Offical Gundam Model / Gunpla Thread

So far I'm liking it but I will say its no where near gundam 00 but still a nice watch. Wow thats kinda weird everyone saying its garbage. I wish they made a model with the broken exia gues it wouldnt be that hard to kinda make one urself i guess.

Anyone watch/stomach G Savior?

[quote name='Mrcapcom']So far I'm liking it but I will say its no where near gundam 00 but still a nice watch. Wow thats kinda weird everyone saying its garbage. I wish they made a model with the broken exia gues it wouldnt be that hard to kinda make one urself i guess.

Anyone watch/stomach G Savior?[/QUOTE]

I've owned it on DVD for like 3 years now, i saw 10 minutes of it and took it off

lol Im mad I missed the rightstuff sale they had gaogaigar for 17.99 boxset 1 and 2 now they 31 a piece lame!
Is it just me or did they show Flay's dad ship getting blown up in just every scene with a ship blowing up? lol
Keep seeing those two holes then a crack in the ship and boom

Yea I saw this ill make sure I put it in the OP nice stuff. The Transam gundams are meh. Granted they are nice but I dunno if im gonna jump on that wagon just yet.

edit
Updated OP

And whats the name of that book that shows all gundam models made and etc?

1/144 00 Raiser pls k thnx bai
http://www.gundam.co.kr/community/newProd_v.jsp?sno=4136

Most definitnely worth grabbing I hear mix reviews on which is better as far as 1/144 00 and 1/100 some say u can move 1/144 more
anywho 1/144 now has the 0 raiser in its size so cool!

So I saw this thread a couple of days ago and I figured what the hell and ordered a couple models to build. My question is are there any tools or techniques you guys recommend to put these things together? I've never put a model together before.

Well from my experience with just two models lol the older ones like the double Z needed model glue or krazie glue. But when I got my 1/100 Heavy Arms Custom I didnt need anything everything snapped on. You can use wire cutters or a model knife to cut the nubs off and then color over with a gundam marker if your not exactly doing the uber paint jobs. Me I'm doing poor man touch ups and ill post vids on youtube to make a gundam look fairly good with out that much skill :) but its up to u if u wanna paint/spray paint I seen some nice jobs done check Anubis20's blog im gonna put it in the OP if its ok with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iauoGyZiAOc
Vid I found on youtube they have alot of cool stuff on youtube for gunpla

One last thing is that your bioshock sig rocks on so many levels english words can't describe

I've dabbled here and there with gundam models but never did anything outside of Wing. I want a Kyrios though so I guess i'll be getting back in to the hobby for awhile. To get warmed back up i'm putting together a Rx-178 Gundam MkII 1/144 kit . One of these days I want to get into light painting for at least the easy parts.

Me personally im just gonan do line art and a little touch up here and there for the main colors. I went to dalong.net and he never paints but lines ill post some pics up tomm when i get to work. my next models when I get some cash will all be sword type gundams here is my list all 1/100
Exia
Blue Astray
Red Astray
Sword Impulse Gundam

Thats all I could find im welcome to ideas

But yet go to dalong.net go to 00 or Seed and look at the models none of them for the most part are painted. I'm not knocking paint though its worth it and makes it look better but if your short on time and poor and married with 3 kids ..... well u get the idea lol

I'm the only one that comes here during the day lol at work bored sometimes. Anywho what you think is going to come out after Gundam 00 ends? This should be the last season we are on episode 14/15 I'm pretty sure we won't see anything past 25. Maybe they will make a Second series kinda like they did with Seed Destiny

I hope not. Unless it featured more of the awesome grunt designs. I still retain a glimmer of a hope for a Gundam Unicorn animated series/movie.

I recently finished building my 1/100 Astray Blue Frame. The Sword/Gun thing is pretty cool though I hate how it attaches to the back of the kit.

