Odd situation with Lolwaut

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigo707

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
We were trading we decided i would ship first so i did i shipped out on January 23 The package arrived January 26
i told him i shipped on the 23rd and he hasn't gone on since then

Btw it was my Gripshift for psp for his Gta 4 for 360

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rigo707']Well we were trading i sent the game 1st it arrived on the 26th i have not received anything or heard from him since the 23rd[/quote]
Wait, it took 25 days for him to receive the game?

[quote name='rigo707']Of course 26-23=25[/quote]
Ah, I misread it. I read it as the "1st" not that you shipped first. You even went back and edited the OP because the way you wrote it made it seem like you shipped the 1st. The original OP didn't even mention the 23rd.

You're jumping the gun a bit, it's only the 31st.

[quote name='naes']Ah, I misread it. I read it as the "1st" not that you shipped first. You even went back and edited the OP because the way you wrote it made it seem like you shipped the 1st. The original OP didn't even mention the 23rd.

You're jumping the gun a bit, it's only the 31st.[/quote]

Then why hasn't he been on been on since the 23rd

[quote name='rigo707']Then why hasn't he been on been on since the 23rd[/quote]
Ask him yourself, he has his AIM screen name listed.

He only received it the 26th. Just wait. It's the 31st.

Stuff getting to me usually takes the full time... (I'm lucky like that) Assuming he sent it on the 23rd it's only been 8 days (Not counting Sun) so I'd wait til monday before starting to worry about it. Not to mention it sounds like maybe you did faster shipping than him?

[quote name='pimpinc333']He's walking that shit you your house bro. How do you expect him to sign onto a computer?[/quote]

Go to the library xD

[quote name='rigo707']Go to the library xD[/quote]
Looks like you even know it's too early if you're making jokes about it now.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Stuff getting to me usually takes the full time... (I'm lucky like that) Assuming he sent it on the 23rd it's only been 8 days (Not counting Sun) so I'd wait til monday before starting to worry about it. Not to mention it sounds like maybe you did faster shipping than him?[/quote]

Yeah i shipped priority

OP, are you sure you even traded with lolwaut? He doesn't own a 360 from what I can tell. He does own a PS3 though.

[quote name='naes']OP, are you sure you even traded with lolwaut? He doesn't own a 360 from what I can tell. He does own a PS3 though.[/quote]

I am positive

:360:Grand Theft Auto IV (Disc has a few light scratches but works great - Manual is included but no map)

he did have this on his list, only 360 game on his list though

[quote name='lolwut?']There's just too much to say, lol.

And please note that he is NOT talking about me, haha[/quote]

I actually though he was. I thought maybe he put the a in by mistake. Glad you cleared that up, and op you should have waited as everyone else has already said.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']:360:Grand Theft Auto IV (Disc has a few light scratches but works great - Manual is included but no map)

he did have this on his list, only 360 game on his list though[/quote]
Yeah, turns out he seems to have a few copies of GTA 4 for the 360. I'm talking to someone who knows him, which is how I knew he didn't have a 360.

[quote name='lolwut?']There's just too much to say, lol.

And please note that he is NOT talking about me, haha[/quote]
I thought for a second he might be, and I was like WHAT?! No way. Also, Gripshift for PSP for GTA 4 360 is a bit of a lopsided deal to begin with, you had to smell something fishy when he asked you to ship first no?

EDIT: I just eBay'd it, and am assuming it is the one which allows you to be a pirate on the PSP-3000. =\ Stupid pirates.

[quote name='PenDynasty']How is this a serious thread? It's massive paranoia.

