Obnoxious Xbox 360 bundles ship 12/12 at GameStop.com

My Gamestop hasn't even received their 2nd shipment (you know, the ones supposedly shipping out weekly) and they are selling these things online. That is so shitty. They aren't even sure if they are getting their second shipment before X-Mas.

[quote name='CheapyD']
Where do they come up with these names, American Gladiator re-runs?[/QUOTE]

Once I see a Storm bundle, I will officaly crap my pants.

Well since the premimum system goes for $700-$800ish on eBay right now on average this might not be a bad deal... lol

I was just thinking that.

Get the turbo bundle, sell the premium for like 700-800 on eBay, sell whatever games you dont want, and keep the accessories and games you do want.

Then again, I dont have 1,000 to invest :p

Yeah too bad they didnt have a bundle in the $600-$700ish range and I would jump on it. Even if it was a core since I already got a HD.

Does Gamestop allow exchanges on the video games down the road? Probably not.

So they don't have enough 360's to cover the people who preordered with their B&M, but they do have enough to bundle-rape consumers on their website. Great karma :roll:

[quote name='miniarnold']So they don't have enough 360's to cover the people who preordered with their B&M, but they do have enough to bundle-rape consumers on their website. Great karma :roll:[/QUOTE]
Pretty much what I was thinking. No bare bone systems just ass raping bundles.

Well, I was going to make a smarmy remark about paying $800 for the premium console with no games, but lanleague did a fine job of articulating my point without being a jackass. Consider my ego deflated.

Think this will stay in stock till tommorow? Might be able to get a premium at target tommorow and not sure if I want to jump the gun on this one.

[quote name='Sulik2']Think this will stay in stock till tommorow? Might be able to get a premium at target tommorow and not sure if I want to jump the gun on this one.[/QUOTE]

Then order this and cancel when you come home from Target with a Premium tomorrow. It's not going to ship until the 12th, so if you give them a call it shouldn't be a problem.

Good idea there, but upon further review, just way to much stuff I have no interest in. I can have patience, buy unbundled and get games with store credit like a good little CAG.

after eBaying the system and games, i could probably walk away with $100 or so , and all the accessories for when i buy a normal priced bundle......but i think its too much of a hassle, and too much of a risk.

That is completely unfair if they are selling bundles online before all their B&M orders are fulfilled. That is completely wrong in every way.

I can guarantee you, many people have bought this bundle, mostly because really rich people don't care how much they spend on something they want, :D

Is it really a bad bundle? Look at Turbo bundle: $400 (premium) + $420 (seven $60 games) + 2 controllers ($100) + 2 charge kits ($40) + 2 books ($40) = $1000. The only problem is that you probably don't want all the games and the books but its just retail pricing on everything.

It's bad when they don't have their B&M orders fulfilled yet and they are gouging online customers by selling bundles instead of giving (edit: B&M) customers what they paid for.

If it makes you feel any better I'm sure they will probably screw everyone who orders this by not shipping till after Xmas. I don't care what they advertise, I don't believe it.

Can you return the crap you don't want B&M? I don't see how they could deny a return of unopened merchandise...

[quote name='javeryh']Can you return the crap you don't want B&M? I don't see how they could deny a return of unopened merchandise...[/QUOTE]

Gamestop doesnt allow B&M returns (at least if you tell them you bought it online)

I'm so tempted... I could eBay the system for $800+ and the games and crap for MSRP (or try returning them B&M)... hmmm...

Its not worth it. I don't think you're going to get full MSRP for the games/accessories. Plus ebay is going to stick you with their double dip auction fee/paypal screw job.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm so tempted... I could eBay the system for $800+ and the games and crap for MSRP (or try returning them B&M)... hmmm...[/QUOTE]

Yea, i was thinking the same thing - BUT - its going to be $1100 after tax and shipping.

Say you get 800 for the xbox, and $50 avg per game, thats only $1150. So right now you have the accessories and $50(assuming paypal/ebay fees didnt dwindle that to 0).
I dunno, seems like too much hassle/risk for 50 bucks and two wireless controllers

i plan on just shipping the crap i don't want back to gamestop.com for a refund. on the order status everything is itemized so you can see how they come up with the price. i don't see how there could be a problem with returning everything for a refund other than the 360, just have to deal with some hassle and wait for the $600 or so back on my credit card:

itemized order status for anyone curious:

http://www.2115films.com/images/xbox360order.jpg

I went for it! huzzah! I'm keepin the 360 and an extra plug n play and controller and keeping pdz and cod2. the rest will get happily returned to a GS brick n mortar.
I think it's wrong that they are shipping these before preorders are filled (watch them not come on the 12th, I don't doubt it). If I get the run around, I'll just cancel, no biggie.