So Gundam Unicorn is a manga/novel then? I never read it or heard of it, although I have seen the models unicorn gundam is sweet the other guy in red no so much.
So last night I was bored and cracked open my Gundam Heavy Arms Custom and took pics hes kinda dusty I built him along time ago. I'm gonna make a blog and ill post up
here when I get a chance

gundam unicorn is a novel, i own 4 volumes and there are like 3 pictures in the entire book, volume 4 of the novel came with a gattling gun for the MG unicorn, volume 8 will come with a bazooka for the MG sinanju

Gundamstoreandmore.com has some stuff on sale. Shipping was kinda rough on one thing but I noticed it only went up a few cents if you order more then one model. Shame i'm broke right now, the Exia and Flag 1/100 kits were only 22.90 before shipping. I just got he Kyrios and called it a day

lol thats hot I didnt know that. Omg are you serious Exia alone was 22.90 links pls. I just made my blog though and posted it up on the OP:
http://mrcapcomds.blogspot.com/
Just some pics and stuff.

Are you talking 22.90 each?
Yea I saw that price awhile back hopefully they will still be there at the end of the month. I wanna at least grab exia 1/100 and ashtray red 1/100 and some gundam markers and maybe a stand

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32613560@N08/3219838852/ Not really done but my work in process RX-178 Gundam MKII 1/144 , this is the first time i've tried doing the panel lines and it turned into one tedious task. Need some q-tips to clean up where I smudged or missed a line. Seams annoying the heck out of me too, hopefully I can find some domestic liquid cement that succeeds in slightly melting the plastic together.

When you're building a model kit, there are usually two halves to a body part. Connect the two and you see the seams. But the seams seem to be disappearing these days considering the skills of these model designers. Like on the Gundam 00. The only seams I see are where they are necessary.

My Kyrios won't be showing up until next week so i'll let you know if the seams are as noticeable on current suits. Gundam competitions normally grade on how well the builder got rid of seams, while I have no interest in being some top builder I at least want them gone. Mrcapcom that convention would be Otakon and that model was not painted at all just panel lined with a micron marker , Anubis20 keeps bitching at me to import my paint so i'll be going that route later.

lol import your paint? I think im going to stay with just gundam markers and panel lines. I would love to paint them but knowing me they will spontaneously combust in the display case

I have MG Unicorn from Xmas. Took a while to build it, but it was worth it :) Planning on getting the MG Strike Freedom next. ;)

Pics pls :) Did you paint it? Panel lines only? Gimme the info! I was thinking of getting Unicorn but I dunno what it would look like with just panel lining. I get paid this friday so I will be ordering my stuff from gundamstoreandmore and ill post up stuff

Katsucon is 2 weeks away I can't wait >_< I can't decide if I should wait for the convention to buy my models or just order 1 or 2 now. Any one ever been to katsucon or a anime convention and seen how good there supply is I know its probally going to vary but just a idea would be nice

GundamStoreandMore just updated there website omg they got so many new model kits for Season 2 00 and they selling 00 1/100 for 27.99! my my I think im gonna have fun this month with gundam!

lol so what post it I don't know about you guys but I know alot of people want to see the gundams without paint just to see if its worth it.

Remember you don't have to paint gundam models or do much more outside of snap them together. All the extra work is just what you feel like putting into it so feel free to post what you got .Its always funny to see what kind of shenanigans they pull with the stock kits, Rx-178 MKII for instance comes with a solid white beam saber, what the fuck am I supposed to do with that? I need to go find a neon green marker or something

Got a Tallgeese III 1/100 recently off ebay, just about the only source I could find in America that had one at a reasonable price. Traded some garbage for a 1/100 F91 Gundam and my Kyrios came the other day. Won an Endless Waltz Wing Gundam Custom 1/100 off ebay for about 11 shipped, i'm done buying for awhile. All of that should take a good amount of time. And on a side note why the holy hell does the action base (gundam stands) have to be put together like a model kit?! So damn annoying

lol i gues its to keep in the spirit of things? lol Gundamstoreandmore has 00 hopefully if nothing happens ill be ordering that and probally red astray this friday. And ill try and pick up some 1/144's at katsucon or a 1/60, or grab some action bases and gundam markers. I agree with you cool I didnt know my Heavy Arms Custom looked so good well at least better than I thought it did. I had i believe double Z gundam which looked horrible couldnt even stand up...

