OFFICIAL 2006 Yard Sale Thread

had an alright weekend
38 " tv, not a flat screen but close for 10 dollars, guy was moving and said did not get certian channels, but i have dtv so i was more then happy to give him the money, picture is beutiful
then picked up
grandia for ps1 5.00
wild arms for ps1 5.00
syphon filter 2 1.00
ehrgeiz for ps1 1.00
and 4 genesis games for a dollar
dracula
turrican
sword of vodan
one more i cant remeber
i have to hide them in my truck till wife is asleep, thinks i have an addiction to games lol
that was all in three hoursm then had to take ma in law to hospital, so had to cut day short oh well

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']
a colecovision with 2 games (donkey kong and turbo) w/ 2 game pads and a steering wheel
michael jackson thriller record

i have no clue how much this stuff is worth...any idea, i just bought these on instinct, and i had some extra money.

how do you plug in a colecovision, does it work with tv's with red/yellow/white[/QUOTE]

Back in the day, I loved Colecovision . . . so close to the "arcade experience."

Doesn't look like they are worth much (still have mine in the basement) but I'd say they are fairly rare. I've done a good amount of thrifting and I've seen all kinds of videogame stuff but never a Colecovision.

I still regret that when I was helping clear out my mom's house of old junk, I threw out my system box (mint with sytrofoam in it). fuck, what was I thinking?

This auction shows the little RF switch that you need (in the front). I bet they still sell them at Radioshack. You plug the RCA plug in and then hook up the two wires to a coaxial plug (you should have a coax input on your TV).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Colecovision-Vi...9QQihZ006QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Otherwise I'm sure someone will point out some new gadget to help out with these retro systems.

[quote name='camelking6969']
sword of vodan
[/quote]
Sword of Sodan!! classic. that was one of the most violent games i'd ever played at the tender age of 11. you could cut a guy's head clean off, and the ambient sound effects were really cool. it's worthless, but i'll keep my copy forever, since it's one of the first Genny games i ever played. memories...

unless you meant to type Sword of Vermilion, which i didn't like.

Here is the yard sale report for this week. Due to extreme heat, I only went out for about 2 hours and hit about 11 garage sales. Unfortunately, I didn't even come across one video game. It seems like each garage sale I go to has more and more overpriced crap. I think people are forgetting that garage sales are supposed to be dirt cheap. I did however snag a Super Gameboy for my SNES for about $5.00. Good deal?

Finaly got a decent score. Was on my way to visit my grandma and spotted not even a Garage Sale just a guy selling junk on the street so had my fiancee swing the car around. I looked around and didnt really see much so I asked the guy about video games and he pointed out a box with an old NES and 3 games in it. I offered $5 for it and he laughed really hard and loud in my face and said ya right, I set the box down and said $5 is what im offering and started to walk away. The guy stopped me and said O I overlooked this $10 price mark I had on this, told him again $5. He said $6 and I walked away with a working NES with Tengen Baseball, Tecmo Superbowl and Ice Hockey.

Not the greatest find but a good one and the guy said he gets not only video games all the time but arcade and pinball machines so I got his number and gave him mine.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Finaly got a decent score. Was on my way to visit my grandma and spotted not even a Garage Sale just a guy selling junk on the street so had my fiancee swing the car around. I looked around and didnt really see much so I asked the guy about video games and he pointed out a box with an old NES and 3 games in it. I offered $5 for it and he laughed really hard and loud in my face and said ya right, I set the box down and said $5 is what im offering and started to walk away. The guy stopped me and said O I overlooked this $10 price mark I had on this, told him again $5. He said $6 and I walked away with a working NES with Tengen Baseball, Tecmo Superbowl and Ice Hockey.

Not the greatest find but a good one and the guy said he gets not only video games all the time but arcade and pinball machines so I got his number and gave him mine.[/QUOTE]

Tecmo Superbowl is the best football game ever made. Good score!

[quote name='moiety']
1 Odyssey 2 Hardwired Microprocessor (all hookups)
1 Tele-Games Hockey/Pong
1 Hockey/Soccer (ODY, cart only)
1 Speedway/Spinout/Cryptologic (ODY, cart only)
1 Blackjack (ODY, cart only)
1 Pickaxe Pete (ODY, cart only)
1 Alpine Skiing (ODY, cart only)
Paid: $2

[/quote]

may i recromend this you wont find this yard sailing
http://www.packratvg.com/mrroboto.html

[quote name='sarausagi']Blazing Lazers doesn't need the mode 7 effects, that game has WAAAAY too much going on in the screen at one time though, great game all the way through, I used to love BLAZING LAZERS, back when I still had it..I wish emulating turbo was free...I don't want to pay for that PC Engine soft.[/QUOTE]

well, yeah, I'd agree, I love BL as well... but that was the best way to describe Space Megaforce since they are essentially exactly the same except there are some Mode 7 effects thrown in to make the backgrounds all the more crazy.. Quite frankly I was impressed since I just never though of the SNES having such a game... and yes, with TG16 prices, it was nice on the wallet.

