Office Depot Deal/Clearance - Seagate 1TB External HDD $22.93, Laptop/Tablet Bundles

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Original Post
I recently began working at Office Depot. I know they don't sell consoles or console games, but I've noticed that some of our clearance for PCs and accessories are pretty good. As far as I know, they are company wide clearance prices. If this thread needs to be moved let me know, but I didn't see a computer/peripheral deal section.

I will update as I come across more items. I'll start a list of SKUs and do my best to keep things going.

To start off, we have an HP Photosmart Premium printer for $39.94 down from an MSRP of $199.99. I'll look again tomorrow and get the exact model number.

581067_497802303568480_772598628_n.jpg

brand.png

CLEARANCE AND DEAL THREAD

I was happy that the price of the HP printer was verified by a few users in different areas. If you manage to pick an item up, post location and remaining stock on here.

I found a few other items on clearance today that some of you may be interested in. This thread will grow with time. Keep in mind I can't spend a lot of time hunting down deals. I do, after all, have a job to do. I'll keep updating as I can and the thread will evolve.

Hopefully, some of you will find some worthwhile deals. Post any of your finds. I'll update the main thread.

Current Offers

My sister recently bought the lower end Laptop/Tablet bundle. Each tier is a pretty good deal if you're in the market for both.

072912_lenovobundle1.jpg

Clearance Items
Presented as SKU/Item/Clearance Price/Original Retail

Printers

485356 Samsung CLX-3185 $129.94 $199.99
695283 HP Photosmart c310a $39.94 $249.99

Computer Peripherals

260583 Logitech M305 Wireless Mouse, Silver Filament $15.92 $31.99
412458 Seagate 1TB External Hard Drive$22.93 $109.99
449628 iGO Netbook Charger $7.93 $29.99
858012 500GB External Hard Drive $44.92 $89.99
902157 Ativa® Mobil-IT 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub With Mini USB Adapter $1.94 $15.49

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='starscream615']So, yea. This is for video game deals and you didn't even post what printer it is...[/QUOTE]

I accidentally posted before I was finished. That's why it originally didn't say which printer it was.

I'm aware that this site is for games, but we regularly have mice, keyboards, headsets, external hard drives, computers, laptops, etc. on clearance. I'll only list items that I feel are relevant to gaming and computing. I'm not gonna announce any clearanced Post It notes or binders.

As stated in the OP, if a moderator can find a better place to put this thread, that would be great. I don't really want to get flamed, but I feel some of these deals could be of use to my fellow CAGs.

[quote name='starscream615']So, yea. This is for video game deals and you didn't even post what printer it is...[/QUOTE]

dont like it dont read it better yet DONT post bitching about it...

thanks for posting the info been looking for a new printer...

if the OP gets flame they should tell them to go fuck themself

Seems solid, though the printer has a LOT of bad reviews attached to it.

off(ish)topic:

To anyone complaining about this post, remember that many nongaming deals get posted and plenty of people welcome them. A prime example would be the HUGE HP Touchpad firesale threads. While the Touchpad can play games... so can most electronics (like a calculator), which don't get posted here / aren't wanted.

I support you in making this thread dude, I like to find games for cheap but I also like to find computer stuff for cheap too, hey do they have any nice laptops on clearance, i could use a nice and cheap on price laptop

The correct forum for this post, as of this time, is called "Other Deals and Requests"

You could petition the mods in the "CAG News, Feedback & Site Assistance" forum for a Computer / Electronics Deals Forum for stuff like this. But if anything that had anything to do with gaming was posted in here, we'd have even MORE tablet threads than we already do, plus iPhone/iPod deals, a bazillion laptop threads, desktop PC deals, plus all of the parts for building a computer. So far some toys/t-shirts/books stuff slides because its either directly related to video games (i.e. video game shirts on Woot, game guides, specific video game toys) and that's fine because its not overwhelming the forum and usually contained to mega-threads, but there is so much computer stuff is only indirectly related to gaming.

Is there a way to check stock at a specific store or area similar to best buy? I don't need to buy it online but I would happy to know if any were in stock because the drive is pretty far.