I bought a ZZ Gundam on eBay, and it was an old HG. Man I couldn't transform it into the G-Fortress, and I broke one of it's legs. :( And I paid $13 for it...

And I picked up a HGUC Nu Gundam. Finally! I own it!

If you guys want to see unpainted but panel-lined gundam models, check out www.dalong.net. The site's mostly in Korean, but the links at the top should be easy to follow. The site pretty much has reviews for all of the master grades and hguc models, as well as some other non-graded models like seed and 00, and has a lot of good pics at various stages of construction, scans of the manuals, etc.

Just got a Strike Noir MG from eBay for $40 shipped, which seems like a pretty good price. Don't know when I'll get around to building it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
good lookin Squee but its in the OP for dalong.net im tryin to find other places besides that but its cool today is friday and im thinking of buying Red Astray and 00 from gundamstoreandmore anyone got any ideas as to anymore i should buy? I think im shooting for just two kits.

1 Gundam Seed:
Gundam Astray
Red Frame
Model Kit
1/100 Scale
#10 $19.74
1 Gundam 00:
Gundam 00 /
Double Zero
Model Kit
1/100 Scale
#11 $27.99
Subtotal: $47.73
Shipping: $8.82*
Tax: $0.00
Total: $56.55

W00t now the waiting game. Hopefully when I go to Katsucon in 2 weeks they will have some gundam markers and ill check my local store for the spray paint.

I wanted to try out those gundam markers but Gundamstoreandmore.com is constantly out of the basic set. Only ebay options are either overpriced or off in Hong Kong.

I caught a few episodes of it just to see what the dub was like, between 0079 and Wing I recognized just about every voice. Can't say I liked the dub much, some sounded perfect while others sounded really off. Setsuna sounding like Amuro Ray just felt really really wrong. Still why did they pull a marathon like that on a Monday night? About to just cancel it?

Yahoo! They're releasing an HD color of the Type 100!
But dang, I'll have to get the Zeta ASAP...

And OMG OMG! HGUC Nu Gundam with Armor! And I just bought the regular one! Hi-Nu Gundam next year is but a dream.

About the dub, I'm fine with it. It is a shame that they couldn't bring back Heero, since Relena's voicing the Princess of that Arabian nation. Sure Scott McNeil is like every other voice, but I'm down wit it. Stratos's bro better talk like a leprechaun!

Nah they ending all there animes to show new ones or something I read it somewhere but they not canceling it they just gonna wait a bit i guess till new stuff comes out. Yea Code Geass I watched dubbed was meh then all of a sudden i started seeing season 2 im like wtf? When did that happen?
I heard Gundam 00 was ending Feb 6 so I guess thats why they did a big what 3 hour ending? I didnt mind the dub it was ok for me it wasnt naruto bad but Setsuna didnt have to sound like a super emo Heero.

[quote name='coolsteel']I'll never understand what people like about those clear gundam models[/quote]

It doesn't make any real sense to me except on PGs where the internals are so amazingly detailed it's a shame to cover up.

Personally I hate the "Special Coating" versions. Though since they're always extras of those going for a lot less then the normal versions I guess if you plan on giving it a new color scheme it's a godsend.

Yeah for Perfect Grades I could sort of see it being useful , for everything else not so much.

Anyway just got my Wing Zero Custom 1/100 in the mail . Seller started the legs apparently and said nuts to this and threw it back in the box, works for me since it went dirt cheap

Omg are your serious? Pics pls!!! I just picked up some Tamiya Spray paint last night and my models should be ariving today if ups arent complete douche's. I got metalic blue and im gonna pick up metalic red and matte white ill keep you posted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phw0Vk1wv7g
here is a high res of the paint job i did so far on the grey runner
3255920422_cb2fbaa4d7.jpg

a bit clearer than the youtube

bread's done
Back