October Deals Of The Week

fart_bubble

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/09/xbla_deals_of_the_week_for_oct.php

Microsoft appear to have gotten the message - people want Xbox Live Arcade games in their Deals of The Week. After a month with 4 games at cut prices, October plans to continue the trend with 3 more.

Buku Sudoku will be on sale next week starting on October 5th. This Sudoku game is pretty much all you'll need in terms of console Sudoku, heck it has online multiplayer Sudoku. The game will drop from 800MSP to 400MSP for this week.

Jewel Quest was the 18th game made available for Xbox Live Arcade, way back in March 2006. On October 19th the game will drop from 800MSP to 400MSP. It's a different take on the Match-3 game style, but be warned - the game has certainly not aged well in terms of XBLA games, it looks rough just in terms of overall presentation, but it's still a decent puzzle game.

Finally on the 26th Golf: Tee It Up will drop from 800MSP to 400MSP for that week. It's a solid Golf game created by Indie darlings Housemarque. I just wish they kept adding more courses, or did the smart thing of making Avatars playable.

Alongside the XBLA releases the Prince of Persia Epilogue DLC will be on sale for the week of October 12th, and will cost 560MSP instead of 800MSP, further showing publishers complete reluctance to drop anything not XBLA to the magical 50% mark.

[quote name='Anthem85']to bad there only putting in games no one really wants[/QUOTE]

Tee It Up is pretty good if you dig three click golf games. Wish they also threw in the course DLC in with the game markdown.

Haha, I remember buying Buku Sudoku the day it came out thanks to Target and the $10 off 360 games coupon. It's actually really fun if you like sudoku. Easy points, too.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I'm hoping for a Trials HD sale sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

Not likely since it just came out. It'll probably be at least 8-12 months before we see something like that, especially because it got positive feedback and is theoretically selling well at its current price.

I think I have all of those games and they're all pretty decent (not sure if I have jewel quest...). Need more "arcade hits" though, permanent drops. Definitely on the older 800 point games that I'm sure hardly anybody is buying anymore anyway, so I don't see a point in keeping the prices up.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Not likely since it just came out. It'll probably be at least 8-12 months before we see something like that, especially because it got positive feedback and is theoretically selling well at its current price.[/QUOTE]
I figured as much but I have a large backlog so it will be sometime before I get a chance to play anything new.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Not likely since it just came out. It'll probably be at least 8-12 months before we see something like that, especially because it got positive feedback and is theoretically selling well at its current price.[/QUOTE]
You're right. I went ahead and dropped the 1200 for it once I got all my AXE body spray MS points. I do not regret it one bit.

bread's done
Back