OEM Faceplates?

Milkyman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I removed my old screen protector and it left a horrible glue residue on my psp that I can't get off.
Does anyone know where to buy OEM faceplates for the PSP? or if not OEM as close to the best fit as possible? I found an old thread where jekki said he had to fiddle with his to get it right.

I know about decalgirl but not sure how well they fit
http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,206.htm
looks like they have three brands

and there's divineo,
http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-psp-facep
the product description says it's made by sony but I don't know if thats true or not.

I saw a quick youtube video about taking off the place looks like just take a couple screws out, pop off the plate swap the analog nub to new plate and put it on?

this just when i get crisis core! damnit

Milkyman, go buy yourself a bottle of Goo Gone, or similar adhesive/goo removal solution. The stuff is formulated to take apart many common adhesives, yet leave the surface fine.

Just follow the directions on it and you can clean up your PSP good as new. I had a similar situation where I got some kind of adhesive goo all over the front of my PSP. On the screen, buttons, faceplate, everywhere. I think it was something from my cheap book bag. Anyway, I just put a bit of that solution on a paper towel, applied it, then wiped it off and the thing was good as new.

This way you don't have to open up your PSP and void your warranty.

well go on ebay and look for ones that say "PSP" and "Sony" and have all the right labels on it (memory stick logo, power, hold, etc).

I wanna think those ones are OEM.

I have one for my slim rite now, but I fukkin stripped the screw on my unit~!!!

:bomb:

so i got my fake goo gone stuff and have had a little bit of success with it. I'm not sure if goo gone will work better. I wasn't able to find it at target or kmart here in new york. This stuff goes on, the directions say to wait 30 seconds and then scrape at it with the cap. I've cleaned up the center of the screen but the stuff that is left just isn't budging. Will goo gone work better than this duck crap? Or should i just say i gave it a shot and buy a faceplate? This is a launch PSP so i'm sure warranty is way over on it anyway.

photos in the spoiler tag
004.jpg

002.jpg

Incidentally, don't buy JavoEdge screen protectors.

wow i decided to give it one more try and i used my fingernail with a bit of towel between my nail and the screen and it worked, i managed to get almost all of it off. I'm a little high from the "citrus scent" but my psp is almost like new.

bread's done
Back