Try for people to go missing for MONTHs and then talk about scammed.[/quote]
The majority of the thread has acknowledged that the OP has been a bit premature with assuming that his end of the bargain is not going to arrive. That being said, he is just showing a little bit of concern, albeit premature concern. However, that is not to say that this is not a scam, just a little bit early to label it as one.

i want to clear a few things up about this trade:

rigo was sent his game. i had a family emergency and i did lose contact with rigo... i was out of town for a month; however, i was concerned that rigo got his game in a timely fashion, and i gave specific instructions to my girlfriend to send the game out after his shipment arrived. she did send the game out per my instructions. with this being said, rigo created this thread about me while i was away. i was totally unaware of the threads existence until i got back into town and a well known, long time CAG member informed me of the thread.

i was also greeted with a neutral feedback rating from rigo. when i confronted rigo about the neutral rating he said it was because i didnt ship priority and he did, not because i lost contact with him. the agreement that rigo and i made prior to the trade was that we would both ship first class parcel, the cheapest way possible. that is indeed how my girlfriend shipped his game... we NEVER discussed shipping the game priority. secondly, the game that he sent me was described to me as "mint" condition. the game was far from mint. in fact, the game was BROKEN... as in, the UMD case was split so bad that my brand new PSP3000 wont even recognize the disc. i have pictures of this and i did send them to rigo via PM.

rigo has since claimed that he is going to make it up to me by sending me a different game. after a week of getting the run around from him, he finally said he could send me guitar hero 3 for ps3, which i agreed to and he said he would ship it out yesterday (wednesday). well what am i greeted with last night when i log into CAG? a PM from rigo asking me if i would take a "rock band usb hub" or a "DS car charger" instead. this was just the most recent of *many* raw deals he has tried to make with me. i dont own a DS, and even if i did i wouldnt want a car charger for it. i have rock band 2 and my instruments are all wireless, therefore i have no need for some gimmiky overpriced USB hub with a rock band logo on it.

NOW he says he is going to send me unreal tournament 3..... which i have agreed to. but, the way this has been going i dont know if he is ever going to send out the thing. i waited so long to post this because i wanted to give rigo the benefit of the doubt, but he has been giving me the run around for much too long now... im not saying not to trade with him, he might end up replacing the broken game he sent me, and if he does, the first thing i will do is post that he has done so in this thread... as of right now, i just want to clear my name, as some people that i have contacted about trades have not gotten back to me... possibly due to this thread. thanks for reading and i'll update with any further action taken by rigo to rectify this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VipFREAK']I don't think I'd trade with you just by looking at your post...[/quote]

that's fine... i wouldn't trade with you either just by looking at yours. i don't think it is unreasonable to want a working game. what am i going to do with a broken game? the game i sent him works, and i described it accurately. the game he sent me is BROKEN. i feel i am the one that got scammed here, yet my name is the one that's dirty. is this not reason to be upset?

I don't think Rigo has a PS3 and is trying to acquire some PS3 game for lolwaut. However by doing this, there's no guarantee what game he'll end up with. I had a chance to see the pictures of the GripShift and it was broken, and I was also very upset with Rigo over leaving neutral feedback during this family emergency and still not taking care of it yet. I'll be honest, at first I thought Rigo might have been a new account of Anbu_Zim (the join date was after he was banned, both from CA, and both are young), but it appears they are not the same.

[quote name='lolwaut']i want to clear a few things up about this trade:

rigo was sent his game. i had a family emergency and i did lose contact with rigo... i was out of town for a month; however, i was concerned that rigo got his game in a timely fashion, and i gave specific instructions to my girlfriend to send the game out after his shipment arrived. she did send the game out per my instructions. with this being said, rigo created this thread about me while i was away. i was totally unaware of the threads existence until i got back into town and a well known, long time CAG member informed me of the thread.

i was also greeted with a neutral feedback rating from rigo. when i confronted rigo about the neutral rating he said it was because i didnt ship priority and he did, not because i lost contact with him. the agreement that rigo and i made prior to the trade was that we would both ship first class parcel, the cheapest way possible. that is indeed how my girlfriend shipped his game... we NEVER discussed shipping the game priority. secondly, the game that he sent me was described to me as "mint" condition. the game was far from mint. in fact, the game was BROKEN... as in, the UMD case was split so bad that my brand new PSP3000 wont even recognize the disc. i have pictures of this and i did send them to rigo via PM.

rigo has since claimed that he is going to make it up to me by sending me a different game. after a week of getting the run around from him, he finally said he could send me guitar hero 3 for ps3, which i agreed to and he said he would ship it out yesterday (wednesday). well what am i greeted with last night when i log into CAG? a PM from rigo asking me if i would take a "rock band usb hub" or a "DS car charger" instead. this was just the most recent of *many* raw deals he has tried to make with me. i dont own a DS, and even if i did i wouldnt want a car charger for it. i have rock band 2 and my instruments are all wireless, therefore i have no need for some gimmiky overpriced USB hub with a rock band logo on it.

