Office Space: SE finally coming out! BB will have exclusive GiftSet...

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Not really a deal but its the DVD thread so it fit here best IMO.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/646/646213p1.html

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat70800050006&DCMP=EMC-OLBBYV02

Best Buy exclusive!

Best Buy is the only place you can buy the jam-packed Office Space (Special Edition Gift Set). Get the hilarious cult film, new special features and these awesome extras:
  • Red stapler
  • Coffee mug
  • Mouse pad
  • Pen and pencil set
  • Notepad
  • Magnetic picture frame

Office Space (Special Edition with Flair!)
    Release date: 11/1/05

Unable to endure another mind-numbing day at Initech Corporation, cubicle slave Peter Gibbons (Ron Livingston) gets fired up and decides to get fired. Armed with a leisurely new attitude and a sexy new girlfriend (Jennifer Aniston), he soon masters the art of neglecting his work, which quickly propels him into the ranks of upper management!

Now the stage is set for Peter to carry out a high-tech embezzling scheme that's sure to mean the end of his job and a one-way ticket to easy street. Can he pull it off before all corporate hell breaks loose?

Special features
    • "Out of the Office" — an Office Space retrospective with Mike Judge
    • Deleted scenes — "Peter Lies to Lumbergh," "Happy Hour and Chotchkies," "Peter Goes Off on Nora," "Tom's Mixed Heritage Called into Question"
Currently pre-ordering at bestbuy.com for $24.99

[quote name='Scorch']Nothing there that makes me want to re-buy it.[/QUOTE]

Thinking the same thing. Nothing too exciting, especially if they plan on charging any respectable ammount of money for this. Office Space is one of those eternally cheap DVDs.

I really enjoy office space and not meaning to thread crap. But this dvd is not worth it. This is all thats on it. That is no special edition this is a regular dvd. I am tired of this stuff happening. Like "The Truman show SE" that just came out. All it had was extra scenes and some extra languages that is not a SE dvd IMO.

"Out of the Office: An Office Space Retrospective featuring Mike Judge
Deleted Scenes, including "Peter Lies to Lumbergh," "Happy Hour and Chotchkies," "Peter Goes Off on Nina," and "Tom's Mixed Heritage Called Into Question"

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Thinking the same thing. Nothing too exciting, especially if they plan on charging any respectable ammount of money for this. Office Space is one of those eternally cheap DVDs.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure someone will have a $12.99 or $14.99 first week special on it. For me, I still have the tape, never bought the DVD. Good timing.

The original Napoleon Dynamite (going from horribly underrated to horribly overrated seemingly overnight).

I don't see a reason to get it either. But if it goes below $10 at a used place I might pick it up.

I've been holding out for Office Space for a while now since I heard rumors of a SE. I also heard a lot of CAG's waiting and wanting to hear more info on this so thats why I posted.

Just to verify the new SE has a new 16:9 Enhanced For Widescreen TVs transfer on it, as opposed to the previous release just being a 4:3 Letterbox presentation.

That alone is worth the upgrade. Trust me, take it from someone who has rented the Brazil release off of Nicheflix awhile ago (which also featured a 16:9 transfer, but used the same source as the Region 1 disc - in other words they just upconverted it to 16:9 enhanced).

[quote name='Jeoff']The original Napoleon Dynamite (going from horribly underrated to horribly overrated seemingly overnight).

I don't see a reason to get it either. But if it goes below $10 at a used place I might pick it up.[/QUOTE]

The biggest difference between this and Napoleon though is that this still remains a classic years later and most people can't stand Napoleon anymore.

[quote name='Graystone']Like "The Truman show SE" that just came out. All it had was extra scenes and some extra languages that is not a SE dvd IMO.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention a new 16:9 Enhanced For Widescreen TV transfer straight from a new HD master - again, that alone sold me on upgrading to the new SE. :D

Oh, and it does have a very good 40 minute making of on it. I'm damn happy with this SE for Truman Show. Its not like as if they re-released it a few months after the initial DVD came out either. Its been long enough as to where a new re-release can be justified for (as in more extras, better transfer, etc).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The biggest difference between this and Napoleon though is that this still remains a classic years later and most people can't stand Napoleon anymore.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't stand it the minute I watched it. At least I guess people are starting to wisen up.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Ive been holding out for the SE at leats its finally coming out even though its not to great :p[/QUOTE]
Same here, but I know it's a great movie...

I was hoping for a Comentary Track but I'll probably pick it up since it looks like this is it until the 10th, 15th or 20th anniversy super mega version comes out or something.

I'll just probably buy this because I bought the original a long time ago for only a few dollars, and this release has an anamorphic transfer. Nothing really special on this, but nice to see that the video is getting an upgrade.

Yeah, it's really disappointing that they didn't (couldn't?) put the original animated shorts on there. Commentary would've been nice too, but at least there are some deleted scenes.

For me though (as some others here), the real selling point is the new 16:9 animorphic transfer.

I'll get this just because I don't have the original release, but that's one sparse SE, especially considering the wait between the original release and this one.

[quote name='heavy liquid']Yeah, it's really disappointing that they didn't (couldn't?) put the original animated shorts on there. Commentary would've been nice too, but at least there are some deleted scenes.