[quote name='snotknocker']Just to add a little shooter love.

I've been playing LIGHTENING FORCE for the Genesis. It's had me by the balls for 3 or 4 days now and wo'nt let go. Good fun and cheap![/QUOTE]

Yeah, got it at a pawn shop for $1.99 a few years back and played it up before trading it... graphically I was very happy with it.... but yes, hard game. I'm more of a vertical shooter fan than the horizontal stuff, though...

Went to about 6 or so this past weekend. Lucked out with a Genesis + hookups and 15 games in box, with manuals for $12.

Picked up Mario Party 2 and Banjo Kazooie for $.50 apiece.

Details here

genesis.jpg

Im going to the 16 annual gigantic garage sale at the south florida fair grounds some one i know is going to have a both there iam im going with them early so i can score all the video games before every one else gets there

[quote name='PINKO']Im going to the 16 annual gigantic garage sale at the south florida fair grounds some one i know is going to have a both there iam im going with them early so i can score all the video games before every one else gets there[/QUOTE]

We have a giant city wide sale coming up in September that I cant wait for. The sales alone are usually awsome but besides those the Museum puts on an awsome sale of shitloads of donated items. I usually try and get up and get moving at around 10 when I go out to yard sales but ill be up at 6 that day.

Went to Savers, came out with a somewhat weak haul:
Star Wars Arcade (32X) - 1.99
Go board w/ pieces - 1.99

[quote name='Cao Cao']Went to Savers, came out with a somewhat weak haul:
Star Wars Arcade (32X) - 1.99
Go board w/ pieces - 1.99[/quote]

Actually, that isn't too bad...
Finding a reasonably priced Go board is quite difficult in most areas, and even ordering off the net, you'll often pay a premium.

My craigslist ad has netted me some good stuff.

$7 for Shining Force Genesis (cart only) and a few crappy ps1 games.

$20 for 2 SNES controllers, 2 Genesis (3rd party) 6 button controllers, Official Nintendo RF Switch, SNES Breath of Fire 2, SNES Final Fantasy III, SNES Captain America and the Avengers, NES Solstice, and Genesis Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. All of those were cart only. But the Final Fantasy III and Breath of Fire II make it all worth it.

Found at a Salvation Army I paid $6 for the following: GEN Shining in the Darkness, GEN Columns, and NES Ikari Warriors II. All cart only.

Also at Goodwill picked up Crazy Taxi 2 for Dreamcast (mint and complete) for $5.

[quote name='Zon27']My craigslist ad has netted me some good stuff.

$7 for Shining Force Genesis (cart only) and a few crappy ps1 games.

$20 for 2 SNES controllers, 2 Genesis (3rd party) 6 button controllers, Official Nintendo RF Switch, SNES Breath of Fire 2, SNES Final Fantasy III, SNES Captain America and the Avengers, NES Solstice, and Genesis Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. All of those were cart only. But the Final Fantasy III and Breath of Fire II make it all worth it.

Also found at a Salvation Army I paid $6 for the following: GEN Shining in the Darkness, GEN Columns, and NES Ikari Warriors II. All cart only.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried any of the local salvation army/goodwill stores recently. Do they usually have/carry a decent number of games (e.g., every pawn shop I've been in has usually had *something*), or are they typically more hit and miss...

Got a call from some guy whom is aquainted with someone I gave my number to at a YS. He's got big box of NES and SNES games and systems and another box of controllers and wires. Don't know exactly what's in them but he's offering them up FREE! I'm going to pick it up this weekend. He's about 50 miles from me so technically it will cost me gas and tolls - but a box of free games - Shit i'd drive a 100 miles

[quote name='snotknocker'] He's about 50 miles from me so technically it will cost me gas and tolls - but a box of free games - Shit i'd drive a 100 miles[/quote]

haha, agreed! i'm also the resident "old video game guy" to my friends and family, so i've been the lucky recipient of free stuff now and again -- i got my Twin Famicom this way!

hit the pedal and get those games!