NOW he says he is going to send me unreal tournament 3..... which i have agreed to. but, the way this has been going i dont know if he is ever going to send out the thing. i waited so long to post this because i wanted to give rigo the benefit of the doubt, but he has been giving me the run around for much too long now... im not saying not to trade with him, he might end up replacing the broken game he sent me, and if he does, the first thing i will do is post that he has done so in this thread... as of right now, i just want to clear my name, as some people that i have contacted about trades have not gotten back to me... possibly due to this thread. thanks for reading and i'll update with any further action taken by rigo to rectify this situation.[/QUOTE]

I think it's unbelievable that he left you a neutral. Wow.

wow, he left you neutral feedback even though he got the game, and he sent you a broken game? thats messed up good luck with getting this resolved.

If a trade sound to good to be true never ship or continue with the trade. It would usually end up like this. First of all he could of gotten more than just a PSP game for GTA IV didn't you think he could scam you.

I also adjusted the title of the thread, since the OP is such a wordsmith about the situation, giving us all these details.

[quote name='lolwaut']that's fine... i wouldn't trade with you either just by looking at yours. i don't think it is unreasonable to want a working game. what am i going to do with a broken game? the game i sent him works, and i described it accurately. the game he sent me is BROKEN. i feel i am the one that got scammed here, yet my name is the one that's dirty. is this not reason to be upset?[/quote]Your neutral feedback has been removed.

If he sent you a broken game, post pics of it, so we can all see what he sent you. Plus, I think he's trying to backpedal on the situation and try to fix it in some way.

I'd love to see the pics of the broken UMD case.

dirty, if you both agreed on 1st class then he shouldn't have upgraded and expected you to do the same.

just another impatient , inexperienced trader.

[quote name='NegativeZero']dirty, if you both agreed on 1st class then he shouldn't have upgraded and expected you to do the same.

just another impatient , inexperienced trader.[/quote]Very good point.

Brings up the point to make sure you clear up everything on both sides before anyone ships anything.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I don't think Rigo has a PS3 and is trying to acquire some PS3 game for lolwaut. However by doing this, there's no guarantee what game he'll end up with. I had a chance to see the pictures of the GripShift and it was broken, and I was also very upset with Rigo over leaving neutral feedback during this family emergency and still not taking care of it yet. I'll be honest, at first I thought Rigo might have been a new account of Anbu_Zim (the join date was after he was banned, both from CA, and both are young), but it appears they are not the same.[/quote]

you are correct in that rigo does not own a ps3; however, he has several ps3 games listed on his trading list. unreal tournament 3 was one of them at the time i became aware of this incident... i dont know if its still on his list (im too lazy to look) but he originally had 4 or 5 ps3 games on it, all of which were labeled as "new and sealed"... thanks for your help TMK

[quote name='8ball305']If a trade sound to good to be true never ship or continue with the trade. It would usually end up like this. First of all he could of gotten more than just a PSP game for GTA IV didn't you think he could scam you.[/quote]

i traded my GTA IV (360) for his gripshift (PSP). he sent first so i wasnt worried about being scammed. i know it seems like an uneven trade on my part; however, there is a reason why that game was worth a lot to me. im sure a quick google search will explain... the game had sold out everywhere overnight and was going for $80+ on ebay at one point. at the time of the trade, the game was going from 25-30 on ebay and i suspect that the value of the game has dropped even more by now.

[quote name='shrike4242']I also adjusted the title of the thread, since the OP is such a wordsmith about the situation, giving us all these details.

Your neutral feedback has been removed.

If he sent you a broken game, post pics of it, so we can all see what he sent you. Plus, I think he's trying to backpedal on the situation and try to fix it in some way.

