Of Tea Party folks and Racial Slurs...

[quote name='UncleBob']I'd rather be obtuse than someone who has to resort to name calling and cursing because they can't communicate with the outside world otherwise. If this is how you choose to communicate, please feel free to put me on your ignore list. It won't hurt my feelings one bit and the less posts you reply to like your above reply, the better off this board will be.[/QUOTE]

We've all tried using English and logic. You don't get it. Give me another way to communicate with you. Go back and read all your posts for the last couple pages and tell me you're not a petulant child with zero common sense.

You don't have viewpoints that are grounded in any sort of logic or common sense though so I'm done arguing with a fool. See ya, dude.

Man, that was an awesome ninja edit. I wish I had quoted you, where you compared me to a pedophile priest. Because that really went well to show where your mindset is at.. :(

[quote name='elprincipe']What joke? This administration has already pushed through massive handouts to unions (in the "stimulus" bill) and changed rules to favor them (work under federal construction contracts of anything more than a small size must now be performed with union labor).[/QUOTE]

But elprincipe that money went to create lots of jobs for hardworking americans, and boost the economy! Its silly to think the left leaning government used it, and is still using it as a slush fund for whatever they deem necessary.

Wait a minute. You conservative douchebags got on your knees for the banks but we can't support the guy that worked on an assembly line for 50 years?

[quote name='depascal22']Wait a minute. You conservative douchebags got on your knees for the banks but we can't support the guy that worked on an assembly line for 50 years?[/QUOTE]

Really? Really?

Isn't the banking bailouts what started the entire Tea Party crap?

I'd say plenty of "conservative douchbags" were against the banking bailouts. In fact, I'd say most of the country was.

The movement didn't really start until Obama took office. That's just a coincidence, since the banking bailout was under Bush.

[quote name='IRHari']The movement didn't really start until Obama took office. That's just a coincidence, since the banking bailout was under Bush.[/QUOTE]

You do realize, of course, that the early roots of what formed into the "Tea Party" actually came from early Ron Paul organizers, right? Like, after Ron Paul lost the nomination and all...

[quote name='UncleBob']You do realize, of course, that the early roots of what formed into the "Tea Party" actually came from early Ron Paul organizers, right? Like, after Ron Paul lost the nomination and all...[/QUOTE]

Libertarians have used the Boston Tea Party as a sort of rallying cry for decades, but the current movement kind of grew out from Paul's campaign in general; "Tea Party" wasn't really used as identification until the "Tea Party" money bomb, though.

It's too bad most of the people who jumped on in 2009 don't feel the same way Paul supporters did/do about foreign policy, the drug war, PATRIOT Act, etc. There are a number of tea party and affiliated groups who do believe in that sort of stuff, but they're outnumbered and don't receive the press the more traditionally Republican elements of the movement do.

No I agree. But the current 'Tea Party' does not believe in Ron Paul's principles. He was booed at the SRLC when he said we shouldn't be nation builders and we can do better with peace than war.

Ron Paul doesn't care that his movement was hijacked, I think he's just glad that some of his ideas are being embraced, finally. This was after Ron Paul wasn't even invited to one of the Republican Prez Primary debates (I think FNC hosted it...)

[quote name='depascal22']Wait a minute. You conservative douchebags got on your knees for the banks but we can't support the guy that worked on an assembly line for 50 years?[/QUOTE]
Yeah depascal, you are way off base there....

[quote name='Knoell']Yeah depascal, you are way off base there....[/QUOTE]

Not at all, there was more than one con who here who was defending the wall street bonuses funded by taxpayers. There is nothing wrong with pointing out the perverse glee that cons have when a pension gets looted and workers get shafted.

[quote name='IRHari']No I agree. But the current 'Tea Party' does not believe in Ron Paul's principles. He was booed at the SRLC when he said we shouldn't be nation builders and we can do better with peace than war.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree that the original intent of the roots of the current "Tea Party" movement has been mutated and lost.

But that doesn't change the fact that there were a large number of people (including conservatives) who were against the bailouts. To claim otherwise is either ignorance or dishonesty. Next thing you know, we're going to hear about how Obama didn't support the bailouts and it was all Bush's fault.

[quote name='Msut77']Not at all, there was more than one con who here who was defending the wall street bonuses funded by taxpayers. There is nothing wrong with pointing out the perverse glee that cons have when a pension gets looted and workers get shafted.[/QUOTE]

This just goes to show how out of touch you really are.

[quote name='UncleBob']I don't disagree that the original intent of the roots of the current "Tea Party" movement has been mutated and lost.

But that doesn't change the fact that there were a large number of people (including conservatives) who were against the bailouts. To claim otherwise is either ignorance or dishonesty. Next thing you know, we're going to hear about how Obama didn't support the bailouts and it was all Bush's fault.[/QUOTE]

Explain this to me, what has been lost? What has been mutated? Was there a point to the movement beyond wanting to propagate a vision of democratic-capitalism? The early tea party had no plans for legislation (or really anything beyond holding signs), and when they start trying to get support and get elected people turn on them. Was the party really subverted or was the mass support for the party based upon things other than policy, something beyond making the country better for all of its citizens.

bread's done
Back