[quote name='Ilovephysics']I haven't tried any of the local salvation army/goodwill stores recently. Do they usually have/carry a decent number of games (e.g., every pawn shop I've been in has usually had *something*), or are they typically more hit and miss...[/QUOTE]

Think it really depends on where your from and no matter where you are you have to stop in frequently since they are constantly putting out new stuff. I go to the salvation army once or twice a month and anytime I spot one when visiting friends or family out of town I hit it yet the only thing I ever found was a LoTR Third Age for $5.

Kinda a yard sale find...well really a yard sale re-find. I was cleanin the basement and found a load of Gameboy / Gameboy advance / NES carts in a box I bought yard salin 2 years ago. Totally forgot about them. Sweet!

Went around today and got Resident Evil (GC) for $2.

I found an NES action set with box and 5 games. It was marked at $12, so I CIF $7 and they wouldn't go any lower than $10. I'm tempted to go back and get it. Any suggestions?

[quote name='Dingleberry']Went around today and got Resident Evil (GC) for $2.

I found an NES action set with box and 5 games. It was marked at $12, so I CIF $7 and they wouldn't go any lower than $10. I'm tempted to go back and get it. Any suggestions?[/quote]

get it at 10 thats a steal

I went out today and got all my major finds at unlisted sales. The unlisted find was a fantasy book. I asked about games and they came out with some really old pc games. The next unlisted sale I almost passed by. They had a loose superscope that I passed on. It was missing everything. I asked about games and got:
$1 Yoshi's Safari
$1 Battle Clash

It looks like both are ment for the super scope. The next unlisted one had no games out, but I asked. I picked up:
$4 Final Fantasy VII GH in mint condition
$4 Zelda Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition with box (is there anything special about this?)

This wasn't a garage sale find, but it is good. I found a nice sized bottle of Goo Gone for $2 on the clearance table at Office Depot. That will come in handy.

So i went back to get the NES power set...and i got it down to $7 with the 5 games because i mentioned that it didn't have the power pad which it should have (I already have a couple as it is).

nes.jpg

*EDIT* They also had a sega genesis with a couple sonic games for $12...needless to say, i passed.

[quote name='Dingleberry']So i went back to get the NES power set...and i got it down to $7 with the 5 games because i mentioned that it didn't have the power pad which it should have (I already have a couple as it is).

nes.jpg

*EDIT* They also had a sega genesis with a couple sonic games for $12...needless to say, i passed.[/QUOTE]
Nice find. It's always nice to have the orignal box.

Does anyone know if a sega nomad for $30 would be a good deal? it comes with 3-4 shitty games. I emailed him about the condition of it, if its in great shape would it be worth it?

[quote name='megaseadramon']Does anyone know if a sega nomad for $30 would be a good deal? it comes with 3-4 shitty games. I emailed him about the condition of it, if its in great shape would it be worth it?[/QUOTE]
I would consider it worth it since I've never even seen one. I would try to talk the person down a little bit. If it comes with the box and cables, it would probably be worth it. I can't imagine how good the battery life would be on it though. I still wouldn't mind picking one up myself.

[quote name='megaseadramon']Does anyone know if a sega nomad for $30 would be a good deal? it comes with 3-4 shitty games. I emailed him about the condition of it, if its in great shape would it be worth it?[/QUOTE]

$30 is a good deal. I recently acquired my first Nomad at a YS it was part of a package deal. I absolutely love it. It does however consume batteries at an alarming rate, but it takes the same power supply as a Genesis 2. I have it hooked up in my bathroom and play it once if not more daily while I'm dropping a deuce. Only drawback is that sometimes my morning shit lasts until the afternoon and my evening shit lasts until the morning.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Went around today and got Resident Evil (GC) for $2.

I found an NES action set with box and 5 games. It was marked at $12, so I CIF $7 and they wouldn't go any lower than $10. I'm tempted to go back and get it. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Drop the $10 on it.

I actually went to a flea yesterday and a guy had a NIB action set. It was never used and the everything was absolutely fucking pristine. After telling me how it was never used and how he had to get $60 I tried to CIF him $40 (a lot of money by my standards but this thing was a gem), to which he replied as though I insulted him "were'nt you listening, I said I have to get $60"

[quote name='MSI Magus']Think it really depends on where your from and no matter where you are you have to stop in frequently since they are constantly putting out new stuff. I go to the salvation army once or twice a month and anytime I spot one when visiting friends or family out of town I hit it yet the only thing I ever found was a LoTR Third Age for $5.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, thrift shops are watched by many shoppers and really require frequent stops to find good stuff.