I'd love to see the pics of the broken UMD case.[/quote]

thanks for your help shrike, it is appreciated. pictures of the broken umd can be found here:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2luxk50.jpg

and here:

http://i41.tinypic.com/15qsugj.jpg

the first picture features a pretty sizable crack on the back of the case. now i know that this doesnt affect playback, but it certainly disqualifies the game as "mint" (by my definition). the second picture displays the reason the game is inoperable. anybody that knows anything about the UMD format knows that you are NOT supposed to be able to separate the case, which i am doing with my thumb in the picture. i am able to do this because the side of the UMD is severely cracked. my PSP does not recognize the disc, nor would i expect it to in that condition.

[quote name='shrike4242']Very good point.

Brings up the point to make sure you clear up everything on both sides before anyone ships anything.[/quote]

everything was perfectly clear before anyone shipped anything. we both agreed to ship first class parcel. he was to ship me his "mint" gripshift first. i was then to ship him my lightly scratched but fully functional GTA IV (which is how it was described in my list) upon receipt of gripshift. well, i wasnt here to test gripshift when it arrived and my girlfriend doesnt even know how to turn on the damn PSP let alone tell that the UMD was severely damaged. so, she sent it out as i told her to. now, if i had been home at the time, i would have never shipped out GTA until rigo resolved the situation.... but unfortunately, that's not how it went down.

[quote name='lolwaut']thanks for your help shrike, it is appreciated. pictures of the broken umd can be found here:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2luxk50.jpg

and here:

http://i41.tinypic.com/15qsugj.jpg

the first picture features a pretty sizable crack on the back of the case. now i know that this doesnt affect playback, but it certainly disqualifies the game as "mint" (by my definition). the second picture displays the reason the game is inoperable. anybody that knows anything about the UMD format knows that you are NOT supposed to be able to separate the case, which i am doing with my thumb in the picture. i am able to do this because the side of the UMD is severely cracked. my PSP does not recognize the disc, nor would i expect it to in that condition.

everything was perfectly clear before anyone shipped anything. we both agreed to ship first class parcel. he was to ship me his "mint" gripshift first. i was then to ship him my lightly scratched but fully functional GTA IV (which is how it was described in my list) upon receipt of gripshift. well, i wasnt here to test gripshift when it arrived and my girlfriend doesnt even know how to turn on the damn PSP let alone tell that the UMD was severely damaged. so, she sent it out as i told her to. now, if i had been home at the time, i would have never shipped out GTA until rigo resolved the situation.... but unfortunately, that's not how it went down.[/quote]I was pointing out the issue with agreeing to shipment terms clearly to others in the thread, as I'm sure it was agreed to as first class on both sides and rico had impulse control issues and shipper priority mail versus first class. Or, it could be an honest mistake, as if you try to use the USPS.com website, it won't let you ship first class, only priority mail, express mail and parcel post. Paypal Multiorder shipping will let you do that above, plus media mail and first class plus $0.18 DC's on anything less than priority mail or express mail, which is why I use it.

I think that those pics (blurry but still useable) show that it's not mint. Any cracks in the UMD case aren't going to be classifable as mint by any stretch of the imagination. Point against rico for that game arriving in that condition.

However, point against you for having GTA IV shipped out before you had a chance to check Gripshift, even if it wasn't you who did it. How long would you have been gone before you would have been able to check Gripshift on your own? Would it have been long enough that you would have had an issue waiting on it before you returned home?

[quote name='shrike4242']I was pointing out the issue with agreeing to shipment terms clearly to others in the thread, as I'm sure it was agreed to as first class on both sides and rico had impulse control issues and shipper priority mail versus first class. Or, it could be an honest mistake, as if you try to use the USPS.com website, it won't let you ship first class, only priority mail, express mail and parcel post. Paypal Multiorder shipping will let you do that above, plus media mail and first class plus $0.18 DC's on anything less than priority mail or express mail, which is why I use it.

I think that those pics (blurry but still useable) show that it's not mint. Any cracks in the UMD case aren't going to be classifable as mint by any stretch of the imagination. Point against rico for that game arriving in that condition.

