Office Season 2 - $17.99 at Circuit City - Dead, back up to it's right price

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Don't have alot of time, I know it's for $29.99 in the ad but it rings up $17.99 in store.

The shelf tag said $17.99.
The computer system said $17.99 (I couldn't find it, guy looked it up on his terminal and it came up $17.99)
The register said $17.99.
I paid for $17.99 for THE OFFICE SEASON 2 NEW RELEASE Today!

This SHOULD NOT be YMMV... hurry before CC fixs this!

I think they messed it up in their computer and put Season 2 at Season 1's price... this is a GREAT deal, it's MSRP is like $34.99 so it's 50% off!

I got mine. Thanks Roufuss! I'm a little bummed cause the plastic case that holds the DVDs is broken but oh well. Can't beat the deal.

[quote name='animemaniac14']i picked it up...and the told the cashier about the price mistake...thinking i should've kept my mouth shut...but surprisingly..HE ARGUED WITH ME...saying ya we put it on sale like that...i continually argued with him but he was firm in his side...oh well, CC's loss. my gain through selling the last copy that was in stores on EBAY! wooooo[/QUOTE]

NOT ONLY DO I WANT TO KILL THE DEAL FOR EVERYBODY ELSE; I SNATCHED THE LAST COPY TO SELL ON EBAY!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

You, sir, embody everything CAG stands for.

[quote name='animemaniac14']i picked it up...and the told the cashier about the price mistake...thinking i should've kept my mouth shut...but surprisingly..HE ARGUED WITH ME...saying ya we put it on sale like that...i continually argued with him but he was firm in his side...oh well, CC's loss. my gain through selling the last copy that was in stores on EBAY! wooooo[/quote]

I'll just write that name in ink on my list

I really don't know what to make of you animemaniac14. I've stood idly by watching you make weird comments for months now. If you're not 14, how old are you then? 13?

Great deal. Sadly my copy of The Office Season 2 hasn't shipped yet from DDD, which is odd since I usually get DVDs the day they come out from them (I got Stella Season 1 yesterday). I don't mind, as long as I get it before I finish watching Stella.

Thanks OP! Just snagged one at the CC in Manchester, CT. There was a whole bunch and the faded sale price says $17.99.

I wanted to buy this but I didn't want to pay $30 for it. I just got back from CC and it rang up at $17.99. Their shelf tag also said $17.99. Thanks.

CONFIRMED! My CC even had it advertised at 17.99. Can this really be a price mistake? Anyway ROUFUS I LOVE YOU AND THANKS CAG! I now own my favorite show ever!

Umm.....I deciding on wether I should pick this up or not....

I most likely will but probably cant til tomorrow...

[quote name='Maklershed']I'll just write that name in ink on my list[/QUOTE]
Wait a minute. That's not your list. That's Richard Nixon's list, and you scratched out his name and wrote in yours.

Got 1 at the City of Circuits. Nice find.

[quote name='Stoneage']Wait a minute. That's not your list. That's Richard Nixon's list, and you scratched out his name and wrote in yours.
[/quote]

44.gif

I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place!!

[quote name='Night Wolf']Thanks OP! Just snagged one at the CC in Manchester, CT. There was a whole bunch and the faded sale price says $17.99.[/QUOTE]

Weird! I was there picking one up at approximately 645ish! I was there with two of my buddies who also were picking up copies. we made the trek from UConn... totally worth it!

Ok, I read a lot of reviews for this dvd and the show and looks like im definetly making a pruchase and trip tomorrow after school.

[quote name='kevzik']CONFIRMED! My CC even had it advertised at 17.99. Can this really be a price mistake?[/quote]

receipt.jpg

Yeah. There is no way they can sell a $40 dvd the first day its out for less than half price when no other retailer comes close... All the movies are marked at 40 its just some dumb mistake that switched it with the first season... has to be..

If I wasn't so tired from work right now I'd run over there and pick up a copy. I'll try to get it tomorrow after work.

I ran over to my circuit city based on this thread and had no luck. Actually, it rang up at 17.99 but she tried to overide it to 29.99. When I told her that other circuit cities were charging 17.99 she pointed to the circular and showed the 29.99 advertised price. End of argument. Apparently. I said no thanks and left.

[quote name='javeryh']Thanks! I got it for $17 on 86th and 2nd in NYC.[/QUOTE]

Did they have a lot of copies left there? I didn't get a chance to make it to CC today. Hopefully this is still going on tommorow. Thanks!

[quote name='evophile']Did they have a lot of copies left there? I didn't get a chance to make it to CC today. Hopefully this is still going on tommorow. Thanks![/quote]

I don't know. There was probably only room on the rack to stack it 5 deep and after I took mine there were 2 left. I don't know if there were more in the back or anything...

Got mine tonight at CC....they had only 3 copies left but no sign of them being $17.99. So I grabbed one and had a cashier do a price check...and sure enough, $17.99!

I made it to CC after work and they had these new spiffy display racks and signage which looked really nice. They also seemed to have removed those old cardboard boxes they throw those cheap DVD's in and have new faux wood paneled carts. Anyway they had the tag up for The Office Season 2 at $17.99 but were sold out, so I went over to the BB down the street and had them PM it. Thanks for the deal Roufuss!!

Picked mine up tonight for $1 at Circuit City :)

I signed up to their CC Credit Card, which lets you get any DVD/CD $19.99 or under for a buck. The C/S girl looked at it at first and said "no way, it's $39.99", but then I told her it was on sale for $17.99 and she was fine with it.

My Circuit City had about 10+ copies taking up 4 spaces on the endcap, each spot had a $17.99 pricetag printed up and showing it as Season 2. I didn't even see S1 anywhere.

BTW: I got a copy with the free CellPhone games promotion: it was just a sticker on the front that you open. It says:

DOWNLOAD NOW
From Games Menu
On Your Cell Phone
Text OFFICE to 32852

I have Alltel, so I have no clue what they're talking about, but I tried a normal text. It said invalid format or whatnot.

does circuit city give out rain checks? the one i went to yesterday was out. im gonna try another one in an hour or so when they open.

[quote name='Burchamj']does circuit city give out rain checks? the one i went to yesterday was out. im gonna try another one in an hour or so when they open.[/quote]

They aren't going to give out a raincheck on a mispriced item. Once corporate HQ finds out about this they will let all the stores know. I bet it's already dead.

[quote name='javeryh']They aren't going to give out a raincheck on a mispriced item. Once corporate HQ finds out about this they will let all the stores know. I bet it's already dead.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to return Underworld: Evolution (as I know it will be $10 again) and find out.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I'm tempted to return Underworld: Evolution (as I know it will be $10 again) and find out.[/QUOTE]

It's $10 next week at Best Buy, so return it.

[quote name='seanw']It's already changed in the system. Question is whether the tags are still up on the shelf ....[/quote]

i didn't read this whole thread, but i don't think there ever would've been tags up saying $17.99

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i didn't read this whole thread, but i don't think there ever would've been tags up saying $17.99[/QUOTE]
It's nice to see you again TSD, it's been a while since I've seen you on. There were actually tags up saying $17.99 for Season 2 printed up like the regular sales shelf tags.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i didn't read this whole thread, but i don't think there ever would've been tags up saying $17.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's how I got it for $18. It rang up $30, but there was a computer-printed Office Season 2 tag for $17.99. They called to have it removed after I left. (This also happened when I got the Indiana Jones trilogy at the same Circuit City.)

bread's done
Back