Off to Australia...

wookieballz

CAGiversary!
Well, I'm heading off to Australia for two weeks. Should be a great trip.

Hope I don't miss any cheap-ass deals when I'm gone. :D

Thanks, guys.

Note to self: eat kangaroo meat.
Another note to self: avoid Steve Erwin.

My flight is in a few hours, so I still have some time to take advantage of one last deal...

Trip Update:

Eat Kangaroo - done
Eat Crocodile Sausage - done
Avoid Steve Erwin - in progress

PS: My God...I missed so many deals it's not even funny...

~Stealthy

Interesting you should ask that. 8)

Two days ago, I was on a cruise to see the Great Barrier Reef. On the return trip, I met up with these two girls from Japan (who didn't speak a word of English). Using my limited comprehension and speaking ability for Japanese, I managed to introduce myself, get to know them, and we ended up going out for dinner for two nights in a row.

So the going is well...except I'm leaving for Melbourne in a few hours, and they're going back to Japan...so I'll never see 'em again. :cry:

Well, I'm flying back to the 'states tomorrow.

Final Trip Summary:

Sydney: *****
Cairns: *****
Melbourne: **

Overall: ****

Eat Kangaroo: [Complete]
Eat Crocodile: [Complete]
Avoid Steve Erwin: [Success]

Had a blast. My advice for anyone who has a chance to head down to Sydney: TAKE IT!!!

~Nirvanaguy777

Thanks, dude. I did. :)

Awesome trip huh?
I'm going to Manila, Filips next year in March. The main thing I worry about is the damn plane trip, because it will be so damn long, and I'm flying from CT which makes it even worst. Heh.

Well, I'm back...and I'm going on about 18 minutes of sleep in the past 24 or so hours...

Yeah, I'm jetlagged. lol.

Here's the breakdown:

Day 1: Arrive at Sydney after 24 hours of flying, flight delays, and airport-related bull****; check into hotel, wander around.
Day 2: Visit The Rocks, Sydney Harbor, two local pubs.
Day 3: Take a cruise across harbor to neighboring city.
Day 4: Go back to pubs and get totally plastered (legal drinking age in Australia is 18...).
Day 5: Fly to Cairns, check into hotel.
Day 6: Wander around city, buy stuff.
Day 7: Go to aboriginal village of Kuranda. Eat kangaroo-meat pie and crocodile sausage.
Day 8: Barrier Reef Cruise and snorkeling! Single best day of the trip. Also meet two girls from Japan, and get dinner with them.
Day 9: Check out various restaurants, get dinner again with the girls.
Day 10: Fly to Melbourne, check into hotel.
Day 11: Wander around the city.
Day 11-and-a-half: Realize the city is crap, and spend the rest of the day eating.
Day 12: See "Super Size Me." Eat stuff. Drink beer.
Day 13: See "Spiderman 2." Eat stuff. Drink beer.
Day 14: Fly for home.

In all, it was a blast...but I'm glad to be back!

"The main thing I worry about is the damn plane trip, because it will be so damn long, and I'm flying from CT which makes it even worst. Heh." -Monsta

My advice is to say up for an entire day before the flight, and sleep through the whole thing. HIGHLY recommended. :)

Sounds cool...my friend went to Australia about a couple of months ago. he said it was good but overall it a lot better back home.

~Ericnmel99

Which city did your friend go to?

~TomCloud9

They left for Japan the same day I left for Melbourne. We're going to try to communicate with letters, where the language barrier won't be such an issue.

He went all over the country. He said its nice, but its hot. The one thing he mentioned is that the people over their just don’t worry about stuff like we do. (Thus the expression 'no worries')

Two cases: One night he was hanging out with friends he knows down there and the dude he's with was drinking beer while driving. i don’t know what the law is down there but he didn’t seem to care.
Case two: he was over the same friends house and the whole family runs outside because there’s a poisonous snake outside. Instead of running away from it, they all flocked to it and try to stab it and kill it. There’s also this poisonous spider over there that are in peoples houses that they don’t care about even though it can kill you....but hey no worries mate.

Yeah, Australia is definitely hot as hell. Heck, our Summer is their *Winter*, and it was still sweltering.

As for the dude that was drinking and driving, the reason why nobody seemed to mind is because everyone down there drives like they're drunk even if they're not. Let's just say it's not a pedestrian-friendly place...

Good to hear you had an awesome trip. Me and my best friend went to a resort in Jamaica last year. Spent the whole time scuba-diving, enjoying the free bar (again, that was TOTALLY FREE BAR, if you don't count paying to stay in the hotel :wink: ), and eating hamburgers and Jerk Chicken (basically really damn spicy chicken, common dish in Jamaica) right on the beach.

... oh yeah, and erm, 'enjoying' the natural flora of the island. \:D/

[quote name='daphatty']Of course you will. Some of the best deals go on while people are on vacation.[/quote]

This is so wierd, Daphatty said this on June 22, well over two weeks before the CC sale.

Honestly man, HOW did you do that? And since you obviously were omnipotent enough to know about the deal, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?

~Ledhed

"...again, that was TOTALLY FREE BAR, if you don't count paying to stay in the hotel..."

:)

Jamaica, huh...sounded like a great place to begin with, but the free bar just seals the deal. lol.

Sounds like your trip was a blast, too, eh?

As for daphatty, he was right...in a huge way. I missed out big time when I was gone...:(

bread's done
Back