I DID notice they don't mention the guides AND the plug n play are backordered (?!) yet they have them instock on the site. I smell wonkyness...

I read their return policy, no B&M returns. It must all go through Gamestop.com. But there are no limitations about returning things sold to you as part of a bundle.

Aside from Madden & the 2 Guides I say the Turbo bundle it a good deal compared to that insanity of Ebay, I would actually email that to all the Jackasses who emptied out the saving's for a bare console ;)

Because you touch yourself at night!

No, really doe, what browser are you using? My crappy IE and Yahoo browser work fine.

[quote name='miniarnold']So they don't have enough 360's to cover the people who preordered with their B&M, but they do have enough to bundle-rape consumers on their website. Great karma :roll:[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

I wouldnt be suprised if they are ebaying many of theirs for 1000s.
Trying to make up for that 2.5 million loss for their 3rd quarter.

warning. someone on gamefaqs reported buying a bundle from them back in november and they haven't gotten their system yet. Also gamestop started sending out parts of the order seperately and shipped it overnight and charging the customer that extra charge (his example was $60 shipping charge on one game, ridiculous). I am going to call them in a bit and make sure they don't try to screw me also. if you ordered this i recommend giving them a call to make sure they are only going to ship it all together.

[quote name='mmercer13']My Gamestop hasn't even received their 2nd shipment (you know, the ones supposedly shipping out weekly) and they are selling these things online. That is so shitty. They aren't even sure if they are getting their second shipment before X-Mas.[/QUOTE]

I was just in a Gamestop store and talked with an employee about their 360 shipments. He looked in the system and came up with this:

4000 Gamestop stores (that is a lot so it may/may not include Eb's)
3000 360's at their DC.
The systems will be shipped to stores in quantities of 2.

That means 1500/4000 stores will get 2 units to fulfill orders. Not very good numbers if you are waiting for one. Luckily I am a cheap bastard who won't buy one until the price comes down.

Isn't this illegal?? They are contractually OBLIGATED to fulfill purchases that have already transpired. If I had payed for a system for preorder and were still waiting on one, I'd be contacting a lawyer or something. This is absolutely fucking disgusting.

On a side note, Gamestop will be selling a "Turbo High Octane Flamer" bundle with 10 games, a system, and a DVD collection of Richard Simmon's "Sweating To the Oldies" series for a rock bottom low price of $3,000.. and even throw in the "guaranteed" warranty plan that never works.

I was told that they (the store I was at) had already meet all the preorders that were guaranteed. He said they only took gauranteed launch preorders for about a month. Therefore, if the preorder was not a guaranteed one, then you may be in for a long wait...

I hope you folks are able to return the extra shit from the bundles and stick it to gamestop. Hopefully this shit won't happen to us Nintendo fanboys when the revolution is released.

[quote name='javeryh']Can you return the crap you don't want B&M? I don't see how they could deny a return of unopened merchandise...[/QUOTE]

Just a little FYI, i don't know if this is all Worst Buys but the one in Fayetteville NC has a sign up at customer service saying they are accepting returns/exchanges on all open/unopened Xbox 360 merchandise no questions asked. I returned a copy of THUG: American Wasteland I got from my Amazon.com bundle and got $65 in store credit. On a side note, you know the 360 problems are a bigger deal than MS is making it out to be if Worst Buy is doing something like that

[quote name='malrock']Just a little FYI, i don't know if this is all Worst Buys but the one in Fayetteville NC has a sign up at customer service saying they are accepting returns/exchanges on all open/unopened Xbox 360 merchandise no questions asked. I returned a copy of THUG: American Wasteland I got from my Amazon.com bundle and got $65 in store credit. On a side note, you know the 360 problems are a bigger deal than MS is making it out to be if Worst Buy is doing something like that[/QUOTE]

This has something to do with customers complaining that they were forced to buy extra things with the 360s BB sold. They were made to feel that if they didn't buy bundled items, they couldn't buy the system, so BB corporate sent out a memo about this - so should be all BB's

[quote name='Jeoff']That is completely unfair if they are selling bundles online before all their B&M orders are fulfilled. That is completely wrong in every way.[/QUOTE]
Not to defend ebgames or gamestop (I never would) but their b&m and online sales are operated independently. So it is possible that while the stores didn't get their second shipment their online warehouse did.

bread's done
Back