For me though (as some others here), the real selling point is the new 16:9 animorphic transfer.[/QUOTE]

On a side note....Anyone know a good place to get the animated shorts. I have never seen them but have always been interested in watching them.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']most people can't stand Napoleon anymore.[/QUOTE]

Napoleon_Dynamite_1206_medium.jpg

lies.. filthy dirty lies

off topic: Napolean Dynamited sucked so hard that I never laughed when I saw the movie the first time I saw it. Honest I saw it with my friends, I couldn't find it funny.

[quote name='cyrix`']off topic: Napolean Dynamited sucked so hard that I never laughed when I saw the movie the first time I saw it. Honest I saw it with my friends, I couldn't find it funny.[/QUOTE]

it's b/c you are a bad person

you most likely suffocate kittens for fun in your spare time... stuff like that

I dont know how this post switched to ND but not intersted in that. Anyone know if the Office Space Cartoons were any good and know of a place to download them?

im buying it, this is my fav movie im glad im finally getting some decent special features and the dvd is pretty damn cheap too.

When does this come out? I was going to buy Office Space on DVD but now I'm going to hold off till this comes out. I hate when this stuff happens. The last time this happend and I bought a DVD was with Clerks. I bought it then a month later they anounced the Clerks X DVD.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']updated. See first post.[/QUOTE]
Pisses me off, after all that waiting that is all the special features that are included.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Best Buy exclusive!

Best Buy is the only place you can buy the jam-packed Office Space (Special Edition Gift Set). Get the hilarious cult film, new special features and these awesome extras:
  • Red stapler
  • Coffee mug
  • Mouse pad
  • Pen and pencil set
  • Notepad
  • Magnetic picture frame

Currently pre-ordering at bestbuy.com for $24.99[/QUOTE]

I'm sold.

As sweet as the new special edition is... I think I'll have to keep mine, which is

SIGNED BY MICHAEL BOLTON (the singer)

haha, he was so angry when we asked him to sign them. he said he wished he got royalties.

[quote name='varsitygamer']As sweet as the new special edition is... I think I'll have to keep mine, which is

SIGNED BY MICHAEL BOLTON (the singer)

haha, he was so angry when we asked him to sign them. he said he wished he got royalties.[/QUOTE]

That....is the single greatest thing I have seen written on CAG. Ever. If I wasn't at work, I'd be crying in laughter right now.

There is absolutely nothing even CLOSE to this.

I BOW TO YOU

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not really a deal but its the DVD thread so it fit here best IMO.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/646/646213p1.html

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat70800050006&DCMP=EMC-OLBBYV02

Best Buy exclusive!

• Red stapler
  • Coffee mug
  • Mouse pad
  • Pen and pencil set
  • Notepad
  • Magnetic picture frame

Office Space (Special Edition with Flair!)
    Release date: 11/1/05

Unable to endure another mind-numbing day at Initech Corporation, cubicle slave Peter Gibbons (Ron Livingston) gets fired up and decides to get fired. Armed with a leisurely new attitude and a sexy new girlfriend (Jennifer Aniston), he soon masters the art of neglecting his work, which quickly propels him into the ranks of upper management!

Now the stage is set for Peter to carry out a high-tech embezzling scheme that's sure to mean the end of his job and a one-way ticket to easy street. Can he pull it off before all corporate hell breaks loose?

Special features
    • "Out of the Office" — an Office Space retrospective with Mike Judge
    • Deleted scenes — "Peter Lies to Lumbergh," "Happy Hour and Chotchkies," "Peter Goes Off on Nora," "Tom's Mixed Heritage Called into Question"
Currently pre-ordering at bestbuy.com for $24.99[/QUOTE]

i'm not pooping on this post.... but i have to go ahead and officially doubt that this package could be sold for $24.99. possible? yes. probable? no, not at all.

if all those physical items are actually included in the package, i'll eat my swingline stapler (it's off-white)

it must be some sort of 'virtual office set'

no?

then again, i have a case of the mondays - and it's wed. already....

I agree that they are not included in the package. For one thing shipping is only $1.49 when you put it in the shopping cart. Also the bestbuy description says
Special Features:

Visual downloads: Stapler, Mousepad, Coffee Mug, Magnet picture frame, Notepad, and Pen/Pencil

Even if they were in it, its still not really worth it unless your a big fan of the movie. I'm going to buy it but thats only because I don't have the movie and this one is going to be made for 16x9 TVs. I was going to get the other one but heard about this and that the other was only 4:3 and I have a widescreen tv.

[quote name='Graystone']I agree that they are not included in the package. For one thing shipping is only $1.49 when you put it in the shopping cart. Also the bestbuy description says
Special Features:

Visual downloads: Stapler, Mousepad, Coffee Mug, Magnet picture frame, Notepad, and Pen/Pencil[/QUOTE]

damn... that will suck if they garner a ton of pre-orders from people who believe these will be the real items

they make it sound that way on the site... so much so that I'm still sorta on the fence...

but i'm forever a skeptic so we'll see....

[quote name='PKRipp3r']damn... that will suck if they garner a ton of pre-orders from people who believe these will be the real items

they make it sound that way on the site... so much so that I'm still sorta on the fence...

but i'm forever a skeptic so we'll see....[/QUOTE]
I was going to pick it up for a friend and then I saw that. Kind of odd the way they phrase it to make it look like it's all physically real...

[quote name='beerguy961']I was going to pick it up for a friend and then I saw that. Kind of odd the way they phrase it to make it look like it's all physically real...[/QUOTE]

gon' have to b&m this one so i can get my grubby mitts on it before i buy...

if i get screwed on this one i will go PC LOAD LETTER on those fools

officespace.JPG

bread's done
Back