OCZ Diesel 16GB Flash Drive for $15.99 After MIR (Newegg)

jfinney_666

CAGiversary!
Link

Mail-in rebate form (PDF)

Yes, you do need to fill out a mail-in rebate, but at $16 + $3 shipping, I don't think you can go wrong. My total came out to $28.98. If you subtract the MIR, then it's $18.98, which is less than I paid for a 2GB drive about 2-3 months ago.

Also, it is getting good reviews by those who have bought it.

I give credit to lifehacker.com for this deal, I found it through them. Here is the link to that article. I just thought I would try to expose it to some new people.

Good deal if you remember to send in those darn rebates :drool:

Does this have a led activity light on it like the Rally2 does?

OCZ makes good flash drives but I can't stand the bright flashing led.

I looked, and I can't find anything about whether or not the darn thing blinks. I don't know, mine hasn't arrived yet. That leads me to believe that it won't blink. Although, that is probably something that nobody really talks about much, so who knows.

EDIT: I searched the reviews on newegg for "led" and it returned one with someone saying that they dislike the red LED on it. They wish it was blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I searched myself and found this review which sums up OCZ flash drives for me. Nonetheless if you need a flash drive for occasional use or just to carry a few files around this is a good product.

"Red LED at the end of the drive could be annoying. You need to keep track of the cap or it will be lost."

Nice deal. Too bad I just bought the 8gb Super Talent Micro drive (which is fantastic by the way). I'd consider picking this up if it didn't require the rebate and shipping was free...but thats asking a little too much.

bread's done
Back