I go to Goodwill 4-5 times a week (on my drive) mostly to look for books for resale on Amazon (just sold a $1 book for $35!) . . . I rarely spot videogames but my best vg scores come from the "bins" of stuff to be shelved (including nice guides).

I think most people (like I do) skim the best stuff so if 4 SNES games come in (1 FF3, 1 Super Star Wars, and 2 sports games) the FF3 will be gone very quickly, the Super Star Wars may last a day and the sports games would stick around for quite awhile.

Since I go so often, I know that decent or interesting classic stuff does not last long. If I pass on something (a sys or a game) and decide later to get it, it will be gone the next day.

I just went around looking for sales today and couldn't find many at all. At the ones I did find, there was absolutely no video game stuff. The only thing I did get was a copy of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest for Gamecube at a pawn shop for $10.

[quote name='Whambamm']I just went around looking for sales today and couldn't find many at all. At the ones I did find, there was absolutely no video game stuff. The only thing I did get was a copy of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest for Gamecube at a pawn shop for $10.[/QUOTE]

that still rocks

The first sale I went to day I found a GH copy of Tomb Raider 2. I picked it up for $0.50. I visited several more sales, but I should have gone off to that sale that advertized video games. Someone got there as they were setting up and bought them up before I got there.:bomb:

I picked up a mint condition FFVII yesterday. Should I put it up on ebay? I've been hearing that it's been going for alot since the release of advent children. Do you think it's slown down any? I think I've seen them go for $50 and that would put a good dent in a Disgaea 2 pre-order.

[quote name='snotknocker']
100_0407.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Yesterdays finds:

Dreamcast system all hookups and one controller (nice and clean)
Fighting force 2 disc only
Spawn disc only
Street Fighter Double Impact disc only
Sega Genesis X-men 2 game - new sealed
Atari Jaquar game Alien vs Predator - new sealed

Total $11

Got to this sale and saw the DC and asked for a price. The kid tells me $5 and I reply with "Any controllers, any games?" So he breaks out the 3 DC games and points to a box on the side and says there's some new games in that box too. So I find the X-men and AVP marked $5 each. Not really thinking I take the Xmen and leave the AVP ( I do'nt have a jaguar) and go and CIF the kid with $6. After he accepts I think to myself that I've never seen any Jaguar stuff in any of my outings and then try and CIF him with $3 for the AVP which he declines and says he's gonna e-bay it if it does'nt sell for $5. I leave get about 2 blocks away turn around and come back and drop the $5 on the game thinking I can turn this for $20 easy or hold it for the long term

[/QUOTE]

No luck with anything yardsaleing. But made a excellent ebay sale. I put up the sealed AVP that I scored back at the end of May. Much to my surprise the fucking thing just sold for $132.50

Finaly had some luck. First garage sale I went to I noticed a SNES just before leaving. The people had all their stuff really marked up and the SNES and games were $20....I didnt think id be able to talk them down and was really excited since I hadnt been finding anything so I offered them $15 which they immediatly took. Next time ill deffintly be offering like $5 in hopes that they take it or we can settle on $15. Anyways heres what I got(hold on for second better find!)make sure you note the Shaq Fu with manual!

garage_sale_find.jpg

My fiancee said she didnt want to go to anymore sales since we now had $14 to get us through the next two weeks but for some reason decided to hit the next sale. When we pulled in the lady was pulling stuff out of her garage so I asked do you have any video games back there. She told me she had just found some old games a few minutes ago so I tried to play it cool and responded well while I play newer games I collect old games, I said I watched yard sales and if I saw stuff cheap I picked it up just to own and display it.

Upon looking inside it I could see a ton of Super Nintendo games, an N64 and a Sega Saturn. I didnt bother looking through the rest of it, I asked if she knew if they were in working condition and she shrugged. I told her not knowing if they were in working condition and largely being collection peices id offer her $5 for them. She reacted really hesitant so I told her how it looked like some wires were missing and all I had on me was $7 anyways. She asked if I lived close so I lied and said I was from 2 towns away which is about a 30 min drive then pointed out that our car had an out of state liscense plate. She again acted hesitant and said well let me make a call. I thought the deal was broke that her son or whoever they belonged to would laugh and say are you kidding me, but she came out about 3 minutes later and said ok $7 I guess then. She obviously realized this was probally a bad deal but with her kid or whoever saying yes couldnt do anything else.

garage_sale_find_2.jpg

Each system was complete with cords and about 2 or 3 controllers. The N64 also had a memory card and memory card/rumble pack built in one. I wish I would have given her my number or hung around as she got out more boxes because it seems odd that there were only 2 saturn and 3 N64 games....also seems odd that there was a single Playstation game. Makes me wonder and regret that there might have been another box or two full of games.

