Offical Heavenly Sword Thread (Current GStat av score = 8.0)

[quote name='seanr1221']:lol: this is great, Rei, Apposum, Whoknows and Rolento have all logged on within like...1 minute of each other.[/QUOTE]
Seriously, my friends list has never been so active.

Slow download though. Probably because of all the people grabbing it.

First pics:

DSC00002.jpg
DSC00005.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

[quote name='seanr1221']Yea I have lots of people on right now...even Dallow!

Oh wait...he's just folding ;) :booty:[/quote]I'm at work!!!!!!! :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

[quote name='seanr1221']:lol: what do you do that you can spend all this time on the PS3 board? ;)[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's Kaz Hirai

[quote name='seanr1221']:lol: what do you do that you can spend all this time on the PS3 board? ;)[/quote]Haha, :whistle2:$ :whistle2:$ :whistle2:$ . Don't tell them what I'm actually doing instead of working.

[quote name='dallow']Haha, :whistle2:$ :whistle2:$ :whistle2:$ . Don't tell them what I'm actually doing instead of working.[/quote]

QFT. Boss knows I surf forums and such but if he knew exactly how much time I spend on them... Well, lets just say it won't be pretty.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Haha, me to!

:cry:

What time does the Dallow get off?[/quote]Damn overtime. 6 or 7 pm CST.

QFT. Boss knows I surf forums and such but if he knew exactly how much time I spend on them... Well, lets just say it won't be pretty.
Same for me, haha.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Slow download though. Probably because of all the people grabbing it.[/quote]

I'm going near full speed at around 1mb every 2 seconds'ish. Greanted it's now 30 minutes since your reply.

Demo kindof released at the right time for me just as soon as I got home from work. Can't wait to try it out in another 15 minutes or so when it finishes downloading. I probably shouldof checked and started it before I took the time to make lunch though, oh well, such is life. :p

Yup, it's short.

Here's some tips from the dev, he posted on GAF and said sorry it's so short.

Hi guys,

Here's some tips to get more out of the demo:

- blocking is automatic but you have to be in the right stance. ie.

Speed Stance will block Blue Attacks
Power Stance will block Orange Attacks
Evade will avoid the unblockable Red Attacks
Range Stance won't block

Learn the block-breaker combos in the pause menu to break enemy blocking
Master Counters
If you get KO'd jerk the motion controller upwards while you are still in the air

To do an aerial combo:

L1+triangle launches an enemy up in the air (not easy to do)
jerk controller up to launch yourself into air
try one of the aerial combos in the pause menu

Have fun and sorry it is so short.
Also, this game has a lot of voice dubs supported:

Languages supported:

Dansk
Deutsch
English
Espanol
Francais
Italianio
Nederlands
Norsk
Portugues
Suomi
Svenska

Another tip:

Mr T here, yes.

Also L1+TRIANGLE can be used to sweep debris into enemies (demo areas are a little too tight for this).

Cheers

Nah, it'll keep downloading.

More tips:

a little video starts to play if you leave it on the Title Screen for a middle. Looks very, very good.

Have any of you tried the Aftertouch throwing after you clear out the first pillar. It is good for a few laughs.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just played the demo. It was fun, but it's also only like 2 minutes long... Was kind of disappointed in that. I liked how they had an Italian option. That's actually my first language.

Hey, it may be short, but at least we won't have that much of the retail version to replay through...this game is unbelievable, the stances bring that much more to the table and switching mid move to different stances is effortless. I was already going to get this game, now September cannot come soon enough!

[quote name='RESmonkey']I need some PS3 friends, anyone out there?[/QUOTE]
You can go ahead and add me.

And I started downloading the demo and left for work...have to wait at least 5 hours til I am able to get home and play :cry:

Everyone seem to be saying good things about it so far?

[quote name='seanr1221']25%!

If I play some castlevania, that shouldn't slow anything down right guys?[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, I wish they'd make it so I can play PS2 games while downloading something.

Anyone know if it still downloads while watching a DVD?

DVDs will work with downloading.

Also, reports say that this is an older build as some of the minor touches and graphical upgrades of the E3 build aren't there.

So full game will look even better.

^ I don't know but that is going to be a hell of a few weeks just for exlusives...Lair, then two weeks later Warhawk, then a week later HS.

Holy crapballs.

Initial impressions of the demo: mehhhhhhhhh

I'll have to play it some more later to see if my opinion changes. Also, has anyone found a jump button yet? I haven't.

[quote name='whoknows']Is IGN's release date for this game right? They put September 4....that would be the ship date, right?[/quote]

I haven't seen the date totally confirmed but they have stated that it is complete and in final phases of being approved.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna'] Also, has anyone found a jump button yet? I haven't.[/QUOTE]
There isn't one. Didn't really see a need for it though.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']I am disappointed.[/quote]

I'm not. Took me longer I think then most to finish it because I didn't just slash through it. I tried the different moves and combos. There are some WICKED things you can do to those poor evil men. :) Counting is a lot of fun!

These looked like very low level baddies too, so it should be tougher in the real game. You don't get to fight the mean looking bunch that rushes through the door at the end of the demo. I think that might have showed more of an example of how different styles/techniques the tougher enemies have.

I don't think you'll be fighting those no bodies the whole time. Remember this was just a taste, okay... sip, of a much larger game.

[quote name='NamPaehc'] You don't get to fight the mean looking bunch that rushes through the door at the end of the demo. I think that might have showed more of an example of how different styles/techniques the tougher enemies have.

I don't think you'll be fighting those no bodies the whole time. Remember this was just a taste, okay... sip, of a much larger game.[/QUOTE]
Hence why the demo should have been longer. It wasn't even a sip. They let a single drop fall onto our tongues, that's about it.

Less of a demo and more of a tech showpiece.

That said, it's pretty damn awesome. Looks amazing despite being an earlier build. And I'm totally feeling the combat system. It's a shame it was so short, but my interest in the game is now even higher.

I'm guessing everyone is dissappointed about the length.

Oh well......ony 4 more hours til I can go home and play..at least it will be done downloading by then for sure.

[quote name='seanr1221']To the people who are disappointed, what were you expecting/what's wrong with it?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know that as well... I want to know about the gameplay, is it fast, slow, tight, loose... I can't wait to play this for myself.

bread's done
Back