However, point against you for having GTA IV shipped out before you had a chance to check Gripshift, even if it wasn't you who did it. How long would you have been gone before you would have been able to check Gripshift on your own? Would it have been long enough that you would have had an issue waiting on it before you returned home?[/quote]

well, i know this isnt your point but i feel i should mention anyway that i know rigo went to his local post office to ship this and did not go through USPS.com. i had to explain to him how to ship the game, where to get the bubble envelopes, etc. since it has his first trade.

as for waiting until i got back home to check gripshift, rigo created this thread in January. i didn't get back home until feb. 21st (i left on jan. 23rd, coincidently the same day rigo shipped gripshift). i felt that it would be unfair to make rigo wait for his game for that long... i know i probably would have been upset if i had to wait that long, so i just told her to go ahead and ship it.

It appears that Rigo received GTAIV 360 no later than 2/4/09 based on this post:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5465784&postcount=38

Since I know lolwaut, the day he sent me a PSN message with his return was on 2/21/09. So in reality, it would have been over two weeks until lolwaut could have received the game. I understand lolwaut probably figured Rigo was telling the truth that the game was mint and as long as it was received, he'd be all right (when it doesn't appear to be mint). At the same time, if lolwaut never sent the game, he probably would have been TTO and considered to be scamming Rigo when he was out of town and could not get in contact with Rigo telling him the situation (and most would have thought lolwaut did something due to being gone for a while). That's why this is a tough situation.

EDIT: I can confirm the 2/21 date too, based on the PSN message I got. I definitely know lolwaut was gone since he never got on AIM since around 1/23 or something and that was the last day he logged into PSN, before the emergency.

EDIT 2: I believe the last day I talked to lolwaut (and the last time he was on AIM) before family emergency was (Session Close (lolwaut): Fri Jan 23 01:18:54 2009) I looked through IM logs. So it is around 1 month.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It appears that Rigo received GTAIV 360 no later than 2/4/09 based on this post:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5465784&postcount=38

Since I know lolwaut, the day he sent me a PSN message with his return was on 2/21/09. So in reality, it would have been over two weeks until lolwaut could have received the game. I understand lolwaut probably figured Rigo was telling the truth that the game was mint and as long as it was received, he'd be all right (when it doesn't appear to be mint). At the same time, if lolwaut never sent the game, he probably would have been TTO and considered to be scamming Rigo when he was out of town and could not get in contact with Rigo telling him the situation (and most would have thought lolwaut did something due to being gone for a while). That's why this is a tough situation.

EDIT: I can confirm the 2/21 date too, based on the PSN message I got. I definitely know lolwaut was gone since he never got on AIM since around 1/23 or something and that was the last day he logged into PSN, before the emergency.[/quote]

precisely.

[quote name='coolsteel']UMD case being cracked is not the end http://multimediarecovery.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=B83B6E70BDA84085AE6F56F4121AD933&nm=Test&type=EcomBB&mod=E-Commerce%3A%3AProduct+Catalog&mid=C4BAF2D29AF649DF978318202CBEDD02&tier=2&cat=Products&ntier1=Products or alternatively you could take a demo case, break that one open put the disc in and see if it works. I've done it before and it worked fine..[/quote]

i understand that a cracked UMD is not the end of the world and that it is possible to replace them. the problem is, i wanted this game because it was supposedly mint and complete. i wanted this game mainly for collectors reasons. putting an unofficial UMD case on it completely negates the reason i wanted this game. if you look at my iTrader feedback you will see that i already bought gripshift off a CAG member, prior to making arrangements to trade for Rigo's gripshift. the copy i got off the other CAG member was UMD only (no case, manual, etc) and not in the greatest shape, and that was fine with me because i needed it to test a PSP3000 exploit out. THEN, when i saw rigo's copy that was supposedly mint, i decided to jump on that as well so i would have a complete, mint copy of the game for my collection. anyway, this is all besides the point. the game was described as mint, and its not... in fact, it doesnt even work. i shouldnt have to order a UMD case and change it out, even if i were interested in actually having this copy to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back