dark or have the monster run behind you and then you can't even find them. ugg. they should switch to a fun robust system like mortal combat or dragonball z or something, anything else when a battle starts. that would have been the sh*t. The storyline and huge interactive world to explore is the real reason to play this though. But if they just improved the combat it would double the awesomeness. Just imagine it.

bread's done
Back