Made my freaking day! I wish we would have hit the other dozen yard sales in that area but my fiancee at that point really wanted to go home...yet decided to hit 4 in our neighborhood just before getting home which were overpriced cept one where we got a complete copy of the board game Brainum for $1! Good day good day!

stuff from this morning:

PSX (1001) w/memory card and old-style controller (non Dual Shock) in box: $5.00

NES Baseball Stars II (bare cart): $3.00

Depeche Mode & Smiths LPs (complete, records in perfect condition): $2.00

Canon LIDE20 USB scanner (works great!!!): $3.00

2 big boxes of Lego: $2.50

3 books, Charles Dickens' Christmas collection, Where the Sidewalk Ends, and To Kill a Mockingbird: $2.00

5 audio CDs (mint & complete), Garth Brooks Christmas, Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack, Frontline Assembly - Reclamation, Tears for Fears - the Hurting, Project Pitchfork - Daimonion (WOO HOO!! favorite finds of the day!): $1.00 each, so $5.00

$22.50 total. left behind a few O.K. items: Kirby for SNES, an XBOX S-video box, Final Fantasy Anthology bare discs... people were just gouging today. i thought, in this heat (106 in Chula Vista right now), they'd want to get whatever they could before they fainted. but apparently, they like blistering in the oppressive rays AND not making any money. go figure.

Picked up GBA Tony Hawk PS 4, GBC Donkey Kong Country and Star Wars Racer for $5 buck's.

Also picked up War Of The Worlds DVD (2005), Maximum Overdrive VHS, Saga Genasis NHL '94, Sir-Tech Wizardry Trilogy 2, and a guitar case with tuner's, string's and a few other odd's and end's all for $6.25.

So today was pretty good to me.

I ended up going to 32 sales from Thursday thru Saturday, and I ended up picking up a few neat things (and three awesome things).

Thursday, at the first sale I went to, I bought 10 National Geographics for $1.

On Friday, I bought the strategy guides for Tomb Raiders I and II and boxed copies of Myst and Riven for $2.

At another sale, I bought a case-only copy of Escape from Monkey Island for $.50. I also saw a copy of Diablo II, which I was tempted to buy, but the boy at the sale said he still wanted to play it, so I let him keep it.

I also bought all of the National Geographics from 2005 for $1. I also saw some old Genesis games; I was offered Urban Strike and Skitchin' for $3; I passed, but now I am wishing I had bought those.

The first sale I went to on Saturday was down the street from my house, and it yielded my greatest find; an Aladdin Deck Enchancer for the NES with two games: Dizzy's Adventure and Micro Machines. The original price for the whole set was $5, but I managed to get it for $3.

At another sale, I bought four N64 strategy guides: Jet Force Gemini, Goldeneye, Pokemon Snap and Banjo-Tooie for $.50. I told the seller that one of the guides was kind of torn (it was) so I got her to lower the price.

I was also able to pick up the Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red guide for $.50.

There was one sale I went to where a man was selling a ridiculous amount of Star Wars memorabilia. Unopened action figure packs, sealed VHS tapes, LPs, even an old promotional poster from Burger King. To be honest with you all, I was to intimidated to even ask for prices. I probably should have bought something though. He did say he had some video games not at his house; I gave him my phone number and I hope to hear from him sometime today. This could be promising.

At another sale, I gave another person my number, however this person said, "I could make some money off of this." Probably not a good sign, but I am still optimistic.

At yet another sale, I met a friendl lady who offered to give me a whole video game collection for free. I would have to wait two weeks though, but fortunately she said that she wouldn't forget. So far I know that one of the things in the collecton is a broken XBox, some plug and play games, and alsoa bunch of old Nintendo games too. I can't wait.

All in all, I had a good run. I'll try to get some photos up.

I almost forgot, I also got a whole bag full of National Geographics for free. I also went to a sale that had Kirby's Tilt 'n Tumble for the Game Boy Color for $3, but I passed. I probably should have tried to lowball that price.

My total spent was $8.50.