[quote name='slidecage']dont like it dont read it better yet DONT post bitching about it...

thanks for posting the info been looking for a new printer...

if the OP gets flame they should tell them to go fuck themself[/QUOTE]

Just because you happen to be looking for a new printer doesn't mean squat. I was just pointing out in a non-dickish way that this was the section for games. What happens to the folks who are really looking for a printer and go to the correct other deals page and don't see this post? I understand we post other things on here like headsets and mice but a printer "generally" doesn't have anything to do with gaming. Granted, I use mine to print game labels sometimes but that's a bit of a stretch. Also, that printer is, as some of the reviews pointed out, not really the greatest though at $40, is probably still a good deal.

[quote name='KemperJones']I recently began working at Office Depot. I know they don't sell consoles or console games, but I've noticed that some of our clearance for PCs and accessories are pretty good. As far as I know, they are company wide clearance prices. If this thread needs to be moved let me know, but I didn't see a computer/peripheral deal section.

I will update as I come across more items. I'll start a list of SKUs and do my best to keep things going.

To start off, we have an HP Photosmart Premium printer for $39.94 down from an MSRP of $199.99. I'll look again tomorrow and get the exact model number.

[/QUOTE]

Don't update it. Your quest for a giant thread is over, you've failed. More to a different forum. Thanks.

Thanks for contributing, I've been looking for a new printer. Can't wait to print custom artwork/covers for games!

[quote name='starscream615']Just because you happen to be looking for a new printer doesn't mean squat. I was just pointing out in a non-dickish way that this was the section for games. What happens to the folks who are really looking for a printer and go to the correct other deals page and don't see this post? I understand we post other things on here like headsets and mice but a printer "generally" doesn't have anything to do with gaming. Granted, I use mine to print game labels sometimes but that's a bit of a stretch. Also, that printer is, as some of the reviews pointed out, not really the greatest though at $40, is probably still a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Your post was pretty dickish and not helpful so you failed at that. I do agree that "Other deals" would likely be the best place for this, but then again if it is for a Desktop or Laptop then it might deserve it's own post in the VG Deals section since Desktop/Laptop is a "console" used to play games and console deals are posted there all the time.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Don't update it. Your quest for a giant thread is over, you've failed. More to a different forum. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

A moderator can easily move the thread if need be. Until then, you'll have to cope. Pardon me for passing along deals.

Don't pardon yourself, you were trying to be helpful. Pay no mind to those dicks hiding behind a keyboard and mouse. All trolls get whats coming to them.

Appreciate the heads up OP, never would have noticed this in "Other Deals". May be heading to Office Depot tomorrow for a new printer :)

Oh no... You broke the internet by posting in the wrong area -.-

Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I just bought a new camera the other day and was looking for something to print photos with.

Hmm.. I have been thinking about getting another printer. Hmm.. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for ACTUALLY POSTING DEALS unlike the miserable ones who do nothing but ruin this board with their worthlessness.

A deal on a printer before going to school could be amazing, especially for that price! Unfortunately, the closest store to me is 35 miles away... I wonder if Office Depot deals are typically YMMV.

[quote name='Wario64']Finally I cant print stuff from my PS3.[/QUOTE]

That is true. I don't know anyone that has actually used that feature

To any mods checking: I say give him a week or 2 sticky in the other deals forum and see if he keeps up with this tread of if this stuff is YMMV.

I work again from 12 - 6. I'll get a SKU and see what other items I can find. If you go to your local store there are computers set up around the store that customers have access to. If you type in the SKU the system will tell you how many there are and where they are located in the store.

I found printer when putting out price changes yesterday. It wasn't even on the floor. It was in topstock. The fact that the price ends in the number 4 indicates that it was in the fourth clearance cycle. My department manager told me that clearance items have to be on the floor for at least 24 hours until an employee can purchase them.

If anyone is interested, the only stock that I can confirm is that we have one in Montgomery, IL. If you wanna throw me a bone, come pick it up when I'm working. You can get a replacement plan (I believe $5.99) that covers it for two years. If its a dud and breaks you get a gift card for the initial amount you paid. Not to mention, I'll make a few bucks off of it.

I'm hoping someone can confirm this in the next day or two at another location. That way I can justify the thread. If you pick one up for this price, please post.

Love when people get bitchy over non-game deals on this board. God forbid they might miss out on a crazy deal on a Disney Princess game that they can flip and make $2 off of.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']Love when people get bitchy over non-game deals on this board. God forbid they might miss out on a crazy deal on a Disney Princess game that they can flip and make $2 off of.[/QUOTE]
Hey now. Everybody knows that Barbie Horse Adventures has far better flip potential than the Disney Princess games.;)

Effort is appreciated, OP - I'd be on this, but picked up a new printer a couple weeks back, though.

That said, ignore the flamers, eh? Hard to believe there are people who actually believe the number of responses to a post somehow MATTERS - to anything in the frickin' world. As if.

[quote name='KemperJones']

[/QUOTE]
OP, I'm wondering if the MG6120 printer to the right is also on clearance and around the same price as the photosmart?

Awesome post OP, if you can manage to keep this updated i'll make sure to check this thread whenever there's something new. I've run into some pretty awesome clearance at Office Depot before in the past and hopefully I can manage to run into some more in the future as well.

[quote name='baboonfreak']OP, I'm wondering if the MG6120 printer to the right is also on clearance and around the same price as the photosmart?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it is clearanced I can let you know how much it is tomorrow.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Awesome post OP, if you can manage to keep this updated i'll make sure to check this thread whenever there's something new. I've run into some pretty awesome clearance at Office Depot before in the past and hopefully I can manage to run into some more in the future as well.[/QUOTE]

Ok gonna do my best. I will definitely update tomorrow evening.

[quote name='KemperJones']Ok gonna do my best. I will definitely update tomorrow evening.[/QUOTE]

Anyone looking at the data may agree the item appears to resemble HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series (C310). However, further research is necessary before we can reach any firm conclusions in this area. Thanks so much! KemperJones. I'll wait for confirmation.

HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer
http://youtu.be/Zwk1YVlliec?t=02m29s

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...taskId=&prodSeriesId=4023238&prodTypeId=18972

http://reviews.officedepot.com/2563...ne-printer-copier-scanner-reviews/reviews.htm

I've actually had my eye on this printer. I'll check my local Office Depot tomorrow. Hopefully clearance isn't YMMV so you can continue the thread. If it is YMMV, oh well. I'm pretty sure you've done worse things than try to point out a deal to strangers on the internet.

nice find, i'd be all over this if i still need a printer, i think my sister got one of these for $90 two years ago although i'm not sure if it is the exact same model

Thanks OP,
I've been looking for a new printer, I'm ready to take my current one outside and smash it in the driveway. It only works when it feels like it.

***Edit, crap. Forget it. We have an OfficeMAX here in town, not an OfficeDepot.

LOL

I didn't even realize there was an "other deals" forum until this thread took me there. Good price for that printer but I wonder how badly they get you on the ink?

Ran out in the rain to two Office Depots and scored one!
No price on it but had them scan.

Big thanks to the OP!!!

Needed a cheap AirPrinter and this fit the bill nicely.

Thanks, OP. I'm going to continue following this thread. I've been in a wireless mindset since I tripped over a printer cord and ruined one of my laptop USB ports. $40 is a good price for a wireless printer but the cheap ass part of me is looking to spend $30. I'm also looking for a good price on an external/portable hard drive (500GB-1TB).

[quote name='Zimmy']Rain out in the rain to two Office Depots and scored one!
No price on it but had them scan.

Big thanks to the OP!!!

Needed a cheap AirPrinter and this fit the bill nicely.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the model / sku? THANKS!!

[quote name='parkerpic']Do you have the model / sku? THANKS!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='sonofman']anyone looking at the data may agree the item appears to resemble hp photosmart premium e-all-in-one printer series (c310). However, further research is necessary before we can reach any firm conclusions in this area. Thanks so much! Kemperjones. I'll wait for confirmation.

Hp photosmart premium e-all-in-one color inkjet printer
http://youtu.be/zwk1yvlliec?t=02m29s

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...taskid=&prodseriesid=4023238&prodtypeid=18972

http://reviews.officedepot.com/2563...ne-printer-copier-scanner-reviews/reviews.htm[/quote]

Confirmed sku 695283

I"ve updated the OP with some new items. Please be patient while I update as I can. If you find some of your own deals, be sure to share details. I'll update the main list with your information.

bread's done
Back