This week sucked!! heres what i got

NES:
paperboy(cart. only)
Bible Adventures(cart. only)
Mike Tyson Punch Out(cart. only)
and some 3RD party Ps2 controller

Got this for $1.25
So is this stuff worth anything?:lol:

[quote name='30189']This week sucked!! heres what i got

NES:
paperboy(cart. only)
Bible Adventures(cart. only)
Mike Tyson Punch Out(cart. only)
and some 3RD party Ps2 controller

Got this for $1.25
So is this stuff worth anything?:lol:[/quote]
Bible Adventures I think is worth something, and at $1.25 for that and two other games, you got a pretty good deal.

Well, actually I just found out that Bible Adventures is still being sold by Wisdom Tree, so I don't know if it is rare or not.

went and picked up the sega nomad for $30 with rfu adapter,x-men,nfl 95, american gladiators, and nba jam TE. I couldnt work him down any more so I said fuck it, I really wanted a nomad and it was better then going through ebay.

Hit up four sales, got something at all of 'em!

Got a PS1 (the rarer SCPH-1001, with A/V ports in the back) with a modchip in it (pirated games here I come!)

Crash Bandicoot: Warped (loose)
Crash Bandicoot 2
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Jet Moto 3
Medieval II
Metal Gear Solid
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Small Soldiers
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Stuart Little 2
Syphon Filter
The Legend of Dragoon
Tomba
Tomba 2
Vanguard Bandits
2 controllers
A bunch of random memory cards
...Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith in a jewel case, and a whole bunch of shitty pirated games...

None of the games Greatest Hits.

Next sale:
Dreamcast games ($5)
Dreamcast Generator vol. 2
Mortal Kombat Gold
The Next Tetris: Online Edition
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Worst sale:
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (Xbox) $5

The last sale:
40 Beanie Babies, 3 Beanie Buddies for $40. All with hangtags and in good condition. Lots of bears, too. Beanie Baby bears are awesome.

What's with people buying all the national geographics?
I mean, i have nothing against them...just wondering why i keep seeing posts of people buying them.

[quote name='unicron129']Hmmm, is the saga genesis 3 rarer than the other ones? I have yet to to see somebody find one at a sale.[/QUOTE]
I've seen one and passed on it. I've heard that it's not as good as other models.

[quote name='Dingleberry']What's with people buying all the national geographics?
I mean, i have nothing against them...just wondering why i keep seeing posts of people buying them.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. I figured people just collect them /shrug

1 Turbo-Grafx 16 (all hookups, manual + inserts)
3 TG16 controllers
1 Turbo Tap
1 Deep Blue (TG16, card+case+manual+french manual)
1 Bomberman (TG16, card+sleeve+case+manual+french manual)
1 Bonk's Adventure (TG16, card+sleeve+case+manual)
1 Keith Courage (TG16, card+sleeve+case+manual+comic)
1 BoxyBoy (TG16, card+sleeve+manual+case)
1 Devil's Crush (TG16, card+case+manual)
1 Pac-Land (TG16, card+sleeve+case+manual)
1 Victory Run (TG16, card+case+manual)
1 Neutopia (TG16, card+sleeve+case+manual)
1 Air Zonk (TG16, card+sleeve+manual)
1 Odyssey 100 (complete in box)
1 Odyssey 300 (complete in box)
1 Atari 2600 Box + manual
Paid: $10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No yard sales for us today, rained out.

We got this stuff from a CL posting. They were mainly advertising their AppleIIe computer, and threw in that they had some Turbo stuff at the end. We talked them down from $40 to $10.

It was kind of weird picking it up. So we had already agreed on everything that we eventually bought for $10, but when we arrived at the young couple's appartment, we were told that "Well, something happened before you got here..." We were both very confused.

"Well you see, somebody called after you did, and they wanted to buy some of the Turbo stuff for a lot more than you were going to pay for it. But they said they already the system, and only wanted some games. But we were going to run it by you first. He's actually on his way over right now." So we look at the games that the other guy wanted to buy, and of course it's all the good stuff. But we put our foot down, and said that the deal was already made and we already drove for 30 minutes to pick this stuff up. After a few shard glances, they reluctantly gave us everything. They then tryed to pull the same scenario with the Ody100, but we spoke up again.

I feel for them, I really do, but once you make a deal you can't back out on it. They didn't have to take our offer if they didn't want to, and they could've waited until tomorrow until some better offers rolled in. But we thought it was pretty unprofessional to change the original deal after we got there.

First time that's happened for us, although we don't CL too often.